obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, Audi SQ5
From my guide today:

"I can see that your truck has been built and getting ready to ship! I don't see that your online purchasing process has been set up yet, but that could be any time."
Sponsored

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
From my guide today:
Whatā€™s odd about this is that my guide has specifically said they have no idea whatā€™s being built until they see a match, which is done be a different department. The ā€œconfirm configurationā€ step used to mean the truck was complete, but he told us that is no longer the case. If thereā€™s no VIN assigned to you, your vehicle isnā€˜t yours yet. Iā€™m not trying to contradict, just sharing very different information that our guide has told us.

SDRTAZ

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Manager
Whatā€™s odd about this is that my guide has specifically said they have no idea whatā€™s being built until they see a match, which is done be a different department. The ā€œconfirm configurationā€ step used to mean the truck was complete, but he told us that is no longer the case. If thereā€™s no VIN assigned to you, your vehicle isnā€˜t yours yet. Iā€™m not trying to contradict, just sharing very different information that our guide has told us.
My guide said something similar today. I confirmed configuration last week and now the system shows "pending estimate" (delivery date). He says that will change when a VIN is assigned and will also trigger the 8 step process. Prior to confirming configuration, the estimated date was Feb-March 23.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
checking to see my graphql if maybe i got invited to the marketplace and my "fulfillmentSummaryStatus" changed to "CUSTOMER_NOT_READY_TO_CONFIRM" all because I'm trying to get a straight answer about the tonneau lol.

Mike TDM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
11 Chevy Volt, 11 Camaro 1SS, 02 Chevy 2500HD,
Occupation
Retired
Dec 22- Jan 23 Estimate delivery (NOW Processing estimate) , 11-18-21 order, 11-9-22 Your configuration is ready to confirm, 11-14-22 guide contact, 11-17-22 tonneau cover automatically changed to manual cover from power cover (even though told guide wanted to put hold on R1T until new power cover update), 12-7-22 no farther contact.

"configurationStatus": "SOFT_LOCKED",
"currency": "USD",
"orderDate": "2022-04-01T22:03:17.647Z", (after being canceled, reinstated from price increase)
"type": "VEHICLE",
"fulfillmentSummaryStatus": "READY_FOR_NEXT_STEPS",

Last edited:

Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Dec 22- Jan 23 Estimate delivery (NOW Processing estimate) , 11-18-21 order, 11-9-22 Your configuration is ready to confirm, 11-14-22 guide contact, 11-17-22 tonneau cover automatically changed to manual cover from power cover (even though told guide wanted to put hold on R1T until new power cover update), 12-7-22 no farther contact.

"configurationStatus": "SOFT_LOCKED",
"currency": "USD",
"orderDate": "2022-04-01T22:03:17.647Z", (after being canceled, reinstated from price increase)
"type": "VEHICLE",
"fulfillmentSummaryStatus": "READY_FOR_NEXT_STEPS",
so your guide confirmed your config for you in spite of you saying you wanted to wait for the new powered tonneau?

JC4

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Confirmed Configuration
Mid-October '21 Pre-Order. Late October received Dec 21- Jan 22 window and confirmed configuration - Adventure model/El Cap/21"/Full-Size Spare (Northeast US, FYI)

Got 8-step and VIN very beginning of November. I connected via text with my Guide who helped me not be overly anxious about the speed of completing the 8-step process.

Went through the first 3 steps within days, and locked in financing via Rivian (will refi later) figuring it would expedite the process. Was told I wouldn't really need to complete any of the other steps until the vehicle was actually ready for delivery scheduling and was given heads-up on what I could do in the meantime (prep insurance to make sure coverage was ready to go once the vehicle was ready).

Got notice today that the truck was ready to be scheduled for delivery. Texted my guide and they told me to finish up the final 5 steps. Which I did, and which all culminated with me being scheduled to pick up my truck this Friday afternoon!

