Sponsored

MichaelD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sprinter 4x4 camper van (170)
Rivian said:
Your Launch Edition R1S estimated delivery window is October - December 2022
From May-June to Oct-Dec. I'm glad I bought an EV6 2 weeks back.

Comstockery

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S (launch green, 22" dark); Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Attorney
Clubs

Wow I'm may 19 in DC as well area R1S and my may to June window is now October to December
Could be the configuration. Mine is Limestone, Black Mountain, 22" bright. I might want to change the exterior color. Not sure how that might impact the delivery date.

Notaevfan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, Silverado 2500, E39 M5, e34 M5, E36 M3,
Occupation
Home Builder
From what I can tell.... earliest production R1S will be the ones with under body protection. But if we learned anything from the T, everything is subject to change based on how ramp up goes. Some colors may take longer, some options may take longer, interior colors, etc. Some of us have been given a new window, but we can't rely on that window for anything other than Rivians best guess at this point. We should all set our expectations based on the R1T roll out.

3l3c7r1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited, 2012 Honda CR-V
My guess is that Southern California has way more early orders due to the event being there in 2018 (and population) and that makes the difference for a Feb 2019 order in Twin Cities being ahead of one in LA.
They are probably trying to distribute the load among their service center. That's why NC and OH people seems like getting higher precedence than west coast locations where there are more people in the queue.

Last edited:

Sponsored

rivianguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
October 2019 R1S LE reservation holder. Original config LA Silver, Ocean Coast, 22 inch sport bright, no skid plate. Changed config many times but finally settled on El Cap Granite, BM interior, 22 inch sport bright and skid plate. Also got cross rails and charger as accessories.

Original delivery estimate: June/July 2022
New delivery estimate: August/September 2022

Seattle area.

UT Rivian

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMWM2
August 2019 LE order—El Cap/BM/22” sport bright. I haven’t changed my configuration since day 1. I’m in Salt Lake where the service center has been open for some time now.

Was in the June/July group and got moved to October-December like a lot of others.

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
On a positive note all R1S can get ocean coast without a taking a delay:p
Do we think the "Fall" guidance still holds?

Anyone with an OC interior get an updated delivery window for 2022? I wasn't seeing any as I scanned configs.

@Moderator: It would be helpful to have a spreadsheet to track config, order date, and new delivery window (or update the existing one).

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Could be the configuration. Mine is Limestone, Black Mountain, 22" bright. I might want to change the exterior color. Not sure how that might impact the delivery date.

I'm basic AF, white with BM and 22s

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

From July-Sept (original window with Ocean Coast), to October-December. Northeast Florida. We'll see...

Sponsored

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
3/19 order date, RB R1S with 22”dark and OC. Original delivery window May/June ‘22. No update.

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
Reading through all of this, one poster pointed out there really is no competitive offering to the R1S. While the R1T, on the other hand, has the Ford F-150 Lightning breathing down its neck.

With that in mind, it wouldn't surprise me if Rivian is making the strategic decision to focus all available capacity to producing R1T's - and delay the R1S. Where are we R1S reservation holders going to go? There's nothing close to this full-sized electric SUV in the market.

I placed my reservation for an R1S on day 1, and thus had the earliest delivery windows when they first came out (March-April). The fact that I'm now shifting to August-September tells me they aren't delivering any R1S to customers until August. That could be supply constraints, or it could be a strategic decision to focus on the more competitive market. Pure speculation on my part.

edit: And after reviewing the similar thread on R1T's, it does appear several R1T res holders are actually moving to an earlier delivery window - supporting the thinking. Or as one poster put it "R1T's moving left and R1S' moving right" - in terms of the calendar I assume.

Last edited:

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
LE R1S with original July-September estimate. I didn’t get the new delivery estimate email. Just chatted with CS to see if they could provide any insight and was told that my window was “affected” and there is no new estimate for my vehicle.

mkennedy1996

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model X, Model Y
Tesla model year is from 1/1 to 12/31. I’m pretty sure it’ll be the same for Rivian. Hopefully like Tesla, they won’t wait 3 or 4 years to make changes to their vehicles and implement them as they come up.
2022 or 2023 will most likely be exactly the same and resale value won’t be much different besides mileage (if that even matters by then).
Tesla used to be that way, but now changes the model year in the fall quite often. For example, our Model Y was delivered 1 Dec 2020, but is a 2021 model year.

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
LE R1S with original July-September estimate. I didn’t get the new delivery estimate email. Just chatted with CS to see if they could provide any insight and was told that my window was “affected” and there is no new estimate for my vehicle.
I also have an LE with the same window. Still no new window or update. I’ll be real frustrated if we are days or weeks away from an update when everyone else got one.
Sponsored