Sponsored

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

Did a chat with CS to ask to have my account flagged as flexible on configuration, but I don't think there's actually any such flag. They said, sure, we'll make a note. Doubt it has any effect whatsoever on getting access to the R1S Shop. I suspect it's largely random, with some component of your location and SC.
I made two reservations, one for a T back on 8/20, and one for an S on 4/21. Got T shop access last June but waited two months and just got what I wanted. At that time I got access before a lot of people with earlier reservations, based largely on proximity to SC (~10 miles). Obviously certain regions were favored ahead of us Georgians, like PNW and SoCal.

Now I see people getting S Shop access who have reservations >6 mo after me. I would wager almost anything it is still extremely location dependent.
Sponsored

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks. I won’t ask my guide then.
Got my access sometime this evening!
No e-mail, just logged in to my Rivian account and there it was!
9 vehicles currently available from what I can see. Currently torn on whether I should jump on one but I've held out for OC so long I feel like I have to wait a bit longer.
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! 1679360174588

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! 1679360194769

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! 1679360220684

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! 1679360237488

Lil'Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE
Occupation
Product Support
I ordered 3 months before you and got bumped a year. You moved up and have my color combo and a vin. Love ya Rivian!
We were signed up for the friends and family. That is why we got shop access last week. It is a great color combo. We've been all over the place on what to get and this fit the bill.

Geight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

9 vehicles currently available from what I can see. Currently torn on whether I should jump on one but I've held out for OC so long I feel like I have to wait a bit longer.
1679360174588.png

1679360194769.png

1679360220684.png

1679360237488.png
Hmm, still waiting on my access. Which location are you doing delivery at? Hate to bug my Guide, but might follow-up tomorrow.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Hmm, still waiting on my access. Which location are you doing delivery at? Hate to bug my Guide, but might follow-up tomorrow.
I'm about 45 minutes south of the Cleveland location. Not sure if that means I pick up there or they deliver here?
I'd be happy to pick up in Illinois as well and get a tour but they haven't given that as an option anywhere though I did tell the guide this.
When was your pre-order and current delivery estimate?

Sponsored

Geight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I'm about 45 minutes south of the Cleveland location. Not sure if that means I pick up there or they deliver here?
I'd be happy to pick up in Illinois as well and get a tour but they haven't given that as an option anywhere though I did tell the guide this.
When was your pre-order and current delivery estimate?
Preorder was mid-2021. Delivery changed to factory as its only a 3 hour drive. It’s been tough…had a taste of a R1T last July and didn’t work for the 3 kids and a dog, so parted ways with it, and I’ve been waiting for a R1S ever since. First world problems I know, so not really pushing it.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Awesome! Same here. VIN came in almost instantly and 8 steps opened up.

One slight disappointment: the VIN is for a 2022 model year (which has previously been documented on this forum). We're keeping the vehicle for a while so while I would have preferred 2023, it's not a show stopper for us. Plus, I was able to get a LE thorugh the shop whereas my previous config was not LE, so I figure the wheel upgrade helps offset the value difference between 2022 and 2023 when it comes time to sell/trade.
I picked up a very low 16xx R1S 1/26/23 delivery and have zero regrets, I do not plan on selling anytime either, the other 2 vehicles we have had 10 and 7 years.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I ordered 3 months before you and got bumped a year. You moved up and have my color combo and a vin. Love ya Rivian!
But who's keeping track.... 😉

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I made two reservations, one for a T back on 8/20, and one for an S on 4/21. Got T shop access last June but waited two months and just got what I wanted. At that time I got access before a lot of people with earlier reservations, based largely on proximity to SC (~10 miles). Obviously certain regions were favored ahead of us Georgians, like PNW and SoCal.

Now I see people getting S Shop access who have reservations >6 mo after me. I would wager almost anything it is still extremely location dependent.
Price dependent...

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

1679360174588.png

1679360194769.png

1679360220684.png

1679360237488.png
Let's go shopping...

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

so are the "daily" shop inventory refreshes at a scheduled time or at least posted by a known fixed time of day? I mean if the inventory is constantly in flux (in the upside direction) that would drive me insane. It would be even worse than me sitting here at 2AM with normal insomnia reading the Rivian forum. :)

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Probably just a typo ... no offense taken.
(snicker) that is my name for that. in the old days, when the R1S were rolling out and they were only making Launch Green, El Cap, and I think white, I made my own names for them as an outlet for my frustration.

R1T-USN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
’19 X5 40i, ’07 X5 4.8, ’98 M Roadster
Hello

I have a reservation and locked in my config for R1T - I've been in contact with my guide and decided to move over to the R1S and was told since I have a config locked I can't move over. I have to place another reservation.

I want to give my $ to Rivian directly - I don't want to get a resale and fill the pockets of the dealers. I've contacted a few private sales to help the fill pockets of a stranger...;)

I only recently realized that the rear seat folds forward and making it not dog freindly. Yes, I can get a protectie cover.

Good luck hopeflly picking the R1S that gets you on the road soon rather than later.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Can someone confirm that if you have an Adventure Reservation but get a LE from the shop, you will have to pay more than what the shop is displaying for configurations that have the "free" wheel upgrades?

I feel like I saw someone who got the discounted price and someone who had to pay more 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored