Sponsored

Jagger027

First Name
Jagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S and Palisade
I'm taking the delivery on Wednesday and got the email as well saying August - September 2022.
I'm pretty sure that all of you with the guide assigned and PBA signed should just disregard the email.
Taking delivery of R1S or R1T?

bkswede

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 BMW X5 M50i 2017 Camaro ZL1 1963 Chevy II
Occupation
CPA
R1S LE, El Cap, BM, 22” Bright, Underbody, 2/19 Pre-Order in Twin Cities (10 miles from service center)

original delivery window of May/June

new delivery window August/September

Pleasantly surprised with my new delivery estimate… had my first mile test drive today and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing some media reports on the R1S and hope they’re able to make the new windows.

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
My R1S LE delivery date was updated to August - September 2022 from July - September 2022, so not much movement. I placed my reservation in June 2020 and I live in the DC area.
You have a June 2020 order and got an August-September slot? Is Rivian high?

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
You have a June 2020 order and got an August-September slot? Is Rivian high?
There’s something off there. LE window has closed long before June 2020, hadn’t it?

Sponsored

johnking

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, R1S
Got the email with updated delivery timing. Aug to Sept 2022.

Pre order was placed in Sept 2019. R1S LE with Launch Green + Black interior as the current configuration. Will check with the guide (when assigned) about the other color options and the potential corresponding delays associated.

In as much as it is exciting, I will not get my hopes up and will be patient with Rivian.

2 reasons for my patience:

1. The Product: A couple colleagues at work who have their R1Ts showed us around their vehicles and these are awesome vehicles. Rode on one of these and it so quiet compared to my Model X, smooth suspension, utilitarian use of space and the list goes on. In short, the product will speak for itself. So it is worth the wait.

2. Quality keeps increasing day day. Of the two R1Ts, one was a service loaner and it is one of the early builds. My colleague mentioned that the loaner has some visible defects but his R1T was better in fit and finish. So, the initial builds going to voluntary testers (read as employees) in the company to get feedback and improve the product.

Since I have a ride right now, I am not concerned if there are further delays. I will make my final decision only after I have a test drive of the R1S.

Rivian giving us an estimate for the LE itself is a great win compared to the many vague emails so far, the pricing debacle that we have been thru and the many times we have been told 'Around the corner' :) .

johnking

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, R1S
There’s something off there. LE window has closed long before June 2020, hadn’t it?
Probably they can deliver some non-LEs as well it looks like.

kyunam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 LS 400, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
not sure what I'm doing
Clubs

My R1S is moved from June-July to Oct-Dec.

Can someone explain what `R1 Shop` means to me at this point?

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Occupation
Neurologist
May-June changed to Oct-Dec.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I'm taking the delivery on Wednesday and got the email as well saying August - September 2022.
I'm pretty sure that all of you with the guide assigned and PBA signed should just disregard the email.
This thread is for R1S, you appear to be taking delivery of an R1T…?

Sponsored

dfx

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 LandCruiser, 2015 Model S 70D
Similar to many others I was originally Jun/Jul and am now Oct-Dec. Not too bad. As much as many of us can't wait to get the vehicle, I'd rather not be in the first 2 months of the rollout. Build quality seems to improve as time goes on.
R1S LE Nov 2019
Northern Illinois

ARMadventures

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, Navigator
Occupation
Logistics
April-May is now Oct-Dec 2022…. Going to have a hard time satisfying my boredom in the meantime …

at least I saw a few R1S vehicles in Michigan today…. No plates on them
Rivian R1T R1S R1S updated estimated delivery window email (received June 11) 3EEDA9B0-6488-45C3-B76A-D2E68332BA10

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
Can someone explain what `R1 Shop` means to me at this point?
Nothing. The Shop is predicated on there being orphaned vehicles. It's going to be a while before that's the case for the R1S.

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I didn't get an updated R1S delivery, so guess I gotta wait for 3-4 more weeks. Time to buy some puts....
"Over the next two weeks, we'll share delivery windows with R1S customers who have updated delivery timing in 2022, or who previously had windows in 2022 that will be shifting later. For all other preorder holders, expect updates on your delivery timing through the end of summer."
End of summer is September 21; closer to 12 weeks.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Got a message around 3pm that I would receive an update in the next two weeks like most and 3 hours later received a new delivery timeline for my R1S LE
6 month push
Sponsored