Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Dual Max
Occupation
-
From Rivian:

Hi Doug,
Your R1T has been updated to Performance Dual-Motor AWD and Max pack.

(I actually did successfully log in shortly after posting this)

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Max Pack + Dual Motor range update from Rivian: 335, 360 and 400 miles range riv 1

Updated new Max Pack specs from configurator on 4/5/23 (posted by @RivianXpress)

300 miles - Dual Motor - 20” - LARGE PACK
350 miles - Dual Motor - 21” - LARGE PACK
320 miles - Dual Motor - 22” - LARGE PACK

335 miles - Dual Motor - 20” - MAX PACK
400 miles - Dual Motor - 21” - MAX PACK
360 miles - Dual Motor - 22” - MAX PACK

Currently Shipping
274 miles - Quad Motor - 20” - LARGE PACK
328 miles - Quad Motor - 21” - LARGE PACK
303 miles - Quad Motor - 22” - LARGE PACK
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

AlexF

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, BMW
Occupation
Computer Systems Validation Engineer
I was able to log in and check it out. Surprised and a bit disappointed to see 335 mi estimated range with the performance dual motor max pack and off road tires.

Gabe1aron

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Nurse Anesthetist
I was able to log in and check it out. Surprised and a bit disappointed to see 335 mi estimated range with the performance dual motor max pack and off road tires.
Yeah after seeing that lousy range estimate on the Max Pack I lost interest in it

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Pretty lame, IMO... Not quite the max pack we were promised, nor even what was still being talked about a few months ago. No Max Pack option for the R1S it seems, even though it was specifically mentioned recently, maybe it's still coming... We've already tapped out on the R1T after getting a Lightning. My wife is very interested in the R1S to replace our Model Y, but range is one of the biggest factors here. The dual-motor with off-road package R1S (20" wheels, etc...) is rated at up to 300 miles. If a max-pack dual motor gets us in the neighborhood of 340+ we will probably do it if they allow pricing to transfer over -- I've been given conflicting info on that from multiple sources. As in they don't actually know. It's not that we need 340 miles one-way, but she routinely does a longer commute route that our Model Y falls short on in winter temps/weather. So more range is desired and we'll wait to upgrade to get a new vehicle that can actually do it.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
for an additional 10K? It’s absolutely atrocious.
I mostly agree, but then again the batteries are a significant portion of the overall vehicle cost. Although I do sense that they're charging a hefty premium here for those willing to pay a lot to get a little more...

theyoungone

First Name
Isaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Hybrid
Occupation
Engineer
I mostly agree, but then again the batteries are a significant portion of the overall vehicle cost. Although I do sense that they're charging a hefty premium here for those willing to pay a lot to get a little more...
the battery isn’t even that big of an increase though. Large pack is 135kW. The Max pack isn’t 180 like people first thought. It’ll be somewhere close to 150. It’s a premium that’s HIGHWAY ROBBERY. now granted, they can do what they want and I don’t have to pay for it if I don’t want it, blah blah blah, but…this is WILD.

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
for an additional 10K? It’s absolutely atrocious.

$7k extra, but yeah, expensive.

So then the 400 mile range is with the optimal tires and 600 hp version?
Looks like it, which is close to what Rivian promised from the get go. Max pack was always advertised as 400 mile range with road tires not all terrains.

Sponsored

theyoungone

First Name
Isaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Hybrid
Occupation
Engineer
$7k extra, but yeah, expensive.

Looks like it, which is close to what Rivian promised from the get go. Max pack was always advertised as 400 mile range with road tires not all terrains.
$7K is for pre-March, R1T holders who are getting a price break. For post-March, R1T & R1S, it’s 10K

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Changing my config from the 20" wheels (335 est. range) to the 21's updates the est range to 400.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Max Pack + Dual Motor range update from Rivian: 335, 360 and 400 miles range 1680757774113

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Max Pack + Dual Motor range update from Rivian: 335, 360 and 400 miles range 1680757795679

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Max Pack + Dual Motor range update from Rivian: 335, 360 and 400 miles range 1680757821405

Last edited:

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
$7K is for pre-March, R1T holders who are getting a price break. For post-March, R1T & R1S, it’s 10K
How do you figure that? If I view the website signed in or via an incognito page not signed in I see a $7k price difference both times. I’ve also already received my truck so pre/post isn’t a thing for me anymore.

OP
OP
Ripped

Ripped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Dual Max
Occupation
-
But if I went with the 600 HP version, and max pack (which should tax the battery less) I'd be saving $5K CAD over the original quad motor and maxpack initially configured at the time or ordering, and I wanted the range anyway. So the way I look at it, I could be $5000 to the good, as a preorder holder.

theyoungone

First Name
Isaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Hybrid
Occupation
Engineer
How do you figure that? If I view the website signed in or via an incognito page not signed in I see a $7k price difference both times. I’ve also already received my truck so pre/post isn’t a thing for me anymore.
i’m not sure 🤔 - in the visualizer on the site I’m seeing a difference of 10K between the large and max pack.
Sponsored