Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S85D
Occupation
Engineer
Sound deadening material
They’re just to protect the paint on the edges as they swing interior components (dash, seats). The one with the big green R is a of protecting the fender from anyone/anything bumping into it. Looks like they’re on magnets or suction cups.
Sponsored

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
Does the paper taped to the front say "#2"? Is this only the 2nd R1S to be built on this production line?

(full page appears to say "#2 ALS ONLY", no idea what ALS means; assembly line setup?)

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
This particular R1S inspired RJ to take a picture and tweet it out. It makes sense that it would be a brand new line, and one of the first.

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I know others had complained about the size of the brakes... but I love the size of those front calipers.
I think they're smaller than the show trucks! I'd be overjoyed if they would allow an 18" wheel to fit. That alone might cause me to have 2 different wheel/tire combos.

Last edited:

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I love the blue in the photo. I assume it is "Rivian Blue" but it looks a little darker which appeals to me, I always thought Rivian Blue was too bright, but my wife likes it so that is the preorder.

Funny how the lighting can change things.
I changed my config to Rivian Blue and am hoping its more like that photo. I know the lighting condition it's in will make that change, but some photos look super teal and as much as I want to be driving in a moving tiffany's box, I'd rather it be slightly darker.
Yes, it's Rivian blue & I've seen it in person on the truck. It's a very cool color in person & actually looks darker than this picture in certain lighting...definitely a far cry from Tiffany blue. Although it looks somewhat flat in most pics (and even some in person), there's actually some metal flake in the paint as well.

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Rivian R1T LE
Yes, it's Rivian blue & I've seen it in person on the truck. It's a very cool color in person & actually looks darker than this picture in certain lighting...definitely a far cry from Tiffany blue. Although it looks somewhat flat in most pics (and even some in person), there's actually some metal flake in the paint as well.
Maybe not quite dark enough to be Duke blue... but close enough for me to pay the $2500 premium.

johnking

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, R1S
Folks - Did you look at this on Twitter ? Just can't wait to have it. I am battling against my desire to buy the new X or wait and get the R1S. The more and more I look at the Rivian pics coming from the factory, I am leaning a lot on the R1S' side !

Sponsored