Sponsored

R1T Orders: Dec '22 - Jan '23 -- Status Room

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Ask your guide to look at the daily available VIN list. This is what our guide did to find us a match. I guess some guides are more proactive with this stuff.
Did ask, was told no RB being made / batched as it’s not a popular color.. was also told this in early December and mid December. Oddly enough seems like plenty RB being delivered. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Did ask, was told no RB being made / batched as it’s not a popular color.. was also told this in early December and mid December. Oddly enough seems like plenty RB being delivered. 🤷‍♂️
That’s a total lie. I just picked up my RB (made on 12/1) at the factory on 12/21 and I toured the factory and saw RB on the line with my own eyes. We were also told during the tour they are no longer batching colors, just some of the interiors. Their paint system can paint any color. We literally saw every single color on the line, both R1T and R1S.

BTW hold out for the blue. It’s awesome, but I may be biased.

ansky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS / T120 Black Scrambler
I just picked up my RB (made on 12/1) at the factory on 12/21
Apologies if you wrote this up somewhere else and I missed it, but how was your december build, QC wise? Any issues to report?

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Apologies if you wrote this up somewhere else and I missed it, but how was your december build, QC wise? Any issues to report?
No major issues. We had to drive it 800 miles from Illinois back to Virginia so we had a good amount of time to test things out. We have one minor paint item that we identified at the time of delivery and we had a fastener under the vehicle sheer off after we got home. We have a service appointment next month to look at both items. The fastener appears to be an issue with the part, not the build and Rivian is aware.

We haven't had any issues with drive modes, handling, wind noise, alignment. Phone as a key works flawlessly. (We use iPhones) Interior quality is excellent. We are also getting the manual tonneau, so it was delivered with the built in rails, just no cover.

ansky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No major issues.

Thanks for the detailed write up! I’ve been curious how the Dec/Jan deliveries have been coming out as everyone seems a little trepidatious about panels, fitment, paint etc in the year end push so it’s good to hear some real world reports. Thanks again!

Sponsored

RivLiam

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

(Caveat - My initial deposit was 8/2021 - I downgraded to Large after the recent delay in August)

First 6 steps opened on Dec 9th.
Step 8 opened/finished 16th.
Picked up 21st.
VIN # 15xxx

Hopefully the wait times between paperwork and keys are getting shorter as they work out the kinks!!!

tg_cid

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3
Occupation
Blademaster
8 steps opened 12/19, they were trying to make it to Richmond by 12/31 but with the blizzard we got delayed, apparently.

Anyway, picked up yesterday! No obvious issues, passed the checklist without issues. Only thing was it took a try or two to get the PAAK set up, but otherwise all clear.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Orders: Dec '22 - Jan '23 -- Status Room 2CED54C8-F675-49F2-BF20-5440E3419398

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Orders: Dec '22 - Jan '23 -- Status Room 307BA540-31D9-4E4B-8432-4451BD9929F0

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I just got invited into the R1 shop this morning for Denver. There are currently 51 R1T in the shop, lots of great configurations and every single color including a launch green launch edition (with a powered tonneau no less!!!). It's taking everything in my power not to pull the trigger on one...there are a few that are close but not exact to what I want/need.

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
I just got invited into the R1 shop this morning for Denver. There are currently 51 R1T in the shop, lots of great configurations and every single color including a launch green launch edition (with a powered tonneau no less!!!). It's taking everything in my power not to pull the trigger on one...there are a few that are close but not exact to what I want/need.
Damn....A) I wish I had that many in the shop in Dec! (but I love my baby so I hope she doesn't read this forum). and B) I would not be able to wait. :) There were two in my color, but one not the seats I wanted, and the other not the wheels I wanted. I went back and back for an hour and then locked in. Good luck holding off :)

None of the about 15 in the R1 Shop when I had access had a powered cover...I would have found it hard to resist...impossible to resist if they had one in Limestone and AT 20's.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Damn....A) I wish I had that many in the shop in Dec! (but I love my baby so I hope she doesn't read this forum). and B) I would not be able to wait. :) There were two in my color, but one not the seats I wanted, and the other not the wheels I wanted. I went back and back for an hour and then locked in. Good luck holding off :)

None of the about 15 in the R1 Shop when I had access had a powered cover...I would have found it hard to resist...impossible to resist if they had one in Limestone and AT 20's.
I'm married to the 22" rims as I already have a set of Michelin X-Ice winter tires sitting here ready to go. My exact configuration is available just in black mountain instead of forest edge...but I REALLY like either Forest Edge or Ocean Coast...arghhhhhhhhh

Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Per my guide, another confirmation that for the foreseeable future (until the 2022 built models are sold out) R1 shop are likely the December built 2022 models that were not delivered. Think there’s about 4k of them. My guide offered to request shop access for me, but let me know they will not be 2023 VINs.

ShrinkDoc

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, VW Alltrack
Occupation
Psychiatrist
This is making me think I should reach out to my guide to request shop access. It's been over a month since I confirmed my R1T configuration and nothing since. I had a Feb-Mar '23 delivery window so I figure I'm still a month or two away, but I'd be tempted to jump on something sooner. I'm flexible with color choice and would love to trade my Tesla ASAP with values plummeting. Not sure if the R1T shop here in Boston would be as overflowing with options though.

FrictionlessLube

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 WRX, ‘20 Forester
Clubs

Congrats on shop access atleast! As a Jan-Feb estimate and fellow Denver resident all I can say is….
Rivian R1T R1S R1T Orders: Dec '22 - Jan '23 -- Status Room pdvuwinxq3a31

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
This is making me think I should reach out to my guide to request shop access. It's been over a month since I confirmed my R1T configuration and nothing since. I had a Feb-Mar '23 delivery window so I figure I'm still a month or two away, but I'd be tempted to jump on something sooner. I'm flexible with color choice and would love to trade my Tesla ASAP with values plummeting. Not sure if the R1T shop here in Boston would be as overflowing with options though.
I'm in the same boat on the Tesla unfortunately, I think we missed the window on the values plummeting already...

That said, it couldn't hurt to ask. I was originally told NO to shop access a few months back but now have been told YES so who knows.

ansky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Completed 7 steps around Xmas and inquired about factory pickup, hoping to get in under the New Year but was told the vehicle was in final prep for its journey to the SC.

Checked in today after 2 weeks and was told the vehicle was in final prep to begin its journey to the SC...

sigh
Sponsored