First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
With all you guys getting emails I'm getting a little worried now. Did any of you have the powered tonneau cover still configured when you got an email? For some reason I thought Rivian was going to adjust the configuration, but it doesn't look like that ever happened.

I'm wondering if the fact it's still configured is going to cause problems.
Sponsored

Surfinkal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver R1T
Occupation
Data Engineer
With all you guys getting emails I'm getting a little worried now. Did any of you have the powered tonneau cover still configured when you got an email? For some reason I thought Rivian was going to adjust the configuration, but it doesn't look like that ever happened.

No, I changed my powered tonneau to manual a couple of weeks ago when they announced powered was no longer an option.

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

I got the email/guide Friday and still had Powered configured. I asked my guide over email to change to manual after I asked and they confirmed doing so would speed up delivery.

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
I got the email/guide Friday and still had Powered configured. I asked my guide over email to change to manual after I asked and they confirmed doing so would speed up delivery.
Oh good, maybe I'm more in the Feb camp and you guys are more in the Jan camp.

Sattman69

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜19 4Runner Limited, toytec lift & power brakes
Occupation
Consult/Project Manager
3/20/2022 preorder
Denver SC is a 5 min walk from my house.
No contact yet but anxiously awaitingā€¦

First ever delivery estimate was October update: Jan.-Feb. ā€˜23. Sort of surprised but had a hint that may be the case based on a few 8/2021 & 9/021 preorders I saw delivering this July.

Only changed wheels from base 20ā€™s to 22ā€ darks AND tonneau cover.
Was originally manual then switched to power when it seemed manual would never be produced. And then back to manual in Sept.
Congrats to those in the queue.

Sponsored

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
Finally got an email from Rivian. But all it was, was that the un-configured my powered tonneau cover

Argh

Petey88

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Jeep Cherokee,1962 VW Bug,1970 Dodge Charger
Occupation
Govt
Crazy to see ppl getting emails already. I'm in the Dec 22 to Jan 23 delivery window and haven't gotten any email.

R1Tmcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

Still waiting for an update after getting the jan/feb delivery estimate posted in October. I've seen at least two other R1Ts now in the PDX area, so hoping to be the 3rd person here with one soon :cool:

Order Date 12/10/21
(Cancelled after price hike, reinstated after fix)
R1T Adventure, Forest Green, Forest Edge Interior, 21" Road Wheels
+Spare, Manual Tonneau, Cargo Bars, Wall Charger
Estimated Delivery: January-February 2023
Confirmed Config: TBD :(

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
For those of us looking at Jan Feb, how many are getting contacted? I've not heard a peep, and a few other threads seems to be showing that a few are already long contacted. Maybe even a poll (That we can update after the fact)

technerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Bronco, 2022 R1T, 2021 Model 3
Clubs

I'm Feb - March and I got assigned a guide 2 weeks ago. I think it's entirely dependent on your config & location. I think they're trying to batch as much as they can, so same interiors to the same region of the country or something liek that. Because otherwise it makes very little sense.

Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson

I'm in the same boat. Manual tonneau always config'd. No e-mail yet.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I was an April-June 2023 window but received the ā€confirm your configurationā€ email yesterday out of the blue, which would likely place me in the January window if itā€™s an 8 week turnaround. Seems like a bunch of people got that email this week. Congrats!
If you want factory Xpel it will likely push that date back :(, I've been hearing March 23 for Xpel.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
If you want factory Xpel it will likely push that date back :(, I've been hearing March 23 for Xpel.
I had my first call with my guide last week and as we went through my configuration he didnā€™t say that about anything I had included. But if thatā€™s the case Iā€™ll still be fine with it. March would still be early.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Where did you hear that?
Somewhere here on the forums. Someone's guide said they could take delivery now or wait until march 2023 for xpel. I added the Xpel, but shortly after removed it as I'd rather have it done locally (with some accountability).
Sponsored