Sponsored

R1T One Month Assessment, including test towing of our 7,000 lbs Airstream Travel Trailer

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

We took Factory Delivery of our R1T (named Opal) on April 26, 2023. We have now had her for a month and have almost 2,000 miles on her. Thus far Opal has performed flawlessly. We are now becoming proficient at operating her systems and getting to the right screen to access the function that we want to utilize. We are beginning to feel confident in her operation. We have driven her daily since we got her. We are very pleased with her operation and drive her at every opportunity. We were somewhat concerned about the one pedal driving, but we have adapted to it very well and are enjoying driving this way. We have also found that we can transition seamlessly from the R1T to our Silverado ICE truck.

We have done some test towing of our 7,000# Airstream Travel Trailer with Opal. We have found that she can handle the towing as well as our Diesel Silverado. The only issue is the very limited range when towing a heavy trailer. We have been charging Opal on Level 1 and Level 2 chargers at home and at RV campgrounds. We have also done some charging on Level 3 EA units along the highway. We have been maintaining her at around a 70% charge level for daily use. This seems to work well for our at-home situation. We are awaiting the installation of our Rivian Wall Charger and an additional 50 amp 14-50 wall outlet.

Opal has the 21" road wheels. We have removed her Aero Covers. We think that her wheels look much better without them. They also tend to cause chaffing marks on the wheels if left on. We have also permanently removed the receiver cover on Opal's rear bumper. We leave a steel step installed in the receiver. We find this handy to be able to step up at the back of the truck to retrieve something from the bed.

As we use her more, I'm sure that we will be adding more personal touches.

Brian
Rivian R1T R1S R1T One Month Assessment, including  test towing of our 7,000 lbs Airstream Travel Trailer DSC_0007.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S R1T One Month Assessment, including  test towing of our 7,000 lbs Airstream Travel Trailer DSC_0009.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S R1T One Month Assessment, including  test towing of our 7,000 lbs Airstream Travel Trailer DSC_0010.JPG
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Glad she's performed well so far. It was a long, weird wait but hopefully it was worth it.

OP
OP
moosetags

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Glad she's performed well so far. It was a long, weird wait but hopefully it was worth it.
The 4 1/2 year wait was well worth it. We are thrilled with our Rivian.

Brian

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
We took Factory Delivery of our R1T (named Opal) on April 26, 2023. We have now had her for a month and have almost 2,000 miles on her. Thus far Opal has performed flawlessly. We are now becoming proficient at operating her systems and getting to the right screen to access the function that we want to utilize. We are beginning to feel confident in her operation. We have driven her daily since we got her. We are very pleased with her operation and drive her at every opportunity. We were somewhat concerned about the one pedal driving, but we have adapted to it very well and are enjoying driving this way. We have also found that we can transition seamlessly from the R1T to our Silverado ICE truck.

We have done some test towing of our 7,000# Airstream Travel Trailer with Opal. We have found that she can handle the towing as well as our Diesel Silverado. The only issue is the very limited range when towing a heavy trailer. We have been charging Opal on Level 1 and Level 2 chargers at home and at RV campgrounds. We have also done some charging on Level 3 EA units along the highway. We have been maintaining her at around a 70% charge level for daily use. This seems to work well for our at-home situation. We are awaiting the installation of our Rivian Wall Charger and an additional 50 amp 14-50 wall outlet.

Opal has the 21" road wheels. We have removed her Aero Covers. We think that her wheels look much better without them. They also tend to cause chaffing marks on the wheels if left on. We have also permanently removed the receiver cover on Opal's rear bumper. We leave a steel step installed in the receiver. We find this handy to be able to step up at the back of the truck to retrieve something from the bed.

As we use her more, I'm sure that we will be adding more personal touches.

Brian
DSC_0007.JPG
DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG
So glad to see that you, SuEllyn, and Opal are getting along! I love that step, do you have a link to where you purchased it?

OP
OP
moosetags

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

So glad to see that you, SuEllyn, and Opal are getting along! I love that step, do you have a link to where you purchased it?
Yes, I bought the hitch step on Amazon. Search: Orworks Universal Hitch Step. It is made from solid steel and is powder coated in wrinkle black. It is very nicely made. It weighs 17#. I just ordered a second one. The one on the R1T came off the Duramax. I needed to replace that one.

Brian

SolartoEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T VIN 269*, 2019 RAV4 Hybrid, 1999 Ford F-250
I was mowing my lawn a couple days ago and was waiting for your update on the trip home. I just passed 30,000 and am still in love
Sponsored