Sponsored

R1T Orders: Dec '22 - Jan '23 -- Status Room

ImAI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, R1T
How to see and to lock up a VIN in the R1 Shop? I was just granted the R1 Shop access yesterday and was able to see a few R1T with their perspective options, but none of the truck associated with a VIN? Do I need to click "Confirm new configuration" before one can be locking in?
Yes, you will get the VIN only after you click on "Confirm new configuration". Then, during the step 4 (insurance) you will see the VIN as well as if you click "more info" about the truck.

Note, make sure you know exactly what you are getting into. I wanted to pickup a truck from Normal and was approved to do it in the beginning of December, but now wish i didnt do the factory pickup but it is too late. Also, the $1800 destination fee is charged regardless if you pick it up from the factory or have it delivered. Kinda kicking myself for not thinking this through.

Taiga

First Name
Taiga
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, e-Golf
Occupation
Self employed
Same! As a 9/1/21 reservation holder it is now starting to annoy.
Same here! I'm also 9/21. Not a word from Rivian and no shop access. I don't want to bother CS but where else is the anxiety supposed to go?

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

I donā€™t understand how they select for factory pickup. I asked a couple times and got a big no. At first I was a little bent that I couldnā€™t go, but over time I decided it wasnā€™t worth the extra expensive. I received my vin and 8 steps yesterday, and was informed it was still in Normalā€¦..I didnā€™t even bring it up again.

ImAI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, R1T
Same here! I'm also 9/21. Not a word from Rivian and no shop access. I don't want to bother CS but where else is the anxiety supposed to go?
Something is wrong here. You are near a Service Center (South SanFran) and should have had a Guide assigned at least 3 months ago. Either you have a weird configuration (cant tell because no signature), or they misplaced your order.

Sponsored

Taiga

First Name
Taiga
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, e-Golf
Occupation
Self employed
Something is wrong here. You are near a Service Center (South SanFran) and should have had a Guide assigned at least 3 months ago. Either you have a weird configuration (cant tell because no signature), or they misplaced your order.
The configuration is Forest Green with OC, 21's, no shield, manual tonneau, front ppf.
I chatted with CS about a week ago and they said my account looks fine. I asked about why they never granted me shop access and they just said that I might as well wait for my exact config since my window is coming up soon. Maybe I'll call them tomorrow. Any other thoughts?

ImAI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, R1T
The configuration is Forest Green with OC, 21's, no shield, manual tonneau, front ppf.
I chatted with CS about a week ago and they said my account looks fine. I asked about why they never granted me shop access and they just said that I might as well wait for my exact config since my window is coming up soon. Maybe I'll call them tomorrow. Any other thoughts?
I would try to insist on CS explaining why others from the same geo-radius or even further out have gotten a Guide but ordered months after you did and if they try to dismiss that question to ask for an escalation to someone higher.

I saw plenty of trucks in the Shop for the past week or so with your config. Now i lost access to the shop since i picked one, but i bet you they are still there.

My order timeline is in the signature but i was given a April-June 2023 time-frame when they first announced it in October. There are many folks in my window who were assigned a Guide and we had nothing special going. BTW, you need a Guide to have access to the shop and some folks get it at the same time as when the Guide is assigned or they ask him/her and then get it.
How does your detailed order look like using the graphql lookup? Maybe you have something weird like Cancelled status showing?

Taiga

First Name
Taiga
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, e-Golf
Occupation
Self employed
I would try to insist on CS explaining why others from the same geo-radius or even further out have gotten a Guide but ordered months after you did and if they try to dismiss that question to ask for an escalation to someone higher.

I saw plenty of trucks in the Shop for the past week or so with your config. Now i lost access to the shop since i picked one, but i bet you they are still there.

My order timeline is in the signature but i was given a April-June 2023 time-frame when they first announced it in October. There are many folks in my window who were assigned a Guide and we had nothing special going. BTW, you need a Guide to have access to the shop and some folks get it at the same time as when the Guide is assigned or they ask him/her and then get it.
How does your detailed order look like using the graphql lookup? Maybe you have something weird like Cancelled status showing?
Thanks for the encouragement. I'll get more aggressive with my questioning. Not sure what the graphql is but everything I can see in the configurator is looking normal.

ImAI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, R1T
Thanks for the encouragement. I'll get more aggressive with my questioning. Not sure what the graphql is but everything I can see in the configurator is looking normal.
In a nutshell--there is a bit more info that is not displayed to you when you visit your Rivian account page using your preferred browser, but you can peek at some hidden fields if you follow these directions:

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...ery-people-contacted.3656/page-83#post-137091

The are helpful when interacting with CS because you can really know if order on their end is in a state that it should be, or is it maybe in a different state--there are many variable states that it can be in. Also, when you figure out your order # and compare it to mine (ask me in a direct-message), you will problably see that mine was later than yours and you could maybe use that information in talking to CS to get up from sitting on their arses and start pushing some buttons.

Last edited:

Sponsored

tg_cid

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3
Occupation
Blademaster
Pickup saturday in Richmond! Exciting!

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Dec-Jan window, no movement since locking configuration in November. After initially telling me I wasn't able to get Shop access because my car was slated for production, after the email came out today I again asked for Shop access and my Guide told me she'd go ahead and request it, I should have access within a few days. So who knows whats going on...I also asked for any movement and she gave me a stock reply that "We should have an updated delivery window for you in the next few weeks as we'll be sharing refreshed delivery windows this month."

I hope I don't get an updated delivery window because we're in January and my car is supposed to be delivered this month...

Alchemy8279

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Mazda MX-5
Occupation
Middle Management
Dec-Jan window, no movement since locking configuration in November. After initially telling me I wasn't able to get Shop access because my car was slated for production, after the email came out today I again asked for Shop access and my Guide told me she'd go ahead and request it, I should have access within a few days. So who knows whats going on...I also asked for any movement and she gave me a stock reply that "We should have an updated delivery window for you in the next few weeks as we'll be sharing refreshed delivery windows this month."

I hope I don't get an updated delivery window because we're in January and my car is supposed to be delivered this month...
My reservation was made Sept 1, 2021 and I have a Dec ā€˜22 to Jan ā€˜23 date. No guide, no contact, nothing. I would at least like to have a guide to give me a semblance of hope to get my R1T before the end of January.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T

Same boat, no shop access after asking a few times and no movement after config confirm in November. Iā€™m in SoCal so Iā€™m 15 min away from one service center and 60-70 mins from two others.. so I know location isnā€™t an issue.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Same boat, no shop access after asking a few times and no movement after config confirm in November. Iā€™m in SoCal so Iā€™m 15 min away from one service center and 60-70 mins from two others.. so I know location isnā€™t an issue.
Ask your guide to look at the daily available VIN list. This is what our guide did to find us a match. I guess some guides are more proactive with this stuff.
Sponsored