Sponsored

R1T “vampire” battery drain concerns. Is this normal?

jpa5635

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Network Nerd
I removed the frunk trim piece as @jpa5635 discovered and had very impressive results with my much discussed issue. Basically, I had no overnight loss last night with the frunk trim piece removed, but the night before with the frunk piece installed, I lost 3% and 7 miles of rated range.

I'll post some additional details after work today. Might even start a new thread to call more attention to this potential fix prior to the upcoming OTA.

:handsinair: @jpa5635!

Happy to weigh in on a new thread or be the thread starter with pics. I haven't tracked mine as closely in the last week and put the trim piece back in yesterday as I dropped off at the SC this morning. I can definitively say that I had significantly less drain with the piece removed than with it installed. I did have a few days where the truck stayed awake longer than others but it was nowhere near what it was before removing the trim piece. I wouldn't go so far as to say the issue was totally resolved but definitely better.
Sponsored

jpa5635

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Network Nerd
Thank you, thank you for a possible short-term work around!! :clap:

Is the vehicle driveable without that cover installed? The hood latches correctly I assume?

I drove it for two weeks with the trim piece removed with no visible change in hood deflection at speed and the frunk latched/unlatched as normal. As far as I can tell this trim piece doesn't come in contact with the sheetmetal on the underside of the hood. My theory is that the opening for the loop that fits into the latch is not large enough and putting pressure one direction or another on the latch that is causing errors to be thrown.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I drove it for two weeks with the trim piece removed with no visible change in hood deflection at speed and the frunk latched/unlatched as normal. As far as I can tell this trim piece doesn't come in contact with the sheetmetal on the underside of the hood. My theory is that the opening for the loop that fits into the latch is not large enough and putting pressure one direction or another on the latch that is causing errors to be thrown.
Thank you @jpa5635 .. if this works out.. I nominate you for Forum Member of the Year :handsinair:

soapboxpreacher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Has Rivian acknowledged the issue related to this yet or has it been fixed in the update pushed 2 day ago?

Chinna

First Name
Naren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, MACH-E4X
Occupation
Software developer
For me vampire drain because of Phone as a key. In my case my garage wall is common to kitchen, dining room and master bedroom. Most of the time my R1S is not going to deep sleep and losing around 5% every day just sitting in garage.
I decided to get rid of Phone as a key and using key fob (proximity unlocks works fine with new update)removed nearby permissions (Android) in rivian app so I can still use lock ,unlock, controls etc in app. By doing like this my R1S almost in deep sleep and losing 1 to 2% at 45 degrees temperature in my garage.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T “vampire” battery drain concerns. Is this normal? Screenshot_20230306_155554_Rivian

Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Rivian R1T R1S R1T “vampire” battery drain concerns. Is this normal? A7F18BAC-9D19-4AB6-9666-D4459D8D1C9C

does anyone else get battery drain while plugged in?