opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
"routinely" LOL!
Rivian R1T R1S R1T being tested for North American Car & Truck (NACTOY) of the Year  - Juror Impressions 7C3A91B6-B798-46BE-9C82-1D7DF3185BCE

To your point, I snapped a photo of this guy sitting court-side in Phoenix last week at the Suns game, and I thought to myself, now this looks like an adventurous guy, perfect for an adventure vehicle, but even though Rivian offers both the "Explore" and "Adventure" packs, I'm still going Hummer here.
Sponsored

Toadkillerdog

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo, 2020 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Physician
7C3A91B6-B798-46BE-9C82-1D7DF3185BCE.jpeg

To your point, I snapped a photo of this guy sitting court-side in Phoenix last week at the Suns game, and I thought to myself, now this looks like an adventurous guy, perfect for an adventure vehicle, but even though Rivian offers both the "Explore" and "Adventure" packs, I'm still going Hummer here.
I do like the hummer too???

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer

I'll take two

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

You may be going with "Hummer", but I'm thinking a "Selfie" may be in play for his next "Adventure". His companions seem to be texting each other about other Explore-Adventure options. ? < ?‍♀+?‍♀

By the way, the Suns also lost that night, 110-98.

Last edited:

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
As a child of the muscle car era, and an owner of a modded 600HP twin turbo awd german uber sedan, my Captain Obvious view is that any vehicle capable of a sub 4 second 0-60 is blisteringly fast.

Then, add the fact that we are talking about heavier, taller trucks and SUV’s, and a driving public completely unused to these speed capabilities, and it is a totally mute exercise for us to be dissecting the difference between a 3 second 0-60 time vs 4.5 second 0-60 time. While it is tremendous that EV’s bring this dig capability to the table, how fast we forget how fast we need to be going. Oh, and we need to stop too.

YMMV but most EV’s will be able to beat most old ladies and an impressive handful of supercars at the neighborhood stoplight.

Other performance and equipment specifications then become way more significant, such as range, handling, reliability, serviceability, charging network, user interface, safety, etc.

In this regard, from a more holistic and all encompassing driver and owner perspective, feels like the Rivian has a big leg up on TOTY despite the as yet unrealized yet tantilizingly close production, vehicle delivery, and service networks.

Carry on.

Sponsored

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited: