Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

They indeed might start building (customer, not employee) cars in October. But I'm also a February 2019 reservation and they told me August-September for my R1S LE and I'm willing to believe that they - as of last weekend - believed that they would make that window. Yeah, they've missed every other estimate...but the estimates are getting closer to current day and the slips are getting smaller. I perceive that they are asymptomatically approaching building a R1S for me. :)
Asymptotically. (Why does a Banana Slug like me even know this word?)
Sponsored

Last edited:

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Has anyone received a delivery window update since the first batch went out Saturday 6/11? It doesn't seem like anyone has reported an update since. Rivian says the emails are coming in batches, my guess is we will see more updates this Saturday 6/18.
Knowing Rivian, they won’t send another batch for a month or two, but will keep saying they’re coming soon.

Joe schmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S

Joe schmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Yep, they’ll send an email right after the two week window, saying they really meant in July all along.

Then they’ll increase the chocolate ration from thirty to 25 grams

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Nothing yet…

Sponsored

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Same. I still don’t have an update either (LE R1S, Nov. 2020 order, El Cap and BM interior).

It seems there were reports of a bunch of updates last Saturday afternoon and then a few more Sunday but the work week was silent.

I was driving my wife’s Palisade today and she had the shade for the rear sunroof open and it has me worried how I am going to handle a full pano roof with now interior cover. It just seems to get hot and sunny.

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
Asymptotically. (Why does a Banana Slug like me even know this word?)
Hey - you're retired now - let it go :)

Reactions: Jac

Joe schmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Nothing yet…
Bump (again).

Still very interested in any R1S updates.

I really wish that Rivian would be upfront, and try to explain the algorithm.

Maybe things like:

“if you’re in one of these 10 markets, you might see a vehicle in the next 6-9 months. Otherwise expect a year or more.”

”We ran out of 20” tires, so if you want a truck this year, stop asking for that.”

“Hank in accounting promised to order back windows for the SUV, but then he got sick and forgot, so we won’t have any for at least six months.”

Just a suggestion.

rlawsoncrew

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Farmer
Bump (again).

Still very interested in any R1S updates.

I really wish that Rivian would be upfront, and try to explain the algorithm.

Maybe things like:

“if you’re in one of these 10 markets, you might see a vehicle in the next 6-9 months. Otherwise expect a year or more.”

”We ran out of 20” tires, so if you want a truck this year, stop asking for that.”

“Hank in accounting promised to order back windows for the SUV, but then he got sick and forgot, so we won’t have any for at least six months.”

Just a suggestion.
Or possibly, " Jeff wants Vans, lots of Vans and Wall Street wants to see we can actually deliver trucks. Well..., we wanted to make SUVs too, but...., I guess not. Tell them it's 'cause of Covid, or supply chain, or..., JUST TELL THEM SOMETHING!!!"

Possible explanation? Of course my R1S may be permanently delayed by this comment. I hope not, I love the car. Not a huge fan of the leadership in this company.

Picard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, X5 45E
This past Friday, I asked CS if they had any ETA for those of us R1S LE owners with no updated windows. The response was that "they have not generated the windows for us yet".. Not sure what HAL 9000 at Normal is up to but surely, this cannot be as complicated as Rivian is making it out to be. Stretching out bad news only makes it worse.

Sponsored

rlawsoncrew

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Farmer
I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you... HAL

JoBo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 C8, 2018 Raptor
At this point I think I'll get my Hummer EV3x before receiving the Rivian. Such a disappointment. I wouldn't doubt they are heading to bankruptcy if they can't get out in front of all the other EV's that are coming.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

This past Friday, I asked CS if they had any ETA for those of us R1S LE owners with no updated windows. The response was that "they have not generated the windows for us yet".. Not sure what HAL 9000 at Normal is up to but surely, this cannot be as complicated as Rivian is making it out to be. Stretching out bad news only makes it worse.
It is the way

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you... HAL
Such optimism

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your delay.

I have the exact same configuration you have but you have been in line several months ahead of me. I am 10 minutes from the Costa Mesa service center and have the same window as you.
it may be, based on internet detectives, that they will be prioritizing east coast deliveries of the R1S first, then swinging left. the logic being they prioritized west coast deliveries of the R1T, then swung right.
Sponsored