Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

I spoke with CS last night about the updated delivery window emails. The CS person tried to tell me that the email from Tony somehow means that they have until the end of next week to send out those emails. I tried to explain that this is not how the English language or the concept of time work, but it's the CS person on chat, what are you going to do? Yell at them? I tried to save the chat transcript, but now it's nowhere to be found... sigh.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
I tried to save the chat transcript, but now it's nowhere to be found... sigh.
Yeah, I've messed that up as well, but it does seem to be fairly simple. Once you are finished with your chat, hit the "Close Chat" or "End Chat" at the bottom. When you do that a message should appear that asks if you want to save a copy of the chat. At least that is what I remember from my last chat. Not sure if that's what you tried or not.

Sponsored

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
As bad as it may seem for some of yins LE R1S reservation holders, those of us that didn't go LE are going to have it worse.
I could have gone LE, but I was sold on that Max Pack with its 400+mile range. It would roll out about 6 months after the LE, and I could wait that long I said.
Now I will wait longer for the same battery size, minus the cool yellow accents, and perhaps even pay more for the same wheels.
Absolutely depressing.

Joe schmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
As bad as it may seem for some of yins LE R1S reservation holders, those of us that didn't go LE are going to have it worse.
I could have gone LE, but I was sold on that Max Pack with its 400+mile range. It would roll out about 6 months after the LE, and I could wait that long I said.
Now I will wait longer for the same battery size, minus the cool yellow accents, and perhaps even pay more for the same wheels.
Absolutely depressing.
I’m in exactly the same position, not in a “preferred” market, was willing to wait for the non-LE max pack and 5 seat configuration when told it was six months. My preorder date was 10/6/2019.

Sigh.

it makes me think of this classic bit of cinematic art when I reflect on my choices.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

They never promised any timeline on the R1S Max Pack, nor have they ever taken orders for it. All they provided was vague guidance that more information would be provided after launch. Only the R1T indicated Max Pack would be available 6 months after Launch Edition (January 2022 vs. July 2021 :giggle:).

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

I think quite a few of us wanted the max pack and skipped the LE for that reason.
After all, it made sense. The promise of 400 miles sounded solid and backed by a company that seemed to care.
Besides an awesome vehicle design, the main factor for me was the longer range.
They did what they had to do. The fact that the max pack is not even an option is unfortunate for any of us that do long road trips and/or like to be very remote.
I guess we still get the old pricing…

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
I did not get LE for 2 reasons.
1- The 400 range
2- I thought the LE only came in launch green lol

Sponsored

Fast911

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 lightning
I am still waiting for the wife’s R1S. Delayed till oct/dec 2022 but in the mean time my Ford F-150 lightning got picked up from the dealer on 6/22. I wanted a truck and found that the lightning suited my needs more than the R1T. I still have another reservation for the R1T max pack due sometime in 2023, so more options are always good.

I reserved the Ford on 5/19/2021 and delivered on 6/22/2022 in Northern California. Well done @Ford motor company!

Rivian R1T R1S R1S updated estimated delivery window email (received June 11) 06A74132-6688-48CB-83A8-E79DEA8112A2

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I’m in exactly the same position, not in a “preferred” market, was willing to wait for the non-LE max pack and 5 seat configuration when told it was six months. My preorder date was 10/6/2019.

Sigh.

it makes me think of this classic bit of cinematic art when I reflect on my choices.
Remember, good stories come from bad decisions!!!!

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
They never promised any timeline on the R1S Max Pack, nor have they ever taken orders for it. All they provided was vague guidance that more information would be provided after launch. Only the R1T indicated Max Pack would be available 6 months after Launch Edition (January 2022 vs. July 2021 :giggle:).
They didn't promise a date, but they did say that Rivian would announce the timing of a "longer range R1S after launch". Launch was supposed to be August 2021 for the R1S.
If they had said they wouldn't be offering a longer range R1S in 2021 or 2022 (maybe even 2023), then many of us would have gone for the LE. I know I would have.

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Has anyone received an updated timeline this week?

There were a flurry of updates after Tony's email on June 11 but I haven't heard of more coming in.

It seems that Rivian again seems intent on failing to meet its 2 week window of updating folks (which is the third such miss on updates since late April).

Joe schmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Remember, good stories come from bad decisions!!!!
This is indisputably true.

To rub salt in my metaphorical wounds, I saw a launch green R1T in my neighborhood today.

i live squarely in the middle of “flyover country,” so I expected somewhat of a delay for infrastructure

I bought my Tesla when there were no superchargers (or public fast chargers) remotely within the car’s range. It was almost three years before the first supercharger was installed within 200 miles of my house.

Tesla, for its many, many faults, was and is vastly better at communicating and managing customer expectations IMHO.
Sponsored