Sponsored

R1T Orders: Jan '23 - Feb '23 -- Status

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
My guide told me RB currently not in the build batch, guess not as popular? Hence the further wait for any RB orders.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
My guide told me RB currently not in the build batch, guess not as popular? Hence the further wait for any RB orders.
I have the same configuration as you. My guide said color has no impact right now. He’s expecting a VIN lock any day now. He said the biggest slow down is the number of configuration lock emails they sent in early Nov. in order to properly gauge production through end of year. (We’re a Dec-Jan window, and locked our configuration 3 weeks ago)

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I
Everything you said - me too! And a bit more. I texted the guide & got a few questions answered: Can I get shop access? No. Do you think my truck will be delivered before EOY? No.
i had a call with my guide today and he will try to get me shop access. he even looked inn the shop and told me what was currently available.

Sponsored

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
I got the lock your config email yesterday but didn't see it until today (Been busy at work). I went ahead and locked it in. After watching the Monroe video about the powered tonneau cover. I think I'll be happy with the manual.

The only thing I changed before locking the configuration was removing the floor mats, as I think after market is coming up with more compelling options (The Husky's look nice). I got the guide reach out via email but I think it's automated.

Now are you guys just reaching out to the guides because you want to? or are we supposed to at some point. The email didn't seem to indicate that it was required.

Bummer about shop accesses being locked if you confirm your config. If I knew that I may have tried that option, but I doubt there is a RC with OC available anyway :p .

In any case I've officially been contacted now!!!

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Sent guide an email locking my configuration and immediately received an email to start the 8 steps. Is that normal? Seems very quick. How long will it take from here?

TXR1SMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 G63 AMG, 2020 X3M Competition
Occupation
Physician
Sent guide an email locking my configuration and immediately received an email to start the 8 steps. Is that normal? Seems very quick. How long will it take from here?

Is there a VIN in your account when you go to vehicle overview?

TXR1SMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 G63 AMG, 2020 X3M Competition
Occupation
Physician

Sponsored

OP
OP

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
Pretty nice chat with my guide. He doesn't expect my 8 steps to open before January, but he said he doesn't really have much insight until they plan on building it. I asked if I could have shop access and he said it's mostly for people with earlier pre-orders, but he'll request it anyway. Hopefully it's a case of underpromising and overdelivering, but it is what it is. Very friendly interaction overall. I thought it was funny that we ended the chat by setting up the vehicle unlock security code. Hopefully I'll remember it...

ddwk

First Name
DD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette, Terrain, Tesla
Occupation
self-employed
I was Jan/Feb '23 window for delivery, but I confirmed configuration (with no changes) on 11/30 after getting the email to do so ... and my window changed to processing immediately after confirming. Interested to see if I still have Jan/Feb or if I get pushed further back.

ShrinkDoc

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, VW Alltrack
Occupation
Psychiatrist
My 8 steps just opened up this morning, VIN 154xx.
Just got email to lock configuration and was assigned a guide. So, hopefully I'm not too far behind you. Although, sounds like there is a lot of variability in the length of time between this and 8 steps.

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Let’s hope they aren’t rushing deliveries at the cost of QC. I’m in the same boat as you guys.

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
I wound up removing the all weather mats before locking the config since i like the Husky’s better. So mine went to processing estimate before i locked anyway.

I’m any case mine now also says processing estimate and it makes me a little sad.
Sponsored