Retired

larrydallas

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus R350, Rivian R1S
That's great news for investors, probably not so much for buyers…..
Yep. I was going to repetitively post the new inventory, because I was one of those people hungry to shop vicariously, but there’s only one FG/FG/21s in the shop for… whatever region Arizona is in. Ah, well.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

281akc8.gif

I saw on facebook a February 2022 pre order got shop access.
Current mood.
People who ordered after me getting shop access 😮💨😔
Yes I'm salty.
youre salty now? someone on fb who ordered Jan 2023 got Shop access and picked an R1S.

Honey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge 2013
Occupation
Firefighter

Sponsored

oskeei

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Duramax Silverado, French's Mustard Yellow R1S
Clubs

Rivian Customer Service would be wise to understand Customer Experience (CX).

Jan '21 deposit.

I talked to them to ask what process is to get a Rivian Guide, they said I'd get one closer to my delivery window (currently like a lot of others in the July-September '23 window). I asked if I could get R1S access, they said no and that access was on "rolling basis". I asked how come folks who put R1S deposit down after me are getting delivery, have guides and/or shop access. Crickets, I disengaged from the chat as it seemed he was looking to find the response on his response sheet. Would have appreciated at least a "I understand your frustration" or "We are working hard to get as many vehicles out". Just made me feel like I was food to ask questions I should already know the answers to.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

I was denied access to the shop. Feb 2019 reservation.
I was denied multiple times but asked again this morning and my guide put in the request and I am supposed to have it within 24hrs.
Worth a shot to keep asking!

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 2022 Ford Lightning, Daiharsu Mira, Ranger
Clubs

I was denied multiple times but asked again this morning and my guide put in the request and I am supposed to have it within 24hrs.
Worth a shot to keep asking!
I think the advantage is you have a guide. I also asked for shop access and they said they would take note of it. Hopefully you get your shop access.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

I think the advantage is you have a guide. I also asked for shop access and they said they would take note of it. Hopefully you get your shop access.
I do, but I assume @Cactusone would as well being an early 19 reservation. May be wrong to assume.

Sponsored

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
R1S Shop access must be quite the algorithm.
I am a 10/2020 reservation, have a guide and delivery estimate of Q3 this year, and don't have access to even a shop filled with steaming piles of horse sh!t !!!

One more thing that irks me - now that all of you are getting access, I am again checking my Rivian account every hour thinking they may have just given me access and won't notify me until later. Like there has ever been update that hasn't occured without an immediate email from Rivian. This wouldn't be happening if it weren't for all of you!

JayinNJ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, R1S LE Canyon Red
I did a First Mile drive last weekend and was given R1S shop access. I never saw an email but I checked my account there it was. The guy that did my drive took down my preferences and said he would try to get me access.

larrydallas

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus R350, Rivian R1S
Same. Went from July - Sept 2023 to processing estimate.
I received access to the shop a few days ago and, interestingly, my delivery estimate still says “July - September 2023”. Maybe it’s a “good thing” for you guys and you’ll be starting the 8-step process soon…? Obviously with Rivian, it’s impossible to tell what’s good or bad until the vehicle is in your driveway… 🤷🏻‍♂️

kapaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang
Looking back at the shop vehicles, I notice many are priced at >80k from added extras like underbody shield, dark rims, FE trim, etc that I assume are not as commonly ordered. It seems like Rivian is using the shop as a place to upsell options/unload less popular inventory. Not a bad thing, just observing for those wondering why the shop exists.
Sponsored