Sponsored

R1T Orders: Dec '22 - Jan '23 -- Status Room

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Send the Limestone on 22s to Denver ASAP!
Sponsored

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Send the Limestone on 22s to Denver ASAP!
This was the limestone option:
gotta go to Brooklyn :)

LOCATION: Brooklyn, NY (this would need to be a service center pickup, so ROAD TRIP!)
RIT
Limestone Exterior
Black Mountain Interior
21 in Road Wheels
No Underbody Shield
No Full-Size Spare

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Asked my guide for shop access. No go. Being told it’s still just for 21 orders, but I know some 22 orders reporting gettin in there. It may be area specific based on demand.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Asked my guide for shop access. No go. Being told it’s still just for 21 orders, but I know some 22 orders reporting gettin in there. It may be area specific based on demand.
I’m a Dec ‘21 order and was told no shop access as my truck was too close to production. Whatever that means!

Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I’m a Dec ‘21 order and was told no shop access as my truck was too close to production. Whatever that means!
Did you confirm your config? That stops you from the shop because they are building your truck— otherwise it would just end up being a shop truck anyway if you got one from the shop sooner, and maybe they don’t want to actively have orphan trucks if they can avoid it.

roberttatefan

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, S7, Exocet, JGC
Took delivery yesterday as expected. Overall, it was an easy experience. The delivery person/guide was very knowledgeable and an R1T owner.

Overall, the truck was in great shape. A few minor issues - couldn't get my garage door opener to pair (Overhead Door Co. - trying a different universal remote to see if I can program from that) and caught the truck's taillights randomly flashing in my garage. Beyond that, things are great. No funny noises. Great panel gaps. No nicks/scratches/dents that I can find. Everything seems to work (Driver+, all door releases, all switches etc)

Knock on wood, but things are off to a good start!

EVnewb

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna, Tesla MYP, R1T
Did you confirm your config? That stops you from the shop because they are building your truck— otherwise it would just end up being a shop truck anyway if you got one from the shop sooner, and maybe they don’t want to actively have orphan trucks if they can avoid it.
I think that may have changed recently. We confirmed our configuration almost a month ago and just got access to the shop last week. I don’t know if our guide had a hand in that (I asked her if shop access was an option to possibly get a truck earlier) or not, but the shop access email randomly showed up without any heads up from our guide.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Spoke with CS today about reported 2022 orders getting shop access, and how I believed the R1Shop access was supposed to be offered by preorder date to fix customer frustration and the "Rivian lottery" and was basically told to "deal with it".
They didn't seem to want the feedback that it feels a certain way to be skipped in line, no matter how I phrased it.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Yes we confirmed our configuration but I also know people who have and got shop access anyways. Doesn’t matter as I’m not going to change but would be fun to look around.

Sponsored

Sattman69

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘19 4Runner Limited, toytec lift & power brakes
Occupation
Consult/Project Manager
DTown3011
We have a similar config and timelines.

My guide was assigned and Confirm Config email received last week. I tried to connect with Guide prior to confirming my Config but that didn’t work (as in, 2 days was long enough without a reply) so I stopped in at SC on Saturday and talked with those guys about my questions.

They resolved those for me so I confirmed my Config. Then I received the automated email to schedule call with my Guide. I’m a Jan-Feb 23 “window” but SC guys intimated it would be “sooner” but not certain if it was before year end.
Guide call scheduled for Friday 12/9. Delivery estimate is “processing”.
I hope I can avoid the R1 Shop at this point. More options won’t help!

Sattman69

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘19 4Runner Limited, toytec lift & power brakes
Occupation
Consult/Project Manager
DTown3011
We have a similar config and timelines.

My guide was assigned and Confirm Config email received last week. I tried to connect with Guide prior to confirming my Config but that didn’t work (as in, 2 days was long enough without a reply) so I stopped in at SC on Saturday and talked with those guys about my questions.

They resolved those for me so I confirmed my Config. Then I received the automated email to schedule call with my Guide. I’m a Jan-Feb 23 “window” but SC guys intimated it would be “sooner” but not certain if it was before year end.
Guide call scheduled for Friday 12/9. Delivery estimate is “processing”.
I hope I can avoid the R1 Shop at this point. More options won’t help!
Update (30 sec. After this post): just received first contact, a text, from Guide. Truck has started production but delivery is, “still a ways out”. Are they listening? 🤣

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Guide emailed this morning. No truck match yet, but some interesting info. There are no shortage of 20” AT tires, and no holdup based on colors. In fact the only tire option that they are tight on is the included 21’s. It sounds like the configuration locks in early November were for the trucks they’re hoping to make and deliver by end of January, so basically get the configurations locked earlier before the trucks enter production. I’m curious how many people changed their minds after their truck was produced.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Guide emailed this morning. No truck match yet, but some interesting info. There are no shortage of 20” AT tires, and no holdup based on colors. In fact the only tire option that they are tight on is the included 21’s. It sounds like the configuration locks in early November were for the trucks they’re hoping to make and deliver by end of January, so basically get the configurations locked earlier before the trucks enter production. I’m curious how many people changed their minds after their truck was produced.
Good to know, thanks. I feel like some guides have more info than others.

JaMa

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 LR Defender 110, 2021 Tesla Model YP
Occupation
Entrepreneur
I was told by my guide earlier that since I am a '22 order holder I also cannot get access to the store. But, my configuration is locked so that might also be the thing. He also keeps saying we are going to get "Updated delivery windows in January" - even though my estimate was December-January until I confirmed config. So, its all very confusing. He seemed to think I was still a couple of months away from delivery, so I really have no idea whats going on.
Sponsored