ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I plan on buying the R1T, and on the board I would expect it to be heavily biased to the R1T. But you can probably buy both of its competitors for the same price. There is something to be said for that. They are somewhat compromised vehicles at a great price based on reviews. And they are also both out in the real world, not just employee customers.
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
When did the Ioniq 5 come out that it even qualifies? ? I guess same for Rivian.
I came here to say the same thing! It's not even on sale in N.A. as far as I know. At least the Rivian has been delivered to *Some* customers.

Sponsored

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Everyone needs an incentive. I think that the first to deliver 5,000 should win.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

When did the Ioniq 5 come out that it even qualifies? ? I guess same for Rivian.
If you read the criteria it has to be a 2022 model and they have to provide a vehicle for the judges testing. Thatā€™s why they both qualify.

Also not surprised by the finalists, I am sure it was close between the Hummer and the Santa Cruz for the last finalist spot but I guess the cost of the Hummer hurt it. The winner probably comes down to the R1T vs the Maverick. R1T should get it but that is my bias if Maverick wins itā€˜s due to the price and the hybrid MPG.

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Explorer Limited, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

I really hope that they get it this year because I don't see how the F150 electric doesn't get it when it comes out... and possibly every year after until there is another electric pickup.

Sponsored

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
@jjswan33 40mpg... ?

R1T is like 70mpg right?

I hope they don't give NAToTY top honors for that... Or maybe I do?

R1T wins again!

Motor Trend just have 140k EV the golden calipers, mpg and price aside I seriously think R1T blows this whole thing out of the water and grabs both awards.

It's a go anywhere supertruck, that drives like a sports car, looks like a luxury neo-retro cyber truck and above all else has 4 motors and tows more then a good deal half ton trucks.

The R1T is IMO genre defining, or better yet in a league of it's own.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

@jjswan33 40mpg... ?

R1T is like 70mpg right?

I hope they don't give NAToTY top honors for that... Or maybe I do?

R1T wins again!

Motor Trend just have 140k EV the golden calipers, mpg and price aside I seriously think R1T blows this whole thing out of the water and grabs both awards.

It's a go anywhere supertruck, that drives like a sports car, looks like a luxury neo-retro cyber truck and above all else has 4 motors and tows more then a good deal half ton trucks.

The R1T is IMO genre defining, or better yet in a league of it's own.
I mean I clearly said I believe the R1T gets it but what I was saying is the judges are high on a moderately priced truck with 40 mpg, its been said in reviews for the truck. Not my opinion.

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
I mean I clearly said I believe the R1T gets it but what I was saying is the judges are high on a moderately priced truck with 40 mpg, its been said in reviews for the truck. Not my opinion.
I know, 100% agree.

I just find it funny that they say stuff like that, especially when comparing MPGs to an electric vehicle.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I wouldn't discount the Maverick at all. A small CHEAP truck is what the market has been looking for. I think Ford nailed it with that little truck. The Rivian is obviously better, but the Maverick is going to be a massive seller.

riviak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Does anyone know when NAToTY and the separate Motor Trend Truck of the Year will be/historically have been announced?
Sponsored