Mike TDM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
11 Chevy Volt, 11 Camaro 1SS, 02 Chevy 2500HD,
Occupation
Retired
so your guide confirmed your config for you in spite of you saying you wanted to wait for the new powered tonneau?
The guide put my R1T on hold when I asked it to be on 11-14-22. Then on 11-17-22 I received email from Tony/Rivian that the change was made in the configurator to a manual cover without my say so. I then called guide again to ask what happened to the HOLD on my R1T until the power cover was being installed again. I was informed by the guide that there was no time line in sight for the power cover as an option again so if I wanted my truck anytime soon to keep it configured with a manual Tonneau cover (which I decide to do). Hope that makes sense.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
The guide put my R1T on hold when I asked it to be on 11-14-22. Then on 11-17-22 I received email from Tony/Rivian that the change was made in the configurator to a manual cover without my say so. I then called guide again to ask what happened to the HOLD on my R1T until the power cover was being installed again. I was informed by the guide that there was no time line in sight for the power cover as an option again so if I wanted my truck anytime soon to keep it configured with a manual Tonneau cover (which I decide to do). Hope that makes sense.
yes got it, makes sense.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
So, my guide is a hero. He called me yesterday because even though he requested to get me shop access I had yet to be approved. He told me what trucks were in normal, Irvine, and el sugendo that had the powdered tonneau. I selected the truck in Normal that was actually my day one config minus the underbody shield. They removed it from the R1 shop, changed my config, and matched the vin. 8 steps opened up this morning. Exterior color and tonneau were my top needs and I got it. Holy shit Iā€™m getting my truck. Love Rivian today!

Sponsored

TXR1SMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 G63 AMG, 2020 X3M Competition
Occupation
Physician
Is it normal for your guide to not know the method of transport for a vehicle that is "in transit?" My guide seems to never know anything about my vehicle...where it is, how it's coming, timeline, if there was any QC issues, etc. Did I get the only guide who is absolutely no help?

MooneyPilot

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Occupation
Pilot
Well, I got r1shop access mid yesterday and immediately jumped on a power tonneau white, 22" bright. (different than my config'd RB and dark 22s) I will say I am kind of concerned how it came to be an orphan at the SC and when I'll get my home charger though. The process is full steam ahead, still excited. TAX CREDIT locked in as I should have it before end of year. Biggest negative so far: My guide has not responded to any email over the last week and has only sent auto generated emails during this process, which were copy paste and wrong about features of the vehicle I selected in the shop.

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
Well, I got r1shop access mid yesterday and immediately jumped on a power tonneau white, 22" bright. (different than my config'd RB and dark 22s) I will say I am kind of concerned how it came to be an orphan at the SC and when I'll get my home charger though. The process is full steam ahead, still excited. TAX CREDIT locked in as I should have it before end of year. Biggest negative so far: My guide has not responded to any email over the last week and has only sent auto generated emails during this process, which were copy paste and wrong about features of the vehicle I selected in the shop.

I am wondering if the Guides are just overwhelmed right now. I had amazing communication with my guide at first, but have not heard from him in 8 days now. And for me, 8 days is a lifetime. I am trying not to be that guy, but I am feeling ghosted.
Im sure it will all work out.

Congrats on the shop find. I would love shop access myself.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I am wondering if the Guides are just overwhelmed right now. I had amazing communication with my guide at first, but have not heard from him in 8 days now. And for me, 8 days is a lifetime. I am trying not to be that guy, but I am feeling ghosted.
I'm sure it will all work out.

Congrats on the shop find. I would love shop access myself.
Big "end of year push" is happening as we speak... I'm guessing they only respond to urgent matters at this point as their workload has probably drastically increased. But, even with that in mind.. I emailed my Guide yesterday and he replied in 28min which kind of shocked me because other times it takes 2 days to get a reply.

TXR1SMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 G63 AMG, 2020 X3M Competition
Occupation
Physician
I get the "end of year push" chaos, but I feel like I'm getting the run around. I completed all of my steps except schedule delivery. I secured my financing but I am putting about 50% down and Rivian already has that ACH from my account. My guide can't tell me if I will get delivery in 2022 or 2023 and keeps saying once it gets to the SC it will need 2 more weeks of quality control. Maybe it won't be an issue, but I feel like partially paying for a vehicle in 2022 and then taking delivery/registering in 2023 could be a problem. I know I'm just anxious to get the truck and I don't want to be that guy that bugs his guide every day, but I am confused about how transit from IL to TX is taking longer than IL to GA or IL to CT and I'm wondering if this vehicle had some kind of QC issue that they're trying to resolve before delivery without telling me.

*rant over*
Sponsored