Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! 1683597314342
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I picked one today! Been watching me a hawk! Everything I wanted limestone Black and black AT wheels plus underbody shield. At this point why not! Very happy.

IMG_8676.png
Why not?!?! R u kidding? It's a damn unicorn 🦄

Sponsored

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
Black with wood.
I was very lucky with my timing. I think there was an ocean coast in limestone there as well.
I see the Darks and Brights all terrains often. I prefer regular all terrain with launch edition in Glacier White.

Hopefully I find an orphan in couple months.
One LE/One Adv

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...live-with-lots-of-inventory.12147/post-322314

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...live-with-lots-of-inventory.12147/post-320500

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti
Clubs

Thanks for sharing. I would wait till September to pick up the adventure model and probably stick with 21" for range (upgrade to 20" AT after original tires are worn). I would take the 20" AT if they were included with the launch edition I would pick up earlier.

I would be extremely tempted by the silver launch edition linked but in the end I would probably hold out for Glacier White Launch edition, 20" AT, RUS and Ocean Coast.

I am aggressively refreshing the shop to find this particular model but at the same time don't mind if it never shows up.

Alieti

First Name
Sina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I4, Rivian R1S
Just got shop access today. Almost scooped up the last CY but it was gone by the time I could. Now the shop is empty.

Sponsored

Chiqaine

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2018 Audi S6, 2014 Triumph Bonneville SE
Black with wood.
I was very lucky with my timing. I think there was an ocean coast in limestone there as well.
I got lucky on the timing and grabbed the Limestone w/ OC Launch Edition on 22" Brights yesterday. VIN 95xx...stoked! I was flip-flopping between the Brights and the Darks, but this was my original build plus the new OC interior. I can't believe they are still making Launch Editions, but that saved me $1,800 on the wheel up-charge, so no complaints here!!

Time will tell whether I regret not getting Rivian Blue or the Launch Green when I had the chance to switch!

WestRivian7000

First Name
Mahesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
NONE
Clubs

Simultaneously received a text message from the SC, gave me 3 more options. Set for Friday 3PM.
Can't wait. Finished the last few steps. uploaded check images, insurance confirmed and have the home charger installed.
Anything else you would recommend in preparation for the pickup? Planning to use the delivery checklist somebody posted here.

Southern R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (LE/GW/OC/20"AT), Lexus GX 460 Luxury
Occupation
Builder
I got lucky on the timing and grabbed the Limestone w/ OC Launch Edition on 22" Brights yesterday. VIN 95xx...stoked! I was flip-flopping between the Brights and the Darks, but this was my original build plus the new OC interior. I can't believe they are still making Launch Editions, but that saved me $1,800 on the wheel up-charge, so no complaints here!!

Time will tell whether I regret not getting Rivian Blue or the Launch Green when I had the chance to switch!
Very much personal preference and YMMV, but having seen them in person, I would personally go with Limestone over RB and LG all day. Limestone looks great on the R1S in my opinion, and much to my surprise LG was actually my least favorite color on the R1S (LG is one of my favorite colors on the R1T and as much as I tried to talk myself into going with LG for my R1S, for some reason it just looked washed out or something to me on the R1S -- again, personal preference as many folks absolutely love LG).

Even taking what I said above into account, all the colors look good at the end of the day but I think you'll be very happy with Limestone when its sitting in your garage soon.

Can't wait. Finished the last few steps. uploaded check images, insurance confirmed and have the home charger installed.
Anything else you would recommend in preparation for the pickup? Planning to use the delivery checklist somebody posted here.
Other people will give you different advice, but I would personally look for low hanging fruit (missing camp speaker, flashlight, floor mats, accessories) and major flaws (paint issues, dents, scratches, scraps, glaring panel gaps, etc.) at delivery / pickup.

I've seen the comprehensive list and while it's all good items to check, almost everything on there is a warrantable item that you can submit service tickets for later, so I tried to focus on glaring issues and other items they can easily adjust on-site when I did my pickup knowing I could get the rest corrected later. Fortunately for me, my R1S was in great condition and I've only found a handful of extremely minor / nit-picky items (most notably, a minor misalignment of the frunk hood) that I'll get corrected next time I'm at the SC.

My reasoning is to get the big items fixed (or reject delivery if they are too big), but to avoid a fiasco or slowing down the pickup process for minor items that can be resolved in a single, scheduled service appointment in the future.

Again, not everyone is going to agree with that advice as some people will refuse delivery if every single thing isn't perfect (and that's completely within their rights as this is a very expensive purchase), but I knew I wasn't going to reject delivery for anything that could be corrected under warranty after purchase so my focus was on getting it home so I could look over in more detail rather than feeling rushed / slowing things down at the SC when I did my pickup.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

I tried to focus on glaring issues and other items they can easily adjust on-site when I did my pickup knowing I could get the rest corrected later
For those who have taken delivery at the factory, does anyone have experience with getting an "issue" corrected on-site before leaving the factory? I understand that factory deliveries transpire at a smallish delivery center adjacent to the factory, not at the nearby Normal service center.
Sponsored