Mayur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Consultant
Clubs

Selected from the shop Monday and picking up from the factory Friday!
I reserved my car on Monday as well. Done with all the steps. Guide tells me since my car is just of the production line, it would be 2-3 weeks before I can set a delivery date
Sponsored

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
I reserved my car on Monday as well. Done with all the steps. Guide tells me since my car is just of the production line, it would be 2-3 weeks before I can set a delivery date
Mine said it was in PDI (pre delivery inspection) and that I’d hear late this week or early next week to schedule a delivery. Well about an hour later I got an email to schedule delivery.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Sportage
Clubs

I just got access to the shop, and I see nothing in the shop. May I know when these keep popping up in the shop? I am from the northeast.

carsly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LR Defender, Tesla Model S
I just got access to the shop, and I see nothing in the shop. May I know when these keep popping up in the shop? I am from the northeast.
read the thread first.

TL;DR they seem to appear at random, usually no earlier than 8am PT/11am ET (I may be off by an hour, going on thread memory). I don't have Shop access but many others have been generous enough to post their observations with the Shop in this, and other, threads.

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Over the last few weeks the vast majority of the new inventory was added M-F between 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM eastern time. The exact time varies from day to day, but the majority seem to be added all at once sometime within that window.

They don't add new inventory every day. Monday >30 were added. Yesterday, I don't think there were any added. It seems big batches happen once or twice a week with few or no vehicles being added the other days.

You can refresh the inventory page constantly, or just subscribe to email notifications on this thread. It seems someone will post about new inventory in the shop the instant it is added. There have been days when I was refreshing the shop page every 5 minutes and yet I still got a ping from this thread before I saw the new inventory in the shop myself.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Sportage
Clubs

Over the last few weeks the vast majority of the new inventory was added M-F between 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM eastern time. The exact time varies from day to day, but the majority seem to be added all at once sometime within that window.

They don't add new inventory every day. Monday >30 were added. Yesterday, I don't think there were any added. It seems big batches happen once or twice a week with few or no vehicles being added the other days.

You can refresh the inventory page constantly, or just subscribe to email notifications on this thread. It seems someone will post about new inventory in the shop the instant it is added. There have been days when I was refreshing the shop page every 5 minutes and yet I still got a ping from this thread before I saw the new inventory in the shop myself.
Almost I am doing the same -- refreshing almost every 30 mins.. I go the access to shop after I had a chat with a representative -- No guide is assigned though.

Progolfer82

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Audi E-Tron Prestige & Tesla Y
I got shop access yesterday, and there has only been one CY. Following this thread for updates.

Tarkus

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Lincoln Mark LT & '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Outdoor/Indoor E911 Wireless Engineer
Last edited:

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Excellent to see more and more 2021 preorders getting access to the shop. Congrats! Means Rivian's starting to make a real dent in that backlog of R1Ss!

Sponsored

R1Ser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 530e
Clubs

A slight digress here but to get access to the R1S shop, how long does it take usually after a shop access request has been placed?

Progolfer82

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Audi E-Tron Prestige & Tesla Y
A slight digress here but to get access to the R1S shop, how long does it take usually after a shop access request has been placed?
It took me a couple days.

Last edited:

oskeei

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Duramax Silverado, French's Mustard Yellow R1S
Clubs

I think it really depends. It was one week (7 calendar days) for me from being told they were "trying" to get me access to when I got it. I saw someone say it was the next day after they asked.

When you say "shop access request" are you referencing stating you were open to configurations and flexible during a "first" drive or did you get confirmation you were gonna get shop access. In my read, I'm not sure anyone was told they were "guaranteed" access, it was much more ambiguous.

R1Ser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 530e
Clubs

I think it really depends. It was one week (7 calendar days) for me from being told they were "trying" to get me access to when I got it. I saw someone say it was the next day after they asked.

When you say "shop access request" are you referencing stating you were open to configurations and flexible during a "first" drive or did you get confirmation you were gonna get shop access. In my read, I'm not sure anyone was told they were "guaranteed" access, it was much more ambiguous.
Neither, actually. I just requested the customer support for shop access and they placed a request, pending approval, apparently. It’s not guaranteed, so I posted here.

My delivery is in Aug though. Just wanted to see if I could request an expedited delivery through the shop access, by a few more weeks, given my specific situation.
Sponsored