First Name
Rajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
O|||||||O and R1S LE 0====0
Occupation
Engineering
Got access to the shop at some time today I guess. I checked in the afternoon after everyone's account started saying "Processing Estimate" I still saw a bunch of vehicles in the shop.
Bunch of LG, one Rivian Blue, one White and one Limestone that almost matches what my config was, but with bright wheels.

Pulled the trigger on the Limestone with FE!
Got a Vin and going through my 8 Steps!!!

Its happening !
Sponsored

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
I'm sure someone pointed it out, but if you had ordered after the price hike, all of these seem to be pre-hike pricing. So if you were to say, cancel, and somehow get a guide to let you into the store, you could save $20k AND take someone elses cancelled order off Rivians hands.

Or am I missing something?

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I'm sure someone pointed it out, but if you had ordered after the price hike, all of these seem to be pre-hike pricing. So if you were to say, cancel, and somehow get a guide to let you into the store, you could save $20k AND take someone elses cancelled order off Rivians hands.

I'm sure only pre-hike preorders are invited. As of right now, I only see LE pre orders and a few late non LE preorders (2019) are invited.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

As someone who only reserved 6 months ago, I am pleased to see so many vehicles, but confused, too. Are these ones that people ordered and then rejected? It's weird that so many of you out there have been waiting so long. There seems to be some disconnect here...
its likely a combination of people who had orders and when their turn came up, they changed their mind not to buy or changed their config. the vehicles had issues and couldn't be delivered until resolved. they built in batches to speed up production so "extras" go to the Shop.

remember, before the Shop, these "orphans" would be doled out by Guides and it was the wild west (remember the Rivian Lottery?) on who got them or didn't. the Shop was a way for them to try to give order holders some level of fairness by order date and remove the bottleneck of Guides being gatekeepers of selecting people to vehicle.

OP
OP

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars

It ties the pricing structure to your order date. I see pre-3/1 pricing because my preorder was in before then. Another person with a post-3/1 preorder would see higher prices for the same trucks.

Sponsored

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
It ties the pricing structure to your order date. I see pre-3/1 pricing because my preorder was in before then. Another person with a post-3/1 preorder would see higher prices for the same trucks.
That makes sense, I was wondering how the kept late comers from manipulating to the lower price. Thanks!

LazarusTaxa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ60, XC90
anyone want to screenshot what's in there today? Specifically grey ones? :) :) :)

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I currently see 2 El Capitans and about 12 Launch Greens, 3 white and 1 Forest Green

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
New drops this afternoon, including two Midnights + Forest Edge, and a white with 22" darks, underbody, and spare

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 1.45.50 PM

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 1.45.55 PM

Kat

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Man, that is awful. If it wasn't for the maxpack capability, I would have went with an LE back then.
Same here. My reservation is from Feb ‘19 and I was advised to wait (by Rivian)and order max pack instead of launch edition and feel frustrated. I wanted launch green color and currently not able to get color but max pack not going to happen for R1S either.

Last edited:

quartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity PHEV
Clubs

I'm sure only pre-hike preorders are invited. As of right now, I only see LE pre orders and a few late non LE preorders (2019) are invited.
IIRC on the RS episode with Kyle they mentioned some insider info that LEs are special in that they preserve original pricing, unlike Adventure. In theory, if you ordered post-price-hike and got access to the shop, you could snag one of the LEs for the original price. It sounded like that’s what happened with some R1T’s. Of course, the odds are very low because there are a ton of existing LE and pre-price-hike orders that will be prioritized for Shop access. Also, you have to confirm (lock-in) your build and have a guide assigned before you can get access to the Shop.

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
IIRC on the RS episode with Kyle they mentioned some insider info that LEs are special in that they preserve original pricing, unlike Adventure. In theory, if you ordered post-price-hike and got access to the shop, you could snag one of the LEs for the original price. It sounded like that’s what happened with some R1T’s. Of course, the odds are very low because there are a ton of existing LE and pre-price-hike orders that will be prioritized for Shop access. Also, you have to confirm (lock-in) your build and have a guide assigned before you can get access to the Shop.
I doubt that would ever happen for the post hike adventure orders to have access to r1s shop. However, There are a few non LE adventures pre hike got invited already to the shop recently. Those invites are from their guides of course

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Is the R1S Shop dead? Any new inventory to show us on the outside?
Sponsored