Sales

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Youā€™ve already mentally prepared yourself, so it did happen earlier in the thread that someone picked one from the shop and didnā€™t get it cause they were a little slower than the other person who picked it. Who knows though and they are cranking them out.
Do you recall how far back in this thread? Would love to read about it. I went back to page 90 and started reading but didnā€™t see anything. Do you remember the end result for this individual?

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Another post to help reduce stress about low VINs...

When I bought a Tesla Roadster, I got VIN 690. When I bought a Model S, I got VIN 112. Neither was perfect, but both were FANTASTIC ownership experiences and I have absolutely no regrets. My Dad and a couple of friends got Nissan Leafs in the 1k - 3k VIN range; same story.

Maybe low VINs have more problems on average than higher VINs. (Maybe not, as the factory may do more QC at first, and may not have started all of the cost-reduction and production-speed procedures yet, which often have a negative affect on quality). But even if so...most cars in both categories are just fine. You hear about problem cars, and they really exist, but they are in the minority for both cases. And they are in both cases...a later VIN is no guarantee that you won't have any issues.

Chances are you are going to be really happy with your car.
1st world worries

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Do you recall how far back in this thread? Would love to read about it. I went back to page 90 and started reading but didnā€™t see anything. Do you remember the end result for this individual?
Time for a Venti late and reading glasses...let's go

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s

Sponsored

BG_ATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cadillac CTS
4 GW, none with OC. There was a FE with the 21in wheels this morning for maybe an hour.

Screenshot_20230514-130817.png
I was able to get a Glacier White with OC yesterday in the shop. It was the only GC with OC. On a separate note, I finally requested shop access on Wednesday and when I logged on Saturday morning I had it. Dec ā€˜21 order.

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales

Tarkus

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Lincoln Mark LT & '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Outdoor/Indoor E911 Wireless Engineer
I have been watching this thread and with an early Nov 2021 order date I have been thinking about reaching out to request shop access. It looks like there are few 21" wheels (we want for the range). Could be flexible on color (though white with FE interior, srsly?). Any downside to asking for shop access at this point? I would really like to get something landed before I file taxes in Oct.
Might as well wait TB. I've tried 3 times for Shop Access, struck out 3 times... :cool:

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Might as well wait TB. I've tried 3 times for Shop Access, struck out 3 times... :cool:
I seem to have struck out at the First Drive like you did. I also went on and tried an email to customer service this last Thursday night. So far I have only gotten the automated response that they would try to answer me within 1-2 business days. I also tried a CS chat yesterday (Saturday). The guy said he would put in a request and note my flexibility but couldn't promise anything. Don't have shop access as of Sunday evening. I would say it might just be that ATL is particularly tight, but at least one other person in this thread has gotten access in ATL recently.

Really not the end of the world for me, but I would certainly like it sooner than later. As I think I've said before in this thread, my current car is a 12+ year old Q5 that's got only 126k miles but that is well into the "expensive repairs are just a matter of time" phase of its life.

Freddie

First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Same here! Looking for that one happy CS rep who could bless us with the shop access šŸ˜„ Looks like Rivian wants some of us to be on improvised battery tech like Na+ion or NDB šŸ˜‰

Sponsored

Alieti

First Name
Sina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I4, Rivian R1S
Thanks to everyone who helped out in this thread. Was a oct 21 preorder, got shop access last week, locking in a launch green, FE interior with 22 brights the next day, picked up from the service center 3 days later. Got it home today!!! Great in every way. Was a very low Vin for the 2023 model year, 221. Has meridian sound system which sounds great. Good luck every one

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! 8E367612-A91A-4964-9222-C3A1A691DE9A

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! 3CDD014E-B968-403A-8F46-01014529B4B8

EileenB

First Name
Eileen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla YLR, Toyota Tacoma TRD 4WD
Occupation
Educator
I seem to have struck out at the First Drive like you did. I also went on and tried an email to customer service this last Thursday night. So far I have only gotten the automated response that they would try to answer me within 1-2 business days. I also tried a CS chat yesterday (Saturday). The guy said he would put in a request and note my flexibility but couldn't promise anything. Don't have shop access as of Sunday evening. I would say it might just be that ATL is particularly tight, but at least one other person in this thread has gotten access in ATL recently.

Really not the end of the world for me, but I would certainly like it sooner than later. As I think I've said before in this thread, my current car is a 12+ year old Q5 that's got only 126k miles but that is well into the "expensive repairs are just a matter of time" phase of its life.
I donā€™t think youā€™ll gain access on a weekend. My guide told me it is manually done by someone other than the guides or cs and I donā€™t think that staff works on the weekend. Iā€™ve seen it take anywhere from a couple of days to about a week. Keep checking. Good luck.

EileenB

First Name
Eileen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla YLR, Toyota Tacoma TRD 4WD
Occupation
Educator
Thanks to everyone who helped out in this thread. Was a oct 21 preorder, got shop access last week, locking in a launch green, FE interior with 22 brights the next day, picked up from the service center 3 days later. Got it home today!!! Great in every way. Was a very low Vin for the 2023 model year, 221. Has meridian sound system which sounds great. Good luck every one

8E367612-A91A-4964-9222-C3A1A691DE9A.jpeg

3CDD014E-B968-403A-8F46-01014529B4B8.jpeg
Does it have the 12v under the dash too or the one in the frunk?

robertrivian

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Porsche Cayenne GTS, 2023 R1T on order
Clubs

4 GW, none with OC. There was a FE with the 21in wheels this morning for maybe an hour.

Screenshot_20230514-130817.png
I got a GW, OC 20ā€At and adventure package last Thursday. Hadnā€™t seen once before for a long while. Now the question is when does it catch the southbound train to Atlanta?
Hopefully next week.

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Congratulations!!! That is a very low VIN. I wonder why some take so long to make it for sale from production.
Sponsored

Last edited: