Sponsored

R1T Orders: Dec '22 - Jan '23 -- Status Room

ansky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS / T120 Black Scrambler
My guide told me they had completely removed the cover option from my configuration. And when she told me that I would never be able to add a cover if I took delivery with that configuration,, I asked her to add the manual cover. When she did, I have had my VIN canceled, and I have no date again. I was already halfway through the eight steps. I really don’t understand what’s going on with the manual cover.
Talking to CS a few weeks back they said the manual setup (I assume rails etc) are already in production as I had asked what delays were in order if we made a choice for manual when the power tonneau was halted. They said the only detail was that the panels were delivering early in the coming year. I have to assume your re-config changed the entire timeline etc of your vehicle and halted your steps progression. When did you make that change with the guide?
Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
My understanding was, it uses the same tracks as the auto cover and the non auto cover without tracks won’t ship till 2023. So basically everyone has the same cover for the rest of 2022 but only manual works with it. Maybe I’m wrong.

SCV-Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Chevy Colorado, Honda Accord
Occupation
Sales
Talking to CS a few weeks back they said the manual setup (I assume rails etc) are already in production as I had asked what delays were in order if we made a choice for manual when the power tonneau was halted. They said the only detail was that the panels were delivering early in the coming year. I have to assume your re-config changed the entire timeline etc of your vehicle and halted your steps progression. When did you make that change with the guide?
We made the change about a week and a half ago.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
From What I've been reading the manual cover doesn't exist yet, they are still designing and building it. As I understand it there are currently three tonneau cover bed configurations: Old design power cover, manual cover with different slide rails than the power cover, and no slide rails at all = no cover.
My guide says the manual cover is in production and will deliver in December. You cannot select a power tonneau is you’re getting a truck in the next few months. It’s manual or none. You can hold out until they redesign the power, but you basically move aside for now. This is what we’ve been told buy our guide.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
My guide says the manual cover is in production and will deliver in December. You cannot select a power tonneau is you’re getting a truck in the next few months. It’s manual or none. You can hold out until they redesign the power, but you basically move aside for now. This is what we’ve been told buy our guide.
Weird they still have no images or videos of the manual cover, especially if it’s in production meaning they’ve done their testing.

Sponsored

ansky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS / T120 Black Scrambler
We made the change about a week and a half ago.
So it must have fallen into the "changing your configuration will almost always result in a change to your delivery timing estimate" post-10/16 scenario. That sucks.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Same here, although I was told "early 2023" for the manual cover as well as the powered tonneau redesign.

Last edited:

Impatient

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus NX350
I have Dec/Jan and crickets over here. No emails, no guide and no confirmation lol. So who knows…you may get yours sooner and I’ll get mine later lol 😪
Same with me. Dec/Jan and crickets.

milliemc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
retired
Clubs

I'm a Dec '22 - Jan '23 window (just received with update) and was a 12/21 reservation date. Right now no guide, no 8 steps, etc. but CS told me I should expect to connect with a guide soon.
So, it took almost a full year to move from reservation to order status..?

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
So, it took almost a full year to move from reservation to order status..?
Yep and that’s pretty good compared to some others!

Sponsored

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Same here, although I was told "early 2023" for the manual cover as well as the powered tonneau redesign.
I was told there is no real timeline for the power tonneau. The manual should start delivering in December, so I've been told. I think the manufacturing/engineering is ahead of the marketing side of things, but who knows.

Petey88

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Jeep Cherokee,1962 VW Bug,1970 Dodge Charger
Occupation
Govt
Just wanted to post on here. Excited for the Dec 22 Jan 23 delivery window. All crickets from rivian so far.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Had intro call with my guide. Not really any new info. I was curious how the vehicle matching happens and was told that they try to match your config with something thats already built and ready to ship, if not, then it's a custom build and it'll take longer. I would guess if 8 steps doesn't start before thanksgiving it's unlikely to have delivery before Jan 1. R1 Shop only for Dec 2021 and below orders, anyone Jan 22 and onward, no R1 Shop access for the remainder of the year.

computertom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Bronco Raptor, '80 911 SC
Sept '21 reservation and also just chilling for the last while. Nothing since the "Prepare for the Digital Purchasing Process" email a week+ ago. I did notice that my order changed yesterday to the Manual Tonneau Cover. Also of note, my Estimated Delivery is still showing "Processing estimate" since I confirmed it a couple of weeks ago back before I started getting the emails about the order process.

SCV-Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Chevy Colorado, Honda Accord
Occupation
Sales
Sept '21 reservation and also just chilling for the last while. Nothing since the "Prepare for the Digital Purchasing Process" email a week+ ago. I did notice that my order changed yesterday to the Manual Tonneau Cover. Also of note, my Estimated Delivery is still showing "Processing estimate" since I confirmed it a couple of weeks ago back before I started getting the emails about the order process.
I'm in the exact same boat. My guide said the status's would be updated in January if I don't hear back sooner.
Sponsored