Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Haven’t seen this video yet, so not sure if it is a re-post. Looks like a beta build of R1Ts. Some pretty cool shots of the production and paint process. Hate the automated text to speech narration Grrrrrr!

Sponsored

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
This video is one of those weird things that I find on youtube from time to time. Someone takes a bunch of stock footage, and then generates an english script and lets a computer read it.

Just listen to the voice, it's not speaking in a normal english timbre, and says out all the abbreviations weirdly.

It's one of those clickbait grabs for topics that people search about, used to find it all the time on Tesla, or other 'upcoming' cars. they'd take the stock footage, and write a slightly out of kilter english script and let it play.

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

Did you see it? Right there at 8:08 of the video it was my R1S........ I swear they are ready to roll it off the line...... Right? That was my vehicle ready to go...... HURRY RJ

Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
All footage we have seen before, but I guess I never looked so closely before, because I saw a couple things.

At 7:09 (and again at 7:11) you see a dash that doesn't have the wood trim like the Adventure or Launch vehicles, more like the flat black of the Explore. Probably a 3D printed part for prototyping, but gives an idea of what it "could" look like. Also that steering column has 4 stalks, 2 on each side, so must be a very early prototype.

At 7:20 they are tightening lug nuts on a 21" wheel without the aero covers. Had seen some pictures of fully black wheels on prototypes testing without the covers, but this is the first I saw up close of one with the machined lip and faces. Looks pretty good, if it wasn't for the weird/"unique" tire size...

Finally, I'm probably the only one, but I actually like the matte brown-ish color of the unpainted trucks in some of those shots.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Those are the pre-production Cybertrucks they are building for Tesla.
That can’t be. No color could disuse how ugly that thing is.

atR1S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Clubs

I really like the brownish color shown in the last minute of the video. maybe those trucks were then vinyl wrapped and sent out for testing

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Finally, I'm probably the only one, but I actually like the matte brown-ish color of the unpainted trucks in some of those shots.
That color was actually the inspiration for Launch Green. Don't know if it's mentioned on their website but I believe various folks got confirmation from CS that this was the case.
Sponsored