DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

That last pic is the truck that went through the water trough. Where are those plates from? My phone's screen is too limited for me to make out the state look the state.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

That last pic is the truck that went through the water trough. Where are those plates from? My phone's screen is too limited for me to make out the state look the state.

Michigan with a M in the middle for Manufacturer.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

That is awesome. I’ve probably never driven through more than a few inches of standing water but to know that I could drive through 40”+ of water is insane.
The R1T appears to be Forest Green with a front facia of Launch Green.

Did I see that right?

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
That is awesome. I’ve probably never driven through more than a few inches of standing water but to know that I could drive through 40”+ of water is insane.
went back and watched this a bit more closely. Looks like they took the passenger seat(s) out, and loaded the bed up with some weights.

Reactions: Rad

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

went back and watched this a bit more closely. Looks like they took the passenger seat(s) out, and loaded the bed up with some weights.
SeaGeo,

It does look like rocks or some other weight is added to the back. I remember a long time ago RJ mentioning that a limiting factor in water crossing is that the R1T actually starts to float in deeper water. From my phone, I'm not sure if or why they took the rear seats out, but that was a good catch on the ballast in the bed.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
SeaGeo,

It does look like rocks or some other weight is added to the back. I remember a long time ago RJ mentioning that a limiting factor in water crossing is that the R1T actually starts to float in deeper water. From my phone, I'm not sure if or why they took the rear seats out, but that was a good catch on the ballast in the bed.
Looked like sandbags in the bed.
Likely they had seats etc out to be able to observe any water ingress. Thus the people inside looking around on the floor. ?

Sponsored

IPTV65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLU Sahara,Jeep JKU, Infiniti G37X, R1S
Occupation
Engineering Exec
Clubs

SeaGeo,

The passengers appear to be looking inside watching for potential leaks? With the seats out they can probably see better. My bet is it has no carpet for that reason too….but that is just my guess.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Looked like sandbags in the bed.
Likely they had seats etc out to be able to observe any water ingress. Thus the people inside looking around on the floor. ?
That makes perfect sense. At first glance, I'm thinking "Why would they go to that length?". Then I remembered, "Oh, yeah! They're doing it for us! Cool!"

Still hope the kids in the tunnel detected no leaks....?

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

pretty cool stuff!