LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

For those keeping an eye on market value for re-sold vehicles, here's a No-Reserve one that ends in about 5 hours..

2022 Rivian R1T Launch Edition | eBay

Presently just a tick over $105k
Curious if it will climb fast near the end into the $130's like the one sold on Cars&Bids
Sponsored

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Does eBay motors do auction extension for last minute bids? Or is it just bid sniping?

If the latter, it's a terrible way to sell a Rivian right now.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Does eBay motors do auction extension for last minute bids? Or is it just bid sniping?

If the latter, it's a terrible way to sell a Rivian right now.
Looks like this owner went with the wrong site. There is one on Cars and Bids with 3 days left already @ 121k.

Will be curious where this one on eBay ends up.

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
That's what I think. The last one on cars and bids went up by thousands in the last minute, too, as c&b extends the auction by a minute for every new bid. Pretty sure eBay motors you just wait until last second and hope you're the one that waited the longest to put in a bid.

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
I don't know "cars and bids" (I see it's the Doug DeMuro copycat of BaT) and 4.5% buyer's premium, like BaT at 5% ā€¦ far out ā€¦ no wonder Doug and these other talentless nobodies are millionaires ā€¦

I think a "by the book" listing on BringaTrailer or C&B is going to bring the "first kid on the block" gotta-have-it bidders ā€¦ lots of photos, all the documentation, window sticker, more photos ā€¦ and right now, I'd say $130K+ is the market (fair enough, some people have money that makes that premium irrelevant.)

Sponsored

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I like how the description says that the owner "hasn't driven the truck and it's sitting in their driveway because they are afraid if the drive it, they will fall in love with it and change their mind" yet the truck may have anywhere between 11 and 30 miles (it has 11 now) when the new owner takes delivery.

Funny how that works, isn't it?

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I don't know "cars and bids" (I see it's the Doug DeMuro copycat of BaT) and 4.5% buyer's premium, like BaT at 5% ā€¦ far out ā€¦ no wonder Doug and these other talentless nobodies are millionaires ā€¦

I think a "by the book" listing on BringaTrailer or C&B is going to bring the "first kid on the block" gotta-have-it bidders ā€¦ lots of photos, all the documentation, window sticker, more photos ā€¦ and right now, I'd say $130K+ is the market (fair enough, some people have money that makes that premium irrelevant.)
+1 on talentless noodles. There are plenty of 'Tubers whose opinion I care to know (OutofSpecKyle being one of them) but Doug DeMuro isn't one of them. I find him exceedingly annoying.

More power to him though. If he can make a living doing his thing then you can't fault him for that.

dzmconstr

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S 75D
I like how the description says that the owner "hasn't driven the truck and it's sitting in their driveway because they are afraid if the drive it, they will fall in love with it and change their mind" yet the truck may have anywhere between 11 and 30 miles (it has 11 now) when the new owner takes delivery.

Funny how that works, isn't it?
Screams breach of contract and they bought only to flip...
Dzm

Sponsored

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S R1T No-Reserve auction on eBay Motors ends soon Screenshot 2022-04-19 170205

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

easily $10K under what it could have sold for.
not sure what the fees are and who pays it

E Parx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Seller clearly made a poor choice opting for Ebay vs BaT or C&B.

This could bring the overall market down a bit moving forward but their increasing availability will do that too.

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

The market will be brought down by the other half-dozen R1Ts listed on eBay right now between $130-140k that havenā€™t sold in the last two weeks and the other 14,994 R1T that will roll off the line this year. There clearly arenā€™t that many people willing to pay over $120k for an R1T.

I think eBay was fine for this. eBay was the de facto auto auction site long before C&B and BaT. Anyone seriously interested in buying one wouldnā€™t let the choice of auction site stand in their way. Most auto collectors have eBay accounts already because eBay is still the best source for parts. It wasnā€™t until C&B waived sellers fees just a few months ago that their business really took off. Prior to that, they only had a dozen or so cars listed at a time. Theyā€™ve only been around for a year and change.
Sponsored