Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

Weird, my guide told me my vehicle recently started production with a PN 181xx VIN, no 8 steps..
That seems surprising since I could swear there have already been deliveries in the 18k range?

I did just hear from our guide that the T is still in Normal, prepping for shipment.
šŸ¤·

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Keep in mind folks, if you're in one of the states where Rivian (through a 3rd party) will be registering/securing your plates... your insurance card should have an expiration date at least 90 days out from your scheduled delivery day. If you're in a Rivian self-registration state, the expiration date isn't important.

Last edited:

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Keep in mind folks, if you're in one of the states where Rivian (through a 3rd party) will be registering/securing your plates... your insurance card should have an expiration date at least 9- days out from your scheduled delivery day. If you're in a Rivian self-registration state, the expiration date isn't important.
How would you know which states are one way or the other? Does Rivian let us know during the 8 steps?

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
How would you know which states are one way or the other? Does Rivian let us know during the 8 steps?
They should let you know, but they don't... I got an email from them after delivery Fri regarding which states were self-registration only.
Here's the email:

Now that youā€™ve taken delivery of your R1T, we want to follow up about your title and registration. Depending on the state where you register your Rivian vehicle, we will either take care of your title and registration for you or there may be additional steps you need to take in order to self-register your R1T.

If you are registering your vehicle in the following states, Rivian will send you a registration packet within 10 days of delivery. See below for a list of states which require you to fully or partially self-register your Rivian vehicle.

Arkansas, Colorado, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Utah

You can also view detailed state-by-state information on the title & registration process here:
https://rivian.com/support/article/...-d397-472d-ab8b-2efef1503055&utm_medium=email

Last edited:

Sponsored

FrictionlessLube

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 WRX, ā€˜20 Forester
Clubs

I just got a guide assigned and the Time to confirm your configuration email! LFG

Last edited:

Hayden123982

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Honda CRV
That seems surprising since I could swear there have already been deliveries in the 18k range?

I did just hear from our guide that the T is still in Normal, prepping for shipment.
šŸ¤·
Nice, hoping my truck is on the train with yours.

I got my wall charger delivered yesterday. Crossbars too... now just need the truck

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

Nice, hoping my truck is on the train with yours.

I got my wall charger delivered yesterday. Crossbars too... now just need the truck
YES!
We also got a charger - it's really feeling real now...
(I thought we had also ordered cross bars too but they got wiped along with our spare. Guess I'll have to add them back through the store.)

Hayden123982

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Honda CRV
YES!
We also got a charger - it's really feeling real now...
(I thought we had also ordered cross bars too but they got wiped along with our spare. Guess I'll have to add them back through the store.)
The pre march pricing is on the gear shop now for the crossbars. Not sure about the spare though? That might be something to be added by Rivian/guide

My purchase right now doesnā€™t have the manual tonneau on it but my guide told me that it would be separate and ā€œRivian would take care of that on the back endā€

Rivdog

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Mine got delivered today, 32 days after getting a VIN on 12-27-2022. It shipped 3 days after VIN and took about 21 days to get to Portland, Oregon. Took 4-5 days to get through QC and then I just got an email to schedule delivery - no phone call. Delivery was super easy and smooth.

Many of us may have trucks that were built right before the end of the year and therefore are a bit concerned with QC. Iā€™m happy to say that mine have no glaring QC issues that Iā€™m aware of, but my front driver side door is unusually hard to close. I heard thatā€™s a thing with Rivians so I donā€™t think itā€™s a QC issue. The panel gaps arenā€™t perfect, but theyā€™re pretty good and you really have to be looking for it to notice. Fit and finish for everything else was spot on. Hopefully this is the case for everyone elseā€™s trucks too.

