oskeei

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Duramax Silverado, French's Mustard Yellow R1S
Clubs

Neither, actually. I just requested the customer support for shop access and they placed a request, pending approval, apparently. It’s not guaranteed, so I posted here.

My delivery is in Aug though. Just wanted to see if I could request an expedited delivery through the shop access, by a few more weeks, given my specific situation.
I think a lot of folks also went this route even though customer support told me three separate times from three different individuals that they did NOT have the ability to request shop access. Give it a week I would say. If you have the contact info for the customer support POC, also does not hurt to follow up if you don't see anything after five days.

If you are willing to pick up in Normal, I think that goes a long way as it seems there is a shipping bottleneck based on how many T's and S's I saw in the holding area by the train yard a couple weeks ago when I visited the factory. Even though the factory staff may not like it, I'm sure Rivian would love for folks to pick it up locally in Normal, IL as it saves $$$ (not for you) and time for them and you.
Sponsored

Progolfer82

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Audi E-Tron Prestige & Tesla Y
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! 1683746545294

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

QUOTE="McMoo, post: 329802, member: 1731"]
Selected from the shop Monday and picking up from the factory Friday!
Early 2nd quarter push......let's go

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Sportage
Clubs

I missed it, I only see silver -- which is my least favorite. Will wait for the next round.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Excellent to see more and more 2021 preorders getting access to the shop. Congrats! Means Rivian's starting to make a real dent in that backlog of R1Ss!
Damn right