canoemonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Discovery Sport
Occupation
Nature-Based Solutions Project Developer
Hi All,

My understanding is that the bed will no longer have roof rack connection points (to allow the racks to be mounted in the bed). I also know that we have some level of understanding of the roof racks themselves (telescoping in the back etc.). Does anyone have any info on in-bed accessories like bed dividers, tie-down points, netting... basically anything that might allow for you to properly secure items in the bed?

The Canoo photo below reminded me that I was hoping to use the racks installed in the bed as pseudo-dividers, but in there absence wondering if anyone has insights on other options?

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Bed Accessories 1615764692010

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
There is nothing definitive about the telescoping racks. No details from Rivian, or confirmation that they will exist, last I asked. There are standard tie down loops, at least four (one per corner), but I haven't seen much else.

Last edited:

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
AFAIK, there are four tie down points — one in each corner. There should still be crossbar attachment points in the top of the bed rails.

The removed attachment points were extra ones under the tonneau cover.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
This one will be interesting if it ever comes to pass...hopefully, it will be possible to move it out when not needed without using a crane :) Rivian Patents Removable Bed-Mounted Battery Pack for Extended Range (thedrive.com)
As my official role of "Debbie Downer" of all hopes for range extension accessories it is my duty to notify you that such accessories will be some combination of exceedingly expensive, only moveable by use of a crane, and or will add miniscule amount of range (which will be listed in feet not miles). I am instead hoping for a high performance charge curve and an abundance of DC fast chargers.

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
As my official role of "Debbie Downer" of all hopes for range extension accessories it is my duty to notify you that such accessories will be some combination of exceedingly expensive, only moveable by use of a crane, and or will add miniscule amount of range (which will be listed in feet not miles). I am instead hoping for a high performance charge curve and an abundance of DC fast chargers.
yep, Ford's idea, Electric Ford F-150 Patent Drawings Show Swappable, Range-Extending Gas Generator Disguised as Toolbox (thedrive.com), is actually more practical...even though it goes against the no-burn ethos...
Sponsored