Sponsored

320A

First Name
Y
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
So, Confirmed my Blue R1S selection in the shop on Apr 14th. Finished all my steps by Apr 19th including finance, trade in and ready with insurance. 3 weeks on and no significant updates. Still getting a "in transit" response from the guide.
Im in the same boat, locked in my R1S via shop on 4/24, vehicle made it to Dallas in less than a week as per my guide.. now playing waiting game with no updates/estimates from my guide. He says I should get a call from the delivery team when inspections are done! Been close to 4 years of waiting.. sooo close now
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Im in the same boat, locked in my R1S via shop on 4/24, vehicle made it to Dallas in less than a week as per my guide.. now playing waiting game with no updates/estimates from my guide. He says I should get a call from the delivery team when inspections are done! Been close to 4 years of waiting.. sooo close now
Let's clear the garage!!!

robertrivian

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Porsche Cayenne GTS, 2023 R1T on order
Clubs

Has anyone seen any new shop inventory as mine shows just one and it has been there for over a week?

Jeevesbond

First Name
Jb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla y
So ive had shop access and everytime i check it shows nothing in shop. Is this an error or does it change based on location youre i ?

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

So ive had shop access and everytime i check it shows nothing in shop. Is this an error or does it change based on location youre i ?
Yes..keep checking at random times.

Sponsored

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Randomly checked our Rivian account and they gave us access to the shop without notice.
BayArea - shop is empty

robertrivian

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Porsche Cayenne GTS, 2023 R1T on order
Clubs

I’m in Atlanta and we have had the same RB BM R1S for a week in there. I saw a white and a black for like a minute and then nothing for over a week. The volume has gone to nothing g in the shop. I did check with Rivian, seems like they handed out invites to tons of folks with limited inventory. I guess I keep updating the page until I see a change.

EileenB

First Name
Eileen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla YLR, Toyota Tacoma TRD 4WD
Occupation
Educator
Received the email this morning. Gave me only one date for pickup. MAY 9TH at the service center.

Screenshot_20230506_113335_Gmail~2.jpg
I’m sure they can change it a bit if that date and time won’t work for you. Congratulations!!

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Had a nice First Drive in Atlanta today. The Service Center was very busy with lots of test drives happening and several people dropping off or picking up their own R1 for service. Wife thought the R1S was very nice, comfortable to drive, but a little tricky getting in and out. Definitely gonna need running boards. First time seeing Forest Edge in person, and Rivian really does need to update their configurator/look book. The photos from owners are much more accurate, as has been noted many times on here. But this isn't the thread for all that.

During the drive I mentioned not being set on a particular configuration and having heard about the R1S and really hoping to get access to that sooner than later since my current car's getting older. No real reaction or response to any of that from the guide. As he was wrapping up everything back at the SC, he asked if I had any questions. I asked if there was any chance I could get R1S Shop access soon. He said, "I guess we'll see." Doesn't sound super promising for me to get access in the near future. Oh well. Worth a shot! Wanted to do a 2nd drive anyway.

Sponsored

PNW mulestar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Received the email this morning. Gave me only one date for pickup. MAY 9TH at the service center.

Screenshot_20230506_113335_Gmail~2.jpg
when did they first contact you? I was assigned a guide last week and they confirmed my configuration. I am looking to get a gauge on how long it takes from guide assignment to vin match.

WestRivian7000

First Name
Mahesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
NONE
Clubs

when did they first contact you? I was assigned a guide last week and they confirmed my configuration. I am looking to get a gauge on how long it takes from guide assignment to vin match.
If you have a Guide, schedule a call with them to discuss next steps.
(As soon as my guide was assigned, i received an email where i could schedule a call with them)
In the call you can cover any questions you may have.
During the call, If you are flexible with the configuration, you can ask for Shop access ( if the guide does't bring it up)

WestRivian7000

First Name
Mahesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
NONE
Clubs

To answer your question, i scheduled a call a day after my test drive and during the call she mentioned that she will submit a request for shop access. 2 days later got my access, picked a car and VIN assigned.

PNW mulestar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
To answer your question, i scheduled a call a day after my test drive and during the call she mentioned that she will submit a request for shop access. 2 days later got my access, picked a car and VIN assigned.
Thanks! I have access to the shop, just not seeing anything in it. Getting close is tough, but I can be patient a little longer.