Sponsored

R1T Orders: Jan '23 - Feb '23 -- Status

steelwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Clubs

What was the reason she recommended against factory pickup?
She said that it can be difficult to arrange for and if you can’t get to the factory within a certain window they unassign you from the truck and you have to start the process over again. She had it happen to one of her other people.
if you’re able to travel fairly spontaneously I don’t think it should be a problem. Unfortunately, she wasn’t able to give me much of a timeline to requests days off work to try to make this happen.
Sponsored

ShrinkDoc

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, VW Alltrack
Occupation
Psychiatrist
I placed my reservation on 1/5/22, so October was my first update on a delivery timeframe, which was Jan 23 - Feb 23. When the estimates were delivered, I did have the powered tonneau cover and Rivian Blue / Forest Edge combo which is no longer available.

I chatted with CS, and they told me that updating my config to a different tonneau and color option should keep my same timeframe, but doing so would show my status as "processing estimate" until a new update was given. So I changed to a manual tonneau, and since I was on the fence of RB or Forest green, easy decision to keep Forest Edge and switch exterior to Forest Green.

This Monday, I got my config is ready to confirm, seamless process, and a guide assigned. I talked to my guide on Wednesday, who is fantastic, and looks like I am less than 8 weeks out from delivery. I asked about shop access, but since I already confirmed my config it was a no-go. When talking to my guide she mentioned there were trucks I can pick from if I wanted to get one sooner (how much sooner, who knows), but all had no tonneau, which I want at least the rails (and manual cover is fine with me) so not an option for me. No 8 steps yet as of writing this, but soon.

Super excited, especially for how little I will have to wait compared to others in line.
Congrats! Great to hear. I'm outside of Boston with essentially the same config (BM instead of FE interior) and ordered a few weeks after you. I was given a Feb 23 - Mar 23 window, but hoping I hear something sooner.

CJ313

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia telluride, ram 1500
Clubs

Received this from my guide,

"Thank you for confirming your configuration with us. We've been allowing our customers to self-lock in their configurations a bit earlier than we used to, in an effort to help our build teams understand what they will need to build next! While I do not know when your preorder will be matched to a VIN, I can say that by confirming your address and configuration, we getting closer to the next steps in your path to ownership.

We will be in touch once we start production on your preorder, so stay tuned."

Im guessing that's way alot of people got configuration confirm emails.

OP
OP

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
So weird update: I changed my wheels to AT Dark + Spare fully expecting “Processing Estimate” on the delivery window banner, but it’s still showing Jan-Feb. Maybe it’ll update later? Not complaining.

Also, I noticed for the past several months, every time I update my configuration (and I’ve done it a lot), I get two emails notifying me that my configuration has been updated instead of one. Anyone else experience this duplication issue?

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
So weird update: I changed my wheels to AT Dark + Spare fully expecting “Processing Estimate” on the delivery window banner, but it’s still showing Jan-Feb. Maybe it’ll update later? Not complaining.

Also, I noticed for the past several months, every time I update my configuration (and I’ve done it a lot), I get two emails notifying me that my configuration has been updated instead of one. Anyone else experience this duplication issue?
On occasion I’ve also had the duplicate email. Don’t think it’s anything to worry about.

Sponsored

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler, Tesla Model 3
1/22 reservation
Long Island NY
R1T El Cap / Black Mountain
Confirmed Config / Guide Assigned 10.31
Estimated delivery by Thanksgiving

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Received this from my guide,

"Thank you for confirming your configuration with us. We've been allowing our customers to self-lock in their configurations a bit earlier than we used to, in an effort to help our build teams understand what they will need to build next! While I do not know when your preorder will be matched to a VIN, I can say that by confirming your address and configuration, we getting closer to the next steps in your path to ownership.

We will be in touch once we start production on your preorder, so stay tuned."

Im guessing that's way alot of people got configuration confirm emails.
Interesting. After getting a guide and my configuration locked email yesterday, I was thinking end of year was very possible. Perhaps my Feb/March window is still in play and they are just doing things a bit different. Anyway, I have a call scheduled with my guide on Monday and will ask. I’m a 1/2022 pre order with white and OC, but I really don’t have a inside/outside color preference, so will communicate that to my guide if it helps.

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Interesting. After getting a guide and my configuration locked email yesterday, I was thinking end of year was very possible. Perhaps my Feb/March window is still in play and they are just doing things a bit different. Anyway, I have a call scheduled with my guide on Monday and will ask. I’m a 1/2022 pre order with white and OC, but I really don’t have a inside/outside color preference, so will communicate that to my guide if it helps.
Looks like we have same configuration, order date, and location. My window is Jan\Feb. Wouldn’t mind taking delivery before years end.

jasazick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback
She said that it can be difficult to arrange for and if you can’t get to the factory within a certain window they unassign you from the truck and you have to start the process over again. She had it happen to one of her other people.
if you’re able to travel fairly spontaneously I don’t think it should be a problem. Unfortunately, she wasn’t able to give me much of a timeline to requests days off work to try to make this happen.
Depending on red lights I can be to the factory in under 15 minutes. :)

Sponsored

HackyMoto

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 (Gray), Toyota Highlander (Gray)
Occupation
Engineer
Red lights are only advisory.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I was an April-June 2023 window but received the ”confirm your configuration” email yesterday out of the blue, which would likely place me in the January window if it’s an 8 week turnaround. Seems like a bunch of people got that email this week. Congrats!

jasazick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback
Mind if I come stay with you for the next 6-8 weeks?
Now there is an airbnb idea. Buy some land near the factory and turn it into a small adventure park. Let people stay and then take their new trucks out for a spin on the land!

steelwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Clubs

Now there is an airbnb idea. Buy some land near the factory and turn it into a small adventure park. Let people stay and then take their new trucks out for a spin on the land!
ha I like it. You may be on to something there. I’d definitely consider it.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

I was an April-June 2023 window but received the ”confirm your configuration” email yesterday out of the blue, which would likely place me in the January window if it’s an 8 week turnaround. Seems like a bunch of people got that email this week. Congrats!
Congrats. If not already you should get a guide as well.
Sponsored