First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Is this that R1T/Boat combo that was seen this fall?

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Excellent find! really hard to identify what they were selling.. :movember:

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
I guess they have friends or some percolating business with Rivian or Rivian's marketing company.

Cool to see the R1T out there – it will be a prize for all the movies and series that want to appeal to the Rivian demographic.

But also … fire that marketing company. What a dog's breakfast of a bit. The music? The "grimy warehouse in darkness"? The pink-purple wooden lake boat? Good grief. The music is not connected to the video … there's a crescendo playing as the cheesy drone shot slo-mo's the truck idling past shopfronts … how does someone go from freeway to stuck in front of shops when heading to the boat ramp? And where did those other two boats come from? Why are they not introduced with snapshots? No information, no call to action, no hook. Yeesh. The site name is "visionmarinetechnologies.com" … c'mon … why not vmar.com (their ticker is $VMAR … and yeah, they're down from $17 lifetime high to $5 … they're sinking … hopefully they stay afloat long enough to wait for the whole world to quit "burn stuff" polluting boats … electric boats are great … I have a small solar boat for Lake Tahoe, which I hope soon goes to electric-only … except for the historic boats.)
The VMAR site is very good and their technology and products are impressive … how they made this ad, I dunno. Their head line message is the most powerful electric outboard and their hook is "autonomy" … anyone who has captained a boat will say the thing they dislike about boating is the chore of driving the boat … low speed around the dock and the trailer, high speed trying to cover distance and stay on a heading … tedious and stressful … autonomy on the water is so much easier than on the road.
Anyway, I guess a product person shouldn't be critiquing the ad bit, just enjoying the visuals of seeing the truck doing truck stuff. : )
Rivian R1T R1S R1T Featured in Vision Marine Technologies Promo Video 1642028582522

https://visionmarinetechnologies.com/