First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜19 4Runner Limited, toytec lift & power brakes
Occupation
Consult/Project Manager
For those of us looking at Jan Feb, how many are getting contacted? I've not heard a peep, and a few other threads seems to be showing that a few are already long contacted. Maybe even a poll (That we can update after the fact)
Same boat. No contact yet.
Sponsored

dp351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ariel Atom, R1T
Clubs

Somewhere here on the forums. Someone's guide said they could take delivery now or wait until march 2023 for xpel. I added the Xpel, but shortly after removed it as I'd rather have it done locally (with some accountability).
Interesting point. Makes sense. Has there been any trucks with factory installed Xpel yet?

I have Xpel on my config, but Iā€™d really rather have full stealth with black. Might make that change, as much as I hate to touch itā€¦

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Interesting point. Makes sense. Has there been any trucks with factory installed Xpel yet?

I have Xpel on my config, but Iā€™d really rather have full stealth with black. Might make that change, as much as I hate to touch itā€¦
I wouldn't touch it. I had Xpel on my config and re-config'd before the dates came out. I have a lingering feeling that has pushed me back. Just wait and tell your guide you don't want it when it comes to that. I wouldn't touch it personally.

responsivemilk

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, Tesla Y, Subaru STi
Somewhere here on the forums. Someone's guide said they could take delivery now or wait until march 2023 for xpel. I added the Xpel, but shortly after removed it as I'd rather have it done locally (with some accountability).
Thats interesting. I asked the live chat support if they were still offering the local install and they said no. I asked if they had started installing them at the factory and their response was "Yes they have!"

ShrinkDoc

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, VW Alltrack
Occupation
Psychiatrist
I'm Feb - March and I got assigned a guide 2 weeks ago. I think it's entirely dependent on your config & location. I think they're trying to batch as much as they can, so same interiors to the same region of the country or something liek that. Because otherwise it makes very little sense.
Iā€™m Feb-Mar ā€˜23 as well with a pretty standard config and live about 5 miles from the Boston SC. No contact yet. Not totally surprised, but hearing others with the same window getting guides is making me really impatient (not like I wasnā€™t already).

Sponsored

dp351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ariel Atom, R1T
Clubs

I wouldn't touch it. I had Xpel on my config and re-config'd before the dates came out. I have a lingering feeling that has pushed me back. Just wait and tell your guide you don't want it when it comes to that. I wouldn't touch it personally.
I touched it. Seeing others with similar order dates getting Jan-Feb estimates and guides assigned made me do it. My Feb-March est delivery date on the website didnā€™t change, so far.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I touched it. Seeing others with similar order dates getting Jan-Feb estimates and guides assigned made me do it. My Feb-March est delivery date on the website didnā€™t change, so far.
Rivian R1T R1S R1T Orders: Jan '23 - Feb '23 -- Status 1669245682512

Petey88

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Jeep Cherokee,1962 VW Bug,1970 Dodge Charger
Occupation
Govt
My delivery window is Dec 22 - Jan 23 and haven't received a guide yet. Seems like a scattered delivery system. The forum for my delivery window still has some that haven't reached a guide either not just me.

fergie

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
05 4Runner, 22 Kia EV6
I'm a 7/21 preorder Blue R1T on 20AT. Was originally Max pack but switched to large and got a Jan-Feb 23 time frame. No get ready contacts yet. I figure a lot is depending on the local SC (Franklin, TN) getting open (supposedly any day now).

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I just received email to lock my configuration. Does anyone know what the timeline is after I do this? Also, Iā€™m debating changing the color from white to red or blue but donā€™t want to change the timeline. Should I just lock and then see if I can get into the shop or talk to the guide?

Thanks

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I don't think changing color will impact your delivery date... but contact your Guide before making any changes just in case. IIRC, guides have the ability to make minor config changes that will not adversely impact your delivery date even after you have "locked in" your config.

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
Ask for shop access before you lock your configuration,..getting shop access after you "soft-lock" is not easy to get. If you want to change color, I would ask the Guide asap, Rivian is making trucks in batches now and soft locking configs a ways ahead it seems.

I was asked to configure 22 days ago and no 8 steps or Vin. So I don't think you need to rush to confirm your configuration before taking with your guide.

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Spoke with guide. Told me hold off locking until he can see if I can get access to the shop.

If I change colors he wonā€™t be able to give an estimate until the next time Rivian refreshes their update windows.

OP
OP

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
Just got the email to lock configuration!! This is pretty much the configuration I've always wanted, so I went ahead and soft locked it. After this long, 6-8 more weeks for my exact config feels worth it, but I'll wait for my guide to reach out. So stoked!

dp351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ariel Atom, R1T
Clubs

Just got the email to lock configuration!! This is pretty much the configuration I've always wanted, so I went ahead and soft locked it. After this long, 6-8 more weeks for my exact config feels worth it, but I'll wait for my guide to reach out. So stoked!
Everything you said - me too! And a bit more. I texted the guide & got a few questions answered: Can I get shop access? No. Do you think my truck will be delivered before EOY? No.
Sponsored