Sponsored

Honey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge 2013
Occupation
Firefighter
Damn, i just went on a mile drive event today, and the employee there said their is not going to be a r1s shop for a long while.... well then here we go...

No Rivian blues...interesting🤔
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: Rad

Redmond Chad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (LG, FE, 20"), Tesla Model X
Clubs

In case anyone else is in this situation, proceed cautiously...

I had access to the R1T shop. I just changed my config to an R1S, hoping to see the R1S shop. Instead I see nothing. OK, fine - no real surprise. I changed back to an R1T...and now I don't have access to that shop either.

Not a big deal, as I will wait for a max pack if I get a truck. Just a heads up in case it is a big deal for someone else

Last edited:

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

A list of available Adventure Package R1S's ... in your area ... when is that going to happen?

And no Shop invite for you? Did you directly ask for Shop access?

Reading between the lines from your guide's response, I gather that the R1S Shop may be exclusively Launch Editions for a while. And Shop invites may go exclusively to Launch Edition preorders.
Our guide literally lied to us telling us that the shop is only for R1T…
To your point, invitations might only go out to LE reservation holders - even though we put our deposit before a lot of LE people.

Edit: she sent her email today

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Oh this is just freaking awesome. My exact config is sitting in the R1S shop and I got this from my guide tonight:

Thank you for reaching out! I haven't seen anything yet, but I fully trust you when you say you've been on the nice list this year! It has already been a pleasure working with you up until this point. Once I see more Adventure Package R1S's available, I will scour the list to find one that is in your area.

I'm still being penalized for being an ADV order because I waited out for a max pack...they can make that sale right now if they slide it my way.

Although I understand the Shops inventory usually show up on a geographical basis...

Is he saying that you won't be invited because you are not an LE preorder? I am willing to switch to an LE if it is meant to get it sooner. 09/19 pre order

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Is he saying that you won't be invited because you are not an LE preorder? I am willing to switch to an LE if it is meant to get it sooner. 09/19 pre order
You can't switch to LE.
Our theory is that the S shop is only available to LE order holders. I'm trying to confirm from my Guide... if they are willing to be transparent.

Sponsored

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
You can't switch to LE.
Our theory is that the S shop is only available to LE order holders. I'm trying to confirm from my Guide... if they are willing to be transparent.
Man, that is awful. If it wasn't for the maxpack capability, I would have went with an LE back then.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I really have no sympathy for the max pack holders who opted to not get Large LE when it was a available. Before LE was launched, it was stated as LIMITED AVAILABILITY. You picked your choice to wait for max pack 🤷🏼‍♂️

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Man, that is awful. If it wasn't for the maxpack capability, I would have went with an LE back then.
A lot of us

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I thought they were pretty clear that the S wasn’t getting max pack ever way back when we placed our LE R1S orders.

0=====0

First Name
Rajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
O|||||||O and R1S LE 0====0
Occupation
Engineering
Yes! One with 20" brights, another with 20" darks, both with underbody

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 6.53.41 PM.png
Yeh! I counted 5 Limestone with FE interior. Not with my wheels combo, but very close!

I neither have 8 steps, nor do I have the shop access! I can only hope that the Jan end update does not bring another delay!

Sponsored

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I thought they were pretty clear that the S wasn’t getting max pack ever way back when we placed our LE R1S orders.
Yes there wasn't an option to pick max pack with r1s back then but they never killed the idea of r1s max pack until the LE offers was gone. I remembered had email conversations with customer services reps.

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I really have no sympathy for the max pack holders who opted to not get Large LE when it was a available. Before LE was launched, it was stated as LIMITED AVAILABILITY. You picked your choice to wait for max pack 🤷🏼‍♂️
I don't see anyone ask for your sympathy bruh

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Yes there wasn't an option to pick max pack with r1s back then but they never killed the idea of r1s max pack until the LE offers was gone. I remembered had email conversations with customer services reps.
Can't fault you for optimistically interpreting their statements, but as I recall the R1T did have a roadmap that included a max pack when LE orders opened; the R1S didn't. Given that, I don't think you should have expected the R1S to be available with anything other than the large pack for a very very long time.

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Can't fault you for optimistically interpreting their statements, but as I recall the R1T did have a roadmap that included a max pack when LE orders opened; the R1S didn't. Given that, I don't think you should have expected the R1S to be available with anything other than the large pack for a very very long time.
That is what we get for listening to the rivian reps. They know nothing just like Tony.

Rgrin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I got R1S Shop yesterday, LE 2019 preorder in Bay area, was Jan/Feb estimate. Snagged the LG BM 22" bright. VIN xzz2663, 2022 model year. Didn't want to take my chances on the Jan refresh next week.
Sponsored