Sponsored

R1T Orders: Jan '23 - Feb '23 -- Status

alisdair1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
@alisdair1941, Can I ask when you placed your R1T order? I have a Jan/Feb delivery window and have heard nothing from Rivian as of today. My order was place Feb 13 2019. I'm also in Vancouver. Thanks.
April 2019 (I should really put my specs in my sig - seems to be a common question šŸ˜…). El Cap / 21s / Black+Ash interior / Adventure. Pretty much a bog-standard config. What's your config?

Might also help that I live a 10 minute drive away from the SC.
Sponsored

BrentP

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf R
April 2019 (I should really put my specs in my sig - seems to be a common question šŸ˜…). El Cap / 21s / Black+Ash interior / Adventure. Pretty much a bog-standard config. What's your config?

Might also help that I live a 10 minute drive away from the SC.
My configuration is El Cap with Ocean Coast on 20" A/T. I'm also pretty close to the SC. I will contact Rivian tomorrow to see what they say. Thanks.

SourGrapes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner; R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Congrats everyone for your belated/early presents! My truck (VIN 184xx) has been ā€œpreparing for deliveryā€/ā€œschedule delivery s00nā€ since Iā€™ve selected it from the gear shop on 1/19. Of course I raced through the first 7 steps because my guide was on vacation and I mistakenly thought I needed to get them out of the way ASAP. I should have educated myself by reading this forum prior to shotgunning all of the steps.

Guide on Friday said it is still at the factory awaiting shipment, and Iā€™m looking at 5-6 weeks (or sooner) to the Bay Area. He suggested to check with him every couple of days for status. Reading between the lines, it seems the truck wasnā€™t completed yet, or is undergoing repairs or awaiting parts while at the factory. Not sure why else it would be waiting for shipment at the factory for over a week. I do think there are a number of things Rivian could do to help manage expectations to better prepare for insurance and payment (eg simple status on the webpage like: ā€œawaiting shipmentā€, ā€œshippedā€, ā€œunder final inspectionā€).

Does anyone know how guides poll status of the vehicles? Is it a GPS lookup or something like a paper trail?

Hayden123982

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Honda CRV
YES!
We also got a charger - it's really feeling real now...
(I thought we had also ordered cross bars too but they got wiped along with our spare. Guess I'll have to add them back through the store.)
I heard from my guide today (after reaching out to him) that my truck is currently in transit and weā€™re probably looking at closer to 2-3 weeks before I take delivery

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

I heard from my guide today (after reaching out to him) that my truck is currently in transit and weā€™re probably looking at closer to 2-3 weeks before I take delivery
Iā€™m glad your guide is more forthcoming with info! All I hear is ā€˜wait til it gets to the SCā€™ā€¦ New guide responded to my latest email.
Best case is mine gets dumped off the train a few days ahead of yours.
s-Oā€”-O-n has never taken so longā€¦

Sponsored

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Congrats everyone for your belated/early presents! My truck (VIN 184xx) has been ā€œpreparing for deliveryā€/ā€œschedule delivery s00nā€ since Iā€™ve selected it from the gear shop on 1/19. Of course I raced through the first 7 steps because my guide was on vacation and I mistakenly thought I needed to get them out of the way ASAP. I should have educated myself by reading this forum prior to shotgunning all of the steps.

Guide on Friday said it is still at the factory awaiting shipment, and Iā€™m looking at 5-6 weeks (or sooner) to the Bay Area. He suggested to check with him every couple of days for status. Reading between the lines, it seems the truck wasnā€™t completed yet, or is undergoing repairs or awaiting parts while at the factory. Not sure why else it would be waiting for shipment at the factory for over a week. I do think there are a number of things Rivian could do to help manage expectations to better prepare for insurance and payment (eg simple status on the webpage like: ā€œawaiting shipmentā€, ā€œshippedā€, ā€œunder final inspectionā€).

Does anyone know how guides poll status of the vehicles? Is it a GPS lookup or something like a paper trail?
Pretty sure we have the same guide. Mine was also on vacation. I did get a call From a backup guide who told me no need to do the steps, so Iā€˜m still at insurance. My truck has had the same status too since 1/20 so Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s not repairs or other issue but just waiting to get loaded on a train. Maybe some backlog or something. Killing me though. I got my charger a few days after Vin lock and getting it installed next week. Probably going to make the wait even harder looking at a fresh unused charger for weeksā€¦

R1Tmcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

Sounds like we may have the same guide (if you meant Kellee!) Had a good intro call with her today. Says my build is on the train now making it's way to the PDX service center, and then to go through a few days in QA.

So by my count we have 3 PDX deliveries coming at different steps; one at the factory still, one boarding the train, and one already on the train. I'll be interested to see which actually gets delivered first though!:CWL:
Updated today, Guide notified that my R1T is now at the SC and in the queue for QC checks. How are others in the "Race to Portland" coming along with their orders?

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

Updated today, Guide notified that my R1T is now at the SC and in the queue for QC checks. How are others in the "Race to Portland" coming along with their orders?
I have not received any update but I can only hope our trucks shared a train!
Thanks!

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

My eighth step opened yesterday, completed all the steps and am now waiting for delivery on Friday! Itā€™s been a whirlwind for sure. Itā€™s finally really happening!

R1Tmcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

My eighth step opened yesterday, completed all the steps and am now waiting for delivery on Friday! Itā€™s been a whirlwind for sure. Itā€™s finally really happening!
YES! Congrats!!!!! Post pictures when you take delivery!

Sponsored

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Ugh, 2 weeks now and my R1T is still "moving through final quality checks" at the factory. Seems like a crazy amount of time to be sitting at the factory getting checked. My assumption is this status message means nothing or there is something seriously wrong that requires fixes. While I realize the past 2 weeks is an overall small percent of my total wait time, being this close and stuck is tough.

EDIT: Well looks like the status is indeed meaningless. My guide updated me that it's on the train making it's way to the west coast. When it got on the train and how close it is is anyone's guess. But seems like getting behind the wheel by February is possible!

Last edited:

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

Delivery has been moved up an hour! 90 minutesā€¦. but Iā€™m not really paying much attention. šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜

SourGrapes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner; R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Ugh, 2 weeks now and my R1T is still "moving through final quality checks" at the factory. Seems like a crazy amount of time to be sitting at the factory getting checked. My assumption is this status message means nothing or there is something seriously wrong that requires fixes. While I realize the past 2 weeks is an overall small percent of my total wait time, being this close and stuck is tough.

EDIT: Well looks like the status is indeed meaningless. My guide updated me that it's on the train making it's way to the west coast. When it got on the train and how close it is is anyone's guess. But seems like getting behind the wheel by February is possible!
Whelp, sounds like I should contact my guide as well. As of yesterday it was still at the factory (since selection on 1/19).

R1Tmcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

Delivery has been moved up an hour! 90 minutesā€¦. but Iā€™m not really paying much attention. šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜
Would love to hear your opinions on how the QC of the PDX SC was once you've taken delivery! I can only imagine you're out driving it around right now lol. Congrats again!
Sponsored