First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I don’t know if this would be the thread to ask, but I was just matched to a LE RB. The R1S price is $78000 but after they add the destination and doc fees, it puts me at $80,025. Do you know if when considering qualifying for the 2023 tax incentive, do they add on the destination and doc fees? Rivian is taxing me on those items too and someone indicated they are considered part of the MSRP? Unfortunately, my tax guy is busy and unable to respond right now. The “sticker” my guide offered to try and help shows the destination fee but not the doc fee, which would put me just under the $80K cap. (Unfortunately, I missed the opportunity to secure the tax incentive for 2022 back in August)

Thanks for any info anyone may have on this topic.
The destination fee is not part of the MSRP, for you it is the 78k number above the destination charge.
Sponsored

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

EileenB

First Name
Eileen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla YLR, Toyota Tacoma TRD 4WD
Occupation
Educator
See this page on the IRS website.

1683757188817.png

It's not entirely clear to me how to interpret the fact that Rivian basically has two different MSRPs that could theoretically apply to the same VIN (i.e., the same truck in the shop will have a different "MSRP" depending on whether the person who selects it has pre-hike or post-hike pricing), but since the Monroney (window) sticker is required by law to reflect MSRP I think most folks have gotten comfortable enough relying on that number representing the MSRP for credit purposes.
The sticker has been provided to me by my guide, and it does show $78000 as subtotal and then adds the destination fee for a grand total, so I guess that is my proof of MSRP. The “sticker” doesn’t actually say MSRP but as Listed as Options and Pricing. Thanks for the link!

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
Congrats!!!

What specs did you end up with?
LE RC, 22” Brights, OC, RUS.

My config was Adv RC, 21” road, OC, RUS, spare

So basically no spare but launch edition, wheel upgrade for similar price.

Last edited:

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
The sticker has been provided to me by my guide, and it does show $78000 as subtotal and then adds the destination fee for a grand total, so I guess that is my proof of MSRP. The “sticker” doesn’t actually say MSRP but as Listed as Options and Pricing. Thanks for the link!
Btw Congrats!

Sponsored

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

So basically no spare but launch edition, wheel upgrade for the similar price.
Solid build. Did you always want RC paint?

RC / OC looks very nice.

909phillyman

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian r1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

LET'S FRICKIN' GOOOOOO!!! I saw that big dump of R1S' around 11a PT today and jumped on the first one in my list, which was my config, but with the added "bonus" of a LE, as well as underbody shield. I was originally just an Adventure Pkg no LE, so the wheel upgrade was included, but the shield was extra...so those costs balanced each other out. All-in-all, it was basically right on the money as far as my config is concerned, AAAND, it's the same price as what I had, so that's a win-win. Wanted to stay under $80k even though I signed the August agreement, but wasn't taking any chances with the finicky IRS and their constant 'clarifications'. VIN is 2023-93xx!!! She must have just rolled off the line!!! See my sig for my config...

Thanks to all those that posted the last few months, you helped me a great deal in strategy and tactics to get this. Ultimately, what worked for me, was I initially asked my Guide for Shop access (which was initially a dead-end), then went on an R1S test drive on 4/20/23 that I was invited to. During and after the test drive, I asked multiple reps for access, then I asked my Guide again last week 5/1/23...and access was granted the next day. The shop had been empty 99% of the time until this morning when they dropped a ton! Now I'm in the 8-step process!

Screenshot_20230508_112249_Chrome.jpg
Wow...I made my selection from the shop on Monday, and today UPS delivered my charger!!! SWEEEET! I've already completed all steps except full payment and scheduling delivery. Hopefully delivery scheduling will open up in the next couple days. I'm definitely excited, but have mentally built-in a 3 week timeframe just to temper expectations. Sooner is better though!!!

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! 20230510_144334

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
Solid build. Did you always want RC paint?

RC / OC looks very nice.
Nah. I took delivery of a FG R1T July 2022 and service center let us peek at a RC in a service bay, was surprised how much we liked it. Went
El Cap -> RB -> RC(locked)
I was nervous about a red vehicle that was a popo magnet but it’s the one I like the most as it changes dynamically. Honestly all the Rivian colors are good. My final list was for R1S was 1) RC 2) RB 3) LG.

22 brights are my fav look but wasn’t super interested in paying more for less range and I like the 21s.

Agree pairing with OC is awesome but I would have taken BM too.

Last edited:

Snuggles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE
Clubs

I actually prefer the 21's. I'll probably try to swap with someone local or order them and sell those.
Hello, we have R1S LE with 21s. I'm looking to swap our 21s for 22s and I'm located in Renton, WA. Please let me know if you are interested, thank you.

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

for those who've enjoyed R1S Shop access for a while can you say how many weeks you're able to maintain shop access before you lose it?

Tarkus

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Lincoln Mark LT & '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Outdoor/Indoor E911 Wireless Engineer
Last I read, you keep R1Shop access until you pick from the shop & are assigned a VIN or your original configuration goes into production. Whichever comes first kicks you out of the R1Shop. :cool:

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

for those who've enjoyed R1S Shop access for a while can you say how many weeks you're able to maintain shop access before you lose it?
U don't lose it unless u select vehicle or yours is being built in Normal

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Last I read, you keep R1Shop access until you pick from the shop & are assigned a VIN or your original configuration goes into production. Whichever comes first kicks you out of the R1Shop. :cool:
Crap....what Tarkus said

athlon64x2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Audi S4
Clubs

awesome .. this is exactly what I want. I have 21s but launch edition with upgraded wheels is good too !

So basically no spare but launch edition, wheel upgrade for similar price.
Sponsored