First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Lincoln Mark LT & '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Outdoor/Indoor E911 Wireless Engineer
Had a nice First Drive in Atlanta today. The Service Center was very busy with lots of test drives happening and several people dropping off or picking up their own R1 for service. Wife thought the R1S was very nice, comfortable to drive, but a little tricky getting in and out. Definitely gonna need running boards. First time seeing Forest Edge in person, and Rivian really does need to update their configurator/look book. The photos from owners are much more accurate, as has been noted many times on here. But this isn't the thread for all that.

During the drive I mentioned not being set on a particular configuration and having heard about the R1S and really hoping to get access to that sooner than later since my current car's getting older. No real reaction or response to any of that from the guide. As he was wrapping up everything back at the SC, he asked if I had any questions. I asked if there was any chance I could get R1S Shop access soon. He said, "I guess we'll see." Doesn't sound super promising for me to get access in the near future. Oh well. Worth a shot! Wanted to do a 2nd drive anyway.
Glad you & your wife liked the R1S. Based on my (2nd) Frist Drive this past Thursday (they invited me), I went ahead and changed back to FE interior & 21" Tires to keep $80k & get the tax write off later (amended tax return & signed agreement with Rivian last Aug). I never did get R1Shop access, oh well... :cool:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Glad you & your wife liked the R1S. Based on my (2nd) Frist Drive this past Thursday (they invited me), I went ahead and changed back to FE interior & 21" Tires to keep $80k & get the tax write off later (amended tax return & signed agreement with Rivian last Aug). I never did get R1Shop access, oh well... :cool:
Staff or manager must have tightened down putting people on the request list. Ah well. Hope Shop access shows up for you soon!

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

If signed agreement no need for $80K limit....let's add accessories!!!

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Monday 1:45 PM Eastern - 36 R1S in the shop including 3 CY (no Red Canyon for me :() - go get 'em!
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! 1683568160544

EileenB

First Name
Eileen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla YLR, Toyota Tacoma TRD 4WD
Occupation
Educator
Can someone with access to the shop post some screen shots. Curious if different between west coast and east coast too. Thanks.

Sponsored

runwithscissors

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, MDX, R1S
Why is the pre-order pricing for underbody shield, $1700 but the shop shows $2000

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Why is the pre-order pricing for underbody shield, $1700 but the shop shows $2000
Under shield pricing is different for adventure versus launch edition. Pricing is based off the trim of the vehicle in question, not what you ordered.

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I see a big pile just posted to the shop.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! Screenshot 2023-05-08 12.59.55 PM
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! Screenshot 2023-05-08 1.00.12 PM

EileenB

First Name
Eileen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla YLR, Toyota Tacoma TRD 4WD
Occupation
Educator
I see a big pile just posted to the shop.

Screenshot 2023-05-08 12.59.55 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-05-08 1.00.12 PM.png
Thanks for posting. Curious, are you on the east or west side of the US? Now if I can just get Rivian to fix the glitch on my account that has messed up my access. “404” link error message that they seem to be having difficulty fixing for the past week. Ugh!

909phillyman

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian r1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

LET'S FRICKIN' GOOOOOO!!! I saw that big dump of R1S' around 11a PT today and jumped on the first one in my list, which was my config, but with the added "bonus" of a LE, as well as underbody shield. I was originally just an Adventure Pkg no LE, so the wheel upgrade was included, but the shield was extra...so those costs balanced each other out. All-in-all, it was basically right on the money as far as my config is concerned, AAAND, it's the same price as what I had, so that's a win-win. Wanted to stay under $80k even though I signed the August agreement, but wasn't taking any chances with the finicky IRS and their constant 'clarifications'. VIN is 2023-93xx!!! She must have just rolled off the line!!! See my sig for my config...

Thanks to all those that posted the last few months, you helped me a great deal in strategy and tactics to get this. Ultimately, what worked for me, was I initially asked my Guide for Shop access (which was initially a dead-end), then went on an R1S test drive on 4/20/23 that I was invited to. During and after the test drive, I asked multiple reps for access, then I asked my Guide again last week 5/1/23...and access was granted the next day. The shop had been empty 99% of the time until this morning when they dropped a ton! Now I'm in the 8-step process!

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! Screenshot_20230508_112249_Chrome

Sponsored

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for posting. Curious, are you on the east or west side of the US? Now if I can just get Rivian to fix the glitch on my account that has messed up my access. “404” link error message that they seem to be having difficulty fixing for the past week. Ugh!
I am about half way between the coasts.

My current theory based on the screenshots people have shared, is that everyone sees the vehicles in Normal, and then once a vehicle has left Normal, only people assigned to the service center where the vehicle is located can see it. .

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
I am about half way between the coasts.

My current theory based on the screenshots people have shared, is that everyone sees the vehicles in Normal, and then once a vehicle has left Normal, only people assigned to the service center where the vehicle is located can see it. .
Correct, confirmed with my 1st guide.

Tarkus

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Lincoln Mark LT & '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Outdoor/Indoor E911 Wireless Engineer
Ugh.... 3 more CY R1S... I cannot pick from... :angry:
and Congrats to those who got their R1S thru the shop... :clap: