Sponsored

srh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord, R1T reserved
It looks very functional and well thought out, good job. Wen I finally get my R1T I will probably build something similar. I was thinking more of a thick cutting board top that the cooktop would sit in instead of a butcher block. Might hold up better. Convection combo would be nice.

I'm wondering if you could find an old Craftsman tool box on Craigslist and remove the drawings and build the cooktop and micro in that. might be lighter than the wood frame.
remove the "drawers", not "drawings"...
Sponsored

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I added some finish to my kitchen. Turned out ok. We’ll see how long before I start making modifications.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T camping/overlanding adventure!  Ochoco National Forest. CD021B5A-0F6B-4B41-9DDA-6698BF18A77A

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Did you have a chance to see if there's been any progress on the RAN charging station in Madras?

Plateau Travel Plaza
215 NW CHERRY LN, MADRAS, OR
Drove by their today, nothing clearly identifiable. Possibly some new infrastructure in the corner of the lot next to a transformer.
Rivian R1T R1S R1T camping/overlanding adventure!  Ochoco National Forest. 49FC0566-FB7C-48D8-A29E-01EDFC47345A

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
Drove by their today, nothing clearly identifiable. Possibly some new infrastructure in the corner of the lot next to a transformer.
49FC0566-FB7C-48D8-A29E-01EDFC47345A.jpeg
I keep checking the Oregon permits website and haven't seen any updates recently. So I'm not too surprised by the apparent lack of progress. BTW, I might be heading up McKay Creek Road Sunday on my gravel bike, weather permitting.

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I keep checking the Oregon permits website and haven't seen any updates recently. So I'm not too surprised by the apparent lack of progress. BTW, I might be heading up McKay Creek Road Sunday on my gravel bike, weather permitting.
Enjoying Bend’s finest fast charing infrastructure before I head east. I have camping reserved in the Steens this weekend.

Sponsored

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
Enjoying Bend’s finest fast charing infrastructure before I head east. I have camping reserved in the Steens this weekend.
I rode my gravel bike from the Frenchglen Hotel to the East Rim Trailhead (I was too pooped to pedal to the Summit Trailhead) back in Jul 2018. It was a pretty awesome view! We stayed at the Crane Hot Springs about an hour from the Frenchglen Hotel.

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

So after watching the video from @OutofSpecKyle at the RAN station in Salida, CA it seems more likely that this is in fact infrastructure for a future RAN station in Madras. Here's hoping they install it soon 🤞
Sponsored