Sponsored

R1T issues after 1 month of ownership....but not with the truck.

bholliday5150

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
La Silver R1T (7/14/22), Ford Explorer
Occupation
Assistant Principal,
Clubs

Good morning,

Just wanted to post something fun instead of complaints about new climate bill, delays in productions, etc.

As an owner for a month now....I have some issues that I believe need addressed:

1) I have forgotten how to drive normal cars and trucks. I am now forgetting to turn off my wife's Explorer when I park it and get out. Rivian needs to send an update to address this issue please.

2) I find myself also trying to put the Explorer into gear by flpping the windshield wiper stalk. Again, this is something that needs to be addressed by an update.

3) I find myself forgetting again that the R1T is unique, awesome, and a looker. Rivian needs to send out a cheat sheet to owners so they can be ready to discuss all aspects of the truck as you are lets say...parking at Walmart, getting groceries, car washes, gas stations (for fun), liquor stores, just in general people asking..."So is that that electric granola muncher truck?" I mean come on Rivian....where are you on this?

4) How do you charge it? How far can you go? Is is fast? Again...we need a few more videos on Youtube, Tik Tok, or any other social media platform because these have obviously not been addressed yet in any information out there.

Again...just trying to have a little fun :) The world definitely needs more humor in it.

Please feel free to add your own "complaints" to this post. Thanks RJ for listening to us owners....finally.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T issues after 1 month of ownership....but not with the truck. Rivian Delivery
Sponsored

Last edited:

thibbitts

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 FJ cruiser 2018 4runner
The badging must not be working well because the first question I get asked is who makes it. Is it a foreign car maker? I always get lots of questions when I start putting groceries in the frunk!

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
The badging must not be working well because the first question I get asked is who makes it. Is it a foreign car maker? I always get lots of questions when I start putting groceries in the frunk!
At some point, Rivian needs to do diverse advertising in the media - web, TV, radio, nrewspaper, etc. - to build awareness about the brand, values, American made, etc.

OP
OP
bholliday5150

bholliday5150

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
La Silver R1T (7/14/22), Ford Explorer
Occupation
Assistant Principal,
Clubs

Oh yeah......

So what happens when you forget to plug it in? Really seems like a pain to do that every night when you get home. Oh I don't know.... If you forget to fill up your car or truck with gas...I bet the same thing happens.

How do you go on vacation? They have places to charge that? 40 minutes to an hour to charge....what am I suppose to do when I am waiting? Read?...talk to my wife and kids?... Take the dogs out for a walk? I mean come on that seems like a lot to ask for us to adopt such a radical technology.

Again first world issues....but damn it Rivian....we need some help here with all these intelligent questions.

Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
It's not possible to drive with the windows down.

...unless you feel like answering questions from the car next to you at every single stop light.
I actually had a guy drive into oncoming traffic in his lifted GMC to yell "Where the f*$% did you get that truck?!?"

Also my wife is convinced if she was standing outside topless she wouldn't get as many people looking at her as look at the truck.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I'm on a work trip and had to drive a rental 4Runner and realize after driving the Rivian for 2 weeks that this thing drives like hammered dogshit. Rivian please address this ASAP.

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
My wife keeps asking me for a cheatsheet for our impromptu show-and-tells. TBH, I probably could use one, myself!

We've thought about leaving a document on the dash or in a window so people could read about the vehicle when we're not there.

I also enjoy flipping through the gear guard videos to find people staring at the truck.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
All first adopter problems😁

A year from now you will be able to drive around and park without the constant curiosity factor.

Sponsored

Aubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Preorder
Watching the gear guard videos of ooglers now adds 5-10 min to every trip