First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Occupation
Pilot
Not all guides are equal I guess... 12-1 window emailed guide last week after confirming, so far no response on some basic questions. :confused: Still may pivot to max pack and delay my order, I would love for more "news" to come out about that.
Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Well the only good thing to the Jan-Feb window is we're all getting 2023 MY vehicles, so that something... :)

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Not all guides are equal I guess... 12-1 window emailed guide last week after confirming, so far no response on some basic questions. :confused: Still may pivot to max pack and delay my order, I would love for more "news" to come out about that.
Don't worry, my guide has not responded to any messages sent from Friday of last week, over the weekend (understandable, outside of business hours) or today. I have a call scheduled on Friday with her, so I'm trying to not be overbearing as I'm sure we'll discuss these things at the end of the week.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
So I had my call with my guide. Basically same situation as the above, which is nothing has changed and my Feb/March window is still in play. They said they are asking people to confirm ahead of time so they can better plan their builds. I'm a bit disappointed as I was thinking end of year was possible. Now I'm back to 11-19 weeks. I was extremely happy with my window, but got my hopes up with my guide assignment. I did ask about shop access and they said those are going out to those with earlier pre order dates so I couldn't get in on that. While not a great update, it's fair and I can't complain.
faaaascinating. you have a later window than me but you got the confirm email and i haven't. i chatted cs and they keep saying my window is accurate and i'll hear from a guide 4-6 weeks before delivery ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Don't worry, my guide has not responded to any messages sent from Friday of last week, over the weekend (understandable, outside of business hours) or today. I have a call scheduled on Friday with her, so I'm trying to not be overbearing as I'm sure we'll discuss these things at the end of the week.
Scratch that, just heard from my guide - she confirmed the powered tonneau cover redesign coming in 2023 and that I'm able to wait but if I want a car in my Dec-Jan window I should keep the manual cover configured as-is. She also said I cannot get access to the Shop as my truck is scheduled for production and I should have my exact truck soon regardless!

Sponsored

EastPondR1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escalade and Bmw 550
Occupation
Healthcare executive
Clubs

I have my first guide call in 30 minutes. I really hoped my window wasnt my window anymore (Feb/March) and I was closer after getting my config confirmed Friday.
I have Dec/Jan and crickets over here. No emails, no guide and no confirmation lol. So who knows…you may get yours sooner and I’ll get mine later lol 😪

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
faaaascinating. you have a later window than me but you got the confirm email and i haven't. i chatted cs and they keep saying my window is accurate and i'll hear from a guide 4-6 weeks before delivery ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
And we are both in Los Angeles. However, I see you are a Feb 2022 preorder. I'm a January 2022 preorder, so I should have had a better or same window. That said, from my guide chat today, these emails/guide assignments mean nothing at this point. I'd still be super happy to be taking delivery at the end of my window, March.

JoeBama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I received my confirm config email on Nov 8th. Apparently a guide was assigned but they haven't reached out and neither did I. No other updates yet.

Jul '21 Preorder
EG/OC w/ Black/20" AT/Manual Cover

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
And we are both in Los Angeles. However, I see you are a Feb 2022 preorder. I'm a January 2022 preorder, so I should have had a better or same window. That said, from my guide chat today, these emails/guide assignments mean nothing at this point. I'd still be super happy to be taking delivery at the end of my window, March.
As a Feb 2022 order I am happy just happy to be here. :)

canikony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Tesla Model Y Performance
Just got off a call with my guide. She said that the revised power tonneau cover is supposed to be rolling out the first half of 23. She said I have the option to wait or go ahead and push through for a manual or no cover if I want.

I have no issue waiting, but my main concern is the tax credit. While I signed the BPA, it seems somewhat up in the air if it will actually work. However, there is no guarantee that even if I dropped the auto cover, the truck would get to me before the end of the year. At this point, I'm strongly leaning toward waiting.

Sponsored

SCV-Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Chevy Colorado, Honda Accord
Occupation
Sales
Scratch that, just heard from my guide - she confirmed the powered tonneau cover redesign coming in 2023 and that I'm able to wait but if I want a car in my Dec-Jan window I should keep the manual cover configured as-is. She also said I cannot get access to the Shop as my truck is scheduled for production and I should have my exact truck soon regardless!
My guide told me they had completely removed the cover option from my configuration. And when she told me that I would never be able to add a cover if I took delivery with that configuration,, I asked her to add the manual cover. When she did, I have had my VIN canceled, and I have no date again. I was already halfway through the eight steps. I really don’t understand what’s going on with the manual cover.

JoeBama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
My guide told me they had completely removed the cover option from my configuration. And when she told me that I would never be able to add a cover if I took delivery with that configuration,, I asked her to add the manual cover. When she did, I have had my VIN canceled, and I have no date again. I was already halfway through the eight steps. I really don’t understand what’s going on with the manual cover.
From What I've been reading the manual cover doesn't exist yet, they are still designing and building it. As I understand it there are currently three tonneau cover bed configurations: Old design power cover, manual cover with different slide rails than the power cover, and no slide rails at all = no cover.

SCV-Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
That would explain why she said, with the config they assigned me (no cover), I would never be able to add a cover, no rails at all. So I guess I'm back to square one on the wait. Now I have to wait for a config with the new rails for a manual cover. I said I'd take the truck before the cover is available, and they could ship the cover when it was ready. But the rails are the issue here.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Just got off a call with my guide. She said that the revised power tonneau cover is supposed to be rolling out the first half of 23. She said I have the option to wait or go ahead and push through for a manual or no cover if I want.

I have no issue waiting, but my main concern is the tax credit. While I signed the BPA, it seems somewhat up in the air if it will actually work. However, there is no guarantee that even if I dropped the auto cover, the truck would get to me before the end of the year. At this point, I'm strongly leaning toward waiting.
I have to admit I'm in the same boat. I would REALLY prefer the powered cover, and if I knew it was coming in Q1 2023 I would probably be onboard to wait. However, we all know that nothing is guaranteed and I'd hate to pass on taking delivery say, this year, and ending up waiting until next summer (or longer!) for a redesign. I honestly wish I could take delivery of a broken version.

SCV-Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
I agree. My real need is a lockable bed on occasion. I figured the manual version would just use existing tracks. But it doesn't sound like it now based on the fact I no longer have a schedule and my 8 steps and VIN on my profile have all vanished. My Guide says now I just have to wait. They "may" update my window in January.
Sponsored