First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Model 3, ā€˜99 Suburban, ā€˜24 GMC1500 AT4
Occupation
Airline pilot
I can't believe this bullshit. I'm holding out until they call me to confirm my order, which should be in a few months I hope, and if they haven't gone back on the prices or at least honored them for the existing reservation holders then I'll have to cancel like the rest of you. I'm hoping they'll see a giant number of people drop out and realize they messed up and go back to what they've been for the last year.
Sponsored

Revelation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
The secret is out, Rivian is going to wait until 60% or more cancel and then they will announce the price increase is only on new orders...

LOL! Watch that happen...

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
So they said they'd release a timeline estimator on the website, and they haven't yet. But they jumped on updating the price within hours of the pricing email.

Rivian continues to do all the wrong things to their potential customers and people who've been in the line for so long. Gotta question their ethics.

They are making terrible operational mistakes, and sticking the price tag of their continued poor middle management and upper management mistakes to their customers.

This is next level BS, and Elon got all the divide and attention just for his tweets, where's the accountability for Rivian?

I'd been a Rivian supporter all these years, and they've time and again proven only to disappoint, falter and under-deliver.
To be fair, if they knew the price increases were coming, which they did, why would they launch the timeline estimator knowing that it would be horribly off with a slew of order cancellations looming. Having said that, F*** you Rivian!

KurtP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
Though I obsessed for more than 1 year prior, I reserved the R1S in September 2021 (long after many on this forum). While the poor communication and delays were frustrating, I feel cheated by this recent bait and switch.
There was not even consideration for people who already made a pre-order.

To that end.... this journey has come to an end.
Rivian R1T R1S R1T & R1S Updated Pricing, Configuration, Specs. Dual Motor Now Available Screenshot_20220301-220512

Last edited:

Sponsored

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
The secret is out, Rivian is going to wait until 60% or more cancel and then they will announce the price increase is only on new orders...

LOL! Watch that happen...
And watch all the impulsive cancellations get caught with their pants down who now have no chance of recovering their place in line? That would be cynically hilarious ?

Still, I do wish people would hold off from cancelling till the dust settles and see what the actual final outcome of this is.

ohthe1

First Name
Orlando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
N/A
Canceled my order. If you disagree, cancel your order. Once they realize all the orders going down the drain, watch the prices readjust.

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Software
Can someone explain what going to dual motor vs. quad motor really does for a 90 percent pavement cruiser (albeit all 4 season weather)?

Sponsored

Tall_Rider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Suburban, Porsche 911
I had doubts the R1S is going to fulfill my needs, but this is the final straw. No way I'm paying 20% more. I can't believe they didn't extend the courtesy of even a modest discount to reservation holders. This is just another grifter tech bro company where the insiders manipulated the narrative to make big money from the IPO.

Trace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
highlander hybrid
This really rubs me the wrong way. When your ability to get the original pricing depends on: where you live, the paint you chose, your interior color, but not your order date, that isn't right. At the very least, they should honor original pricing for ALL LE orders, or raise the price for everyone. It is absolute horseshit to handle it this way, completely out of the blue.

This points to an operational fuckup. They meant to raise the price on everyone before they started real customer orders, but didn't quite get the prices raised in time. So they're in this situation. Well, they should do the right thing. But, given their track record, they won't.

I'm not canceling. But I will look for a decent alternative. And if I find one, I still won't cancel until I've driven for 6 days and 999 miles.
Yeah, they've handled this horribly. Most reservation holders were expecting a hike; Rivian could have leveraged that expectation to win loyalty by explaining better, discounting all pre-existing reservation holders... Something.

My biggest issue now isn't affordability, but whether I want to be seen around town driving a $100K car. That sort of ostentation would make me feel gross.

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

Can someone explain what going to dual motor vs. quad motor really does for a 90 percent pavement cruiser (albeit all 4 season weather)?
What it does it move our deliveries into 2024.

Bskeens

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-Pace
Occupation
Retired
We had an agreementā€¦ we had an agreement! Since July 2019.

22% increase? 50% on some accessories! Really?

ā€œDonā€™t piss on me and tell me itā€™s rainingā€

You mislead us on delivery over the past year. You kept us ā€œinvolvedā€, teasing us along the way. You even got us to invest. RJ your halo is slipping.

We should of had these cars delivered last year before the majority of these increases The inflation kicked in while you were screwing around.

We HAD an agreementā€¦. We had an agreement.