R1T on display at Amazon 2019 Hardware Event

Skigh

First Name
Skigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Looks like they are letting a little more hands on and people and getting closer to the vehicle... cool

azjohnny

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S 100D Toyota Tundra
Is this the Seattle show?

Sponsored

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Is this the Seattle show?
The outdoor display was part of the Amazon Alexa event held yesterday outside of the Amazon Spheres building. I am not sure if they will be there today as well though. Friday's event is completely seperate.

azjohnny

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S 100D Toyota Tundra
I didn't recognize the city with the sun shining and the lack of mist....:D

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Anyone notice — if you zoom in on the touch screen you can see there’s an option for the side mirrors to fold in automatically. Neat.
I did. While we are looking at that picture, does anyone have an idea on what the "Ambient" button controls on the Climate page? @SpinDoc7, these images are only creating more questions!!!

krcossin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 Suburban LTZ + 19 Volvo XC40
Why did it take me this long to foresee the order process for a Rivian will be available with Prime?

Sponsored

SpinDoc7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
I did. While we are looking at that picture, does anyone have an idea on what the "Ambient" button controls on the Climate page? @SpinDoc7, these images are only creating more questions!!!
I saw that. I’m guessing lighting inside the cabin. Sort of a dimmer switch/lighting color kind of thing. Some new ICE vehicles are showing a feature like this in their TV ads.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Pretty sure it's for ambient lighting. I've seen a lot of the lighting in pictures...behind the vents in the dash, on door panels, etc.

Whether that is the control screen for it or not, I think the ambient lighting will be pretty cool.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
This pic shows the vent lighting.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T on display at Amazon 2019 Hardware Event FB_IMG_1567641980510

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Pretty sure it's for ambient lighting. I've seen a lot of the lighting in pictures...behind the vents in the dash, on door panels, etc.

Whether that is the control screen for it or not, I think the ambient lighting will be pretty cool.
Agreed 100%. I love the idea of ambient lighting. I just find the placement of ambient lighting controls on the climate screen slightly odd....although 70% of the ambient lighting is tucked into the AC vents while the remaining 30% is tucked in the door handles.

That is one of the updated questions I left with @Lil'O Annie, so hopefully we find some of these things out soon enough. If not, we have San Fran or we just start blowing up their Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram with questions left unanswered...

It would be sweet if they had a monitored Twitter feed that we could send questions in during these Customer events and then the questions could be answered as they appeared and those questions and answers would be visible to those online and those at the event....Not everyone is outgoing enough to confront a Rivian employee with questions...this alleviates that issue and gives everyone not there as well insight into what is going on...
Sponsored