Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Saw this - not sure of the context. But check out the charging port - it appears to glow green - new indicator light instead of the light bar? Curious.
Nice! This shows a much better angle of the new charge port door than we have seen before. I am no longer concerned about it blocking the view of the port when standing beside the vehicle.

My guess is the green light in the port is just for ambient light when charging in dark conditions and perhaps a visual indicator of a successful connection (although I hope it lights up as soon as the charge port door is opened). I doubt this will replace the charge indicator feature in the front and rear light bars. I had emailed Rivian back in Feb '20 asking if they would have such a light, perhaps they added this just for me. ?

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
In the below pic taken from this post, we can also see the light ring but it wasn't illuminated (perhaps not enabled yet or perhaps a clue as to when it does/doesn't light up). You can also see that the charge port door hadn't rotated fully open as it has in the above image which is why I was a bit concerned about it blocking access to the charge port. Glad to see above that it rotates another 45 degrees so that it's completely out of the way.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T charging port glowing green in new photo riv_charge_port_door_0

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Saw this - not sure of the context. But check out the charging port - it appears to glow green - new indicator light instead of the light bar? Curious.

Whats really interesting is that he is located in Washington DC which leads me to believe the car is somewhere local LOL!

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Whats really interesting is that he is located in Washington DC which leads me to believe the car is somewhere local LOL!
There's another one in the background, I think he's in the Irvine facility.

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

There's another one in the background, I think he's in the Irvine facility.
Interesting as he is Senior Counsel I would imagine trips aren't really need to a testing facility but maybe not! Now Im just going to aimlously drive around DC in any case just to be sure :p

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Hmm, wonder why the bar in front is not lighting up.
Maybe there is an option to light up front bar, Charge port, or both.
Could be anything since these vehicles still aren't 100% yet. In the older picture of the green truck, neither was illuminated.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Interesting as he is Senior Counsel I would imagine trips aren't really need to a testing facility but maybe not!
He's actually VP of Public Policy, so he's leading the charge at the federal level & states (where needed) to affect legislation & policy for EVs.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Interesting as he is Senior Counsel I would imagine trips aren't really need to a testing facility but maybe not! Now Im just going to aimlously drive around DC in any case just to be sure :p
He is their VP of Public Policy, a.k.a. their lobbyist. I talked to him back in the day in regards to the Colorado state bill letting Rivian sell direct to customers.

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

He is their VP of Public Policy, a.k.a. their lobbyist. I talked to him back in the day in regards to the Colorado state bill letting Rivian sell direct to customers.
Thats awesome. I confirmed its in Cali!

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
The more I see the 21” wheels, the more I know I need to go to either 20” or 22”.

Laurent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
The more I see the 21” wheels, the more I know I need to go to either 20” or 22”.
Agreed. The 21" wheels will likely give you the best mileage so it's unfortunate that they have the worst design of the 3.

Couldn't help notice the ClipperCreek charger in the background (I have one at home). It looks to be a plug-in model, possibly the HCS-50.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T charging port glowing green in new photo ClipperCreek

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
I’m also curious how everyone can tell wheel size by pictures. Preorder 20” AT here
Sponsored