Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Completely agree. I wasn't going to do a First Mile drive, but went for it after hearing about the lead list. I did the drive last Saturday and confirmed my configuration yesterday after having a 4Q23 estimate after the last update
That someAllenguy just became "THE"Allenguy.... congrats
Sponsored

someallenguy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

That someAllenguy just became "THE"Allenguy.... congrats
haha thanks! I feel bad about jumping the line, but my mom's car is on its last legs so I'm going to send her my Model 3 as soon as I take delivery. Stopped her from buying a Prius :)

Southern R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (LE/GW/OC/20"AT), Lexus GX 460 Luxury
Occupation
Builder
haha thanks! I feel bad about jumping the line, but my mom's car is on its last legs so I'm going to send her my Model 3 as soon as I take delivery. Stopped her from buying a Prius :)
That's a very good man to take care of your mother like that -- props to you bro!

At the risk of going too far off-topic, I will say that the new Prius is absolutely beautiful (which is something I never thought I would say -- I drove an older one for years and always hated the design) & I would personally buy the 2023 Prius over a 2023 Model 3 if making the purchase today (I still can't get over the fact Tesla removed ultrasonic sensors -- an active safety feature -- to cut costs).

That's of course neither here nor there since you already own the Tesla you're giving to her (hopefully an older build before they deleted USS), and hope she loves the car!
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! 1683904396842

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! 1683904462281

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! 1683904421523

R1Ser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 530e
Clubs

For the forum's benefit - I requested shop access a couple days ago (May '21 preorder with a delivery window of Aug-Sept), and my access was granted the next day (i.e., yesterday), and from the bunch of R1Ses that were released yesterday in the shop, I picked one!

Although I pre-ordered the 21" wheels, I wanted to get the 20" since the tire options were more (huge props to the forum on enlightening me on this). I was super skeptical about the All terrain upgrade since the range would take a hit with the RUS along with the tires as such. Pulled the trigger after some research yesterday!

We love the Glacier White with the 20" tires! What a solid combination!

Preorder: Adventure El Cap w/ 21" wheels
Purchased: Adventure Glacier White w/ All Terrain Package

Sponsored

s00n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S - Jeep LJ Rubicon - R1S
A heads up to those who found an R1 in the Shop - The (so far over) 3 week wait from VIN to delivery (TBD) has felt longer than the previous 3 year wait. Just want to mentally prepare you guys. 😛

someallenguy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

That's a very good man to take care of your mother like that -- props to you bro!

At the risk of going too far off-topic, I will say that the new Prius is absolutely beautiful (which is something I never thought I would say -- I drove an older one for years and always hated the design) & I would personally buy the 2023 Prius over a 2023 Model 3 if making the purchase today (I still can't get over the fact Tesla removed ultrasonic sensors -- an active safety feature -- to cut costs).

That's of course neither here nor there since you already own the Tesla you're giving to her (hopefully an older build before they deleted USS), and hope she loves the car!

(pic snip)
Yup, mine's a 2019 so it still has the sensors. Aside from a squeaky steering wheel it's been a really good car. Just needed something bigger so we could get rid of the ole minivan.

After my first mile drive, I really appreciated how well appointed the R1S was compared to the 3 though even if it is a little floatier :)

Tmack7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,Subaru Ascent
Not worth the risk. I will check with the guide tomorrow if they can make any overrides but I am sure they will tell me that I did not qualify for LE pricing when I put my original order in.

Ultimately I would rather wait for my original configuration unless Rivian wants to sweeten the deal with LE pricing / upgrade with the standard 20" all terrains.

The benefit of waiting will be hopefully I can get the small v2 upgrades whatever that ends up being later in the year going into the line. Probably a different camera or something pointless lol.

The main benefit will be a slightly more refined/buttoned up build as ramp up takes place
Did you check with your guide?
I asked and got this response:

Your order is marked with the pre-price increase rule set so if the wheel is included the pricing should adjust when the vehicle is selected.

Stay adventurous,

Asked for clarification and got this:

I would take the website pricing as is and not expect any discount then.
I've not had to make any pricing adjustments for anyone that has selected a vehicle from the R1Shop so if you are logged in to your account you would be seeing the correct pricing for the vehicle.

Last edited:

WestRivian7000

First Name
Mahesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
NONE
Clubs

Ah, the twists and turns in this thread just keep getting better. A few weeks ago, @Mygrain was denied Shop access -- 4 years after reserving -- because his guide said the Shop invitations were restricted to Launch Edition preorder holders only. Then this week, @R1Serenity (nothing personal) requested Shop access via CS Chat -- 18 months after reserving -- then got access and snagged a Launch Edition that Rivian recently built for the Shop. I love this thread!
It sucks that the process seems so random. For those of you still waiting to get a guide, a sure way to get a guide assigned is to put in a additional reservation for a truck and you will have a guide assigned in no time.

R1Ser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 530e
Clubs

I posted details on that a bit higher up in the thread, and quoted it with my response, it somehow didn’t show up.

anyways, I requested shop access on a CS chat and the rep put in a request with no timeframe, it just showed up the next day.

Before that, I was denied a month ago. But it’s noteworthy that my delivery window was pulled in and probably because I have it in the next few months, they allowed me?

What’s your preorder date/delivery window?

let me know in I missed other details or you’d like more. Happy to help.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Don't feel bad. Just enjoy

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

For the forum's benefit - I requested shop access a couple days ago (May '21 preorder with a delivery window of Aug-Sept), and my access was granted the next day (i.e., yesterday), and from the bunch of R1Ses that were released yesterday in the shop, I picked one!

Although I pre-ordered the 21" wheels, I wanted to get the 20" since the tire options were more (huge props to the forum on enlightening me on this). I was super skeptical about the All terrain upgrade since the range would take a hit with the RUS along with the tires as such. Pulled the trigger after some research yesterday!

We love the Glacier White with the 20" tires! What a solid combination!

Preorder: Adventure El Cap w/ 21" wheels
Purchased: Adventure Glacier White w/ All Terrain Package
Another winner!!!!

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

A heads up to those who found an R1 in the Shop - The (so far over) 3 week wait from VIN to delivery (TBD) has felt longer than the previous 3 year wait. Just want to mentally prepare you guys. 😛
Is the good pain

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

What's your preorder date?
Sponsored