First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
Heya Rivian fans! So, a couple of days ago my very own Rocky the Rivian got the chance to beat the pants off of the Lightning in a drag race! Andre at TFL Truck reached out and challenged me to a dual, except that he drove it himself. :)

They also let me use the track for a while and do my own SPEED TESTS:

I didn't know till I watched the TFL video that Roman actually beat me in top speed by 1 mph!

They even asked me to start the races!

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Drag Racing the Lightning!! + Ram TRX and F-150 Powerboost Hybrid 1655565363044

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Drag Racing the Lightning!! + Ram TRX and F-150 Powerboost Hybrid 1655565431551

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Drag Racing the Lightning!! + Ram TRX and F-150 Powerboost Hybrid 1655565515160
Sponsored

Last edited:

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

My favourite part was Andre's face as he was rippin the Rivian

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Drag Racing the Lightning!! + Ram TRX and F-150 Powerboost Hybrid 1655570192802

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
Of all the ways I would need a comparison of these trucks, speed is one of the least needed. Is anyone surprised about the R1T's performance?

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Of all the ways I would need a comparison of these trucks, speed is one of the least needed. Is anyone surprised about the R1T's performance?
Nope, but Magna is sponsoring the entire shabang....so the videos must go on.

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover

Ya, Let’s not measure performance or maneuverability. Which one can hold more beverages? That’s the most important thing.

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
Ya, Let’s not measure performance or maneuverability. Which one can hold more beverages? That’s the most important thing.
It's a truck not a race car. What good is the best 0-60 if it can't perform needed tasks for which one buys a truck?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
It's a truck not a race car. What good is the best 0-60 if it can't perform needed tasks for which one buys a truck?
It performs the truck tasks I need.

Bravado21

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99' Subara Impreza 2.5RS, R1T LE
Occupation
Engineer
Not only does it perform the trucks needs, speed, but I would say it would win the off-road challenge with these other trucks in the video too. I can find appreciation in every one of them though.

RivianBowerbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I bought this truck because I'm an auto enthusiast and I love fast things and I also love practicality. Don't care about performance? Why don't you get yourself one of those Ford EV van things. Trucks aren't just for work anymore.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

3.63 in the 20's is pretty damn impressive. If it wasn't for the range loss and the fact that I'm never going to take this thing anywhere near anything that would require that level of aggressive traction, I would totally be tempted.

Also - not sure how these guys have made it to 1+M subscribers with just 20 minute long videos. I feel like I have a whole nother hour to kill now...

Edit: I hadn't watched RIVIAN Dad's video - it looks like an even 3.5 was the fastest time. Even more impressive!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mike Hunt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
3.63 in the 20's is pretty damn impressive. If it wasn't for the range loss and the fact that I'm never going to take this thing anywhere near anything that would require that level of aggressive traction, I would totally be tempted.

Also - not sure how these guys have made it to 1+M subscribers with just 20 minute long videos. I feel like I have a whole nother hour to kill now...
What did P.T. Barnum say?

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I have Vehicles
It's actually both if it is Drag Racing. Hoping someone does a road race track test, as I'd never drive mine on a RR track. But I do wonder how it would measure up.

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I have Vehicles
I bought this truck because I'm an auto enthusiast and I love fast things and I also love practicality. Don't care about performance? Why don't you get yourself one of those Ford EV van things. Trucks aren't just for work anymore.
Hell yeah, the only reason I ordered it was because of the Claimed HP. Which pleasingly went up after I'd made my reservation. The bed and cargo stuff is just a nice perk as I'll never seriously use it as a truck. (hauling & towing)

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

It performs the truck tasks I need.
Not only that - but I think for a lot of people looking at the R1T, they are getting into the pickup market for the first time.

If it wasn't for the very unique capabilities and functionality that only the R1T has, I would never be in the market for a truck.

Growing up, my dad drove a 1969 Chrysler New Yorker which was considered a full size sedan. It was 7 inches LONGER than an R1T!

It also had a 440 V8 and ran a 0-60 in ~6.5

How times have changed...

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Not only that - but I think for a lot of people looking at the R1T, they are getting into the pickup market for the first time.

If it wasn't for the very unique capabilities and functionality that only the R1T has, I would never be in the market for a truck.

Growing up, my dad drove a 1969 Chrysler New Yorker which was considered a full size sedan. It was 7 inches LONGER than an R1T!

It also had a 440 V8 and ran a 0-60 in ~6.5

How times have changed...
I specifically didn't want something the size of an F150, but also wanted to maximize cab size similar to a Ridgeline... lime thr R1T.

Coincidentally a guy pulled up to me to ask about it today in a parking lot. He was driving a rental F150, and said he was considering the R1T. He doesn't want to get the Lightning because it's too big.
Sponsored