Take my initial impressions with a grain of salt because Iā€™m ridiculously happy to finally get the truck after not pre-ordering sooner because I wanted the Lightning, but then Ford allowed dealerships to totally screw reservation holders with massive ADM in take it or leave it scenarios, so my Rivian preorder didnā€™t happen until I canceled my Lightning reservation. My judgment may be clouded with happiness because this truck has probably actually exceeded my sky-high expectations. PAAK is flawless, it drives incredible, and the sound system is remarkably good. I know Iā€™ll find a bunch of annoying bugs over time but Iā€™m just gonna focus on the positives. People can pick apart a Rolls Royce too if they wanna be unhappy. Today, Iā€™m choosing to be happy. The little kid in me who always wanted a supercar just had his dream come true.
Rivian R1T R1S R1T Orders: Jan '23 - Feb '23 -- Status B505EFDA-A85F-42E3-A8F3-927B1A958AE7

Sponsored

alisdair1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Can a Canadian join the party?

I got my 'time to confirm', 'guide assigned' and '8-steps' emails all in the span of two hours this past Wednesday. By the end of the day I had all but the last step completed, and now it looks like I'll be getting my R1T mid/late-February! The very definition of "nothing then suddenly" - what a wild ride!

There have been a few Rivians delivered here already, but I'm still considering mine to be one of the first in Canada!

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

Mine got delivered today, 32 days after getting a VIN on 12-27-2022. It shipped 3 days after VIN and took about 21 days to get to Portland, Oregon. Took 4-5 days to get through QC and then I just got an email to schedule delivery - no phone call. Delivery was super easy and smooth.

Many of us may have trucks that were built right before the end of the year and therefore are a bit concerned with QC. Iā€™m happy to say that mine have no glaring QC issues that Iā€™m aware of, but my front driver side door is unusually hard to close. I heard thatā€™s a thing with Rivians so I donā€™t think itā€™s a QC issue. The panel gaps arenā€™t perfect, but theyā€™re pretty good and you really have to be looking for it to notice. Fit and finish for everything else was spot on. Hopefully this is the case for everyone elseā€™s trucks too.

Take my initial impressions with a grain of salt because Iā€™m ridiculously happy to finally get the truck after not pre-ordering sooner because I wanted the Lightning, but then Ford allowed dealerships to totally screw reservation holders with massive ADM in take it or leave it scenarios, so my Rivian preorder didnā€™t happen until I canceled my Lightning reservation. My judgment may be clouded with happiness because this truck has probably actually exceeded my sky-high expectations. PAAK is flawless, it drives incredible, and the sound system is remarkably good. I know Iā€™ll find a bunch of annoying bugs over time but Iā€™m just gonna focus on the positives. People can pick apart a Rolls Royce too if they wanna be unhappy. Today, Iā€™m choosing to be happy. The little kid in me who always wanted a supercar just had his dream come true.
B505EFDA-A85F-42E3-A8F3-927B1A958AE7.jpeg
Itā€™s a beauty! I hope Iā€™m nextā€¦ā€¦Iā€™m in Oregon and got my vin and did 6 of 8 steps on 12/28 and still havenā€™t heard a word. My guide Alicia just keeps saying soon.

Rivdog

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Congrats @Rivdog !!!
My story sounds a lot like yours and my truck, delivered today, is put together well and performs fantastic!
PXL_20230129_002918506.jpg
Man, I love those 20inch ATs on it. What a picture and setup!

BrentP

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf R
Can a Canadian join the party?

I got my 'time to confirm', 'guide assigned' and '8-steps' emails all in the span of two hours this past Wednesday. By the end of the day I had all but the last step completed, and now it looks like I'll be getting my R1T mid/late-February! The very definition of "nothing then suddenly" - what a wild ride!

There have been a few Rivians delivered here already, but I'm still considering mine to be one of the first in Canada!
@alisdair1941, Can I ask when you placed your R1T order? I have a Jan/Feb delivery window and have heard nothing from Rivian as of today. My order was place Feb 13 2019. I'm also in Vancouver. Thanks.
Sponsored