Sponsored

R1T Orders: Dec '22 - Jan '23 -- Status Room

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
New here, but think I've caught up on most of this topic. Did everyone lose the Dec-Jan 2023 Estimated Delivery window when you confirmed your configuration or is that a corner case for only some of us? Trying to understand how much planning to put into receiving a truck in the next two months vs. a rolling reset of timelines.
Yes I did mine now says ā€œProcessingā€ but my guide has confirmed my window has not changed and is going to production s00n!
Sponsored

EastPondR1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escalade and Bmw 550
Occupation
Healthcare executive
Clubs

So I chatted with CS yesterday looking for clarity on my Dec-Jan window. They stated with a Dec-Jan window I could expect a confirmation email within that window then delivery within 4-6 weeks after confirmation. So I asked potentially no delivery within Dec/Jan just email confirmation? She said yes. You have from today to End of January to get emailā€¦.then delivery after email. I said well if itā€™s January 31ā€¦I wouldnā€™t get the truck until mid to late April possibly. She said yes that could happen. I responded then saying that really isnā€™t a Dec/Jan delivery window. She technically agreed but said that is the window I have and optimistic the confirmation email would come soon with a delivery within Dec/Jan. So bottom line it still seems like itā€™s a lottery to me on confirmation emails and delivery šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø.watch Iā€™ll get the email on Monday. Haha

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
But will the powered tonneau be back by then! ;)

Biturbowned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜20 Model Y, ā€˜22 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

8 steps unlocked today! Hype level maximum!

Edit: 2022 VIN per the decoder ring posted earlier, 13,8k

audiomikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500, MB W221 S550, Prius V
Occupation
Manufacturing Engineer
Clubs

Is Rivian making the no tonneau cover option? Have they delivered a no tonneau optioned truck?

Sponsored

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Is Rivian making the no tonneau cover option? Have they delivered a no tonneau optioned truck?
Our guide said yes. You can get the no tonneau option. If you do it wonā€™t have the rails for the manual cover.

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Sept '21 reservation and also just chilling for the last while. Nothing since the "Prepare for the Digital Purchasing Process" email a week+ ago. I did notice that my order changed yesterday to the Manual Tonneau Cover. Also of note, my Estimated Delivery is still showing "Processing estimate" since I confirmed it a couple of weeks ago back before I started getting the emails about the order process.
This matches my experience except my guide more or less forced me agree for her to remove the auto tonneau cover upon contact. No option presented to wait for the auto to return.

Biturbowned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜20 Model Y, ā€˜22 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

There have been deliveries of no-cover.

ckindred1

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Ranger, VW ID.4
Occupation
Self-employed
Clubs

My delivery window was Jan - Feb '23, but since I confirmed my configuration status has changed to "processing estimate". I emailed my guide and got this response - "
A pleasure to virtually meet you!

In response to your question Michael, the first step to getting you behind the wheel is to confirm your preorder configuration, which is done!

As far as delivery timing Michael, your specific delivery window estimate is based on your delivery location, configuration and original preorder or reservation date.

Itā€™s also influenced by how we batch production of vehicles at our plant, supply availability and shifts in customer preference.

If you don't yet have a delivey window estimate, that's ok, just know that we offer delivery window estimate updates every 3 months, with the next refresh coming in Janurary.

Of course, should there be any opportunity to get you into an R1T sooner, we'll certainly be in touch!

In the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach back out, as I'm happy to support and look forward to getting you behind the wheel as soon as possible!"

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I don't believe they're making that option just yet, at least we haven't seen any delivered.

You can spec no tonneau, but for now I believe the truck will contain the rails for a manual cover even if you spec no tonneau. I think the last email stated they would be making the no tonneau option (without rails) sometime in early 2023?

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Our guide told us they're back to using trucks to deliver trucks to the service centers.
Oh ok, I thought I read trucks + rail as rail has been slower. If this happens though trucks are going to be in high demand and increase in cost for transport as well. Wonā€™t necessarily affect us, but unfortunate.

HumanGenome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
11/11 config confirmation still processing
Sponsored