Sponsored

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Your signautre said feb/march 2023? What is your guide said about the status? Do you even need R1S shop since it is almost time and you can get the spec you want?
Says that I'll get my vehicle s00n
Sponsored

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
I asked to get access to the R1S Shop and the request was approved.

Since we've ruled out that it only applies to LEs it leads me to believe its based on how old your order date is, i.e., if you ordered recently they won't just dole out R1S shop access to anyone.

Feel free to ask - one won't know the answer without asking. I'm not sure I fully understand why they have these many unallocated vehicles leaving Normal - baffles me!

Hope this helps.

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Some new inventory just dropped, including a Rivian Blue with 22"s if anyone is interested.

Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 9.57.37 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 9.57.46 AM.png
What time of the day would you say inventory gets updated? Is it a midnight thing, or top of the morning?

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Just got an email back from my guide. So I guess non LE maybe invited? To be honest, I don't know how much I can trust these guides.

Hi Lance,

We just started offering this recently, so there is a chance you could get an invite. Keep an eye on your email!

Stay adventurous,
Brian

Rivian Guide
Go back and just clearly articulate that you'd like access given you are a 2019 order holder. Worked on my end.

Sponsored

OP
OP

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
What time of the day would you say inventory gets updated? Is it a midnight thing, or top of the morning?
I definitely saw new inventory get added this morning, but I don't know if there's a particular cadence.

Congrats on getting access, by the way! Out of curiosity, do you see Launch Editions?

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
I definitely saw new inventory get added this morning, but I don't know if there's a particular cadence.

Congrats on getting access, by the way! Out of curiosity, do you see Launch Editions?
Store is empty and says check in later.
I'm also located in the most densely populated part of the Country. They probably get gobbled up very quickly...or...people aren't backing out of their allocations.

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Go back and just clearly articulate that you'd like access given you are a 2019 order holder. Worked on my end.
Yea. I told my guide couple times about it. Once on the phone call and couple times via email. He doesn't seem to be a great guide imo that willing to jump hoops for old pre orders...

I'm glad your guide gave you access real fast. Hope u find one soon.

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Yea. I told my guide couple times about it. Once on the phone call and couple times via email. He doesn't seem to be a great guide imo that willing to jump hoops for old pre orders...

I'm glad your guide gave you access real fast. Hope u find one soon.
Keep chipping away.

I finally got access and checked..."We're all out for now." I guess I have another reason to log onto my account every morning...

OP
OP

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I finally got access and checked..."We're all out for now." I guess I have another reason to log onto my account every morning...
I suspect they figured out the "LE vs Adventure" problem they had with early R1 Shop access. Some Adventure reservation holders were able to snag LEs, but that wasn't supposed to happen. Right now I see 10 R1S, all LEs. I suspect Adventure trims will be fewer and farther between for a while.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

First Name
DT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Tesla M3P / '21 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Occupation
Software Dev / Architect / Product Designer
Some new inventory just dropped, including a Rivian Blue with 22"s if anyone is interested.
Holy hell, iId take that blue one all day, every day.

But I am a late order peasant :giggle:

Here I am moving hay several miles in a wheelbarrow because I have no R1S ...

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! 1675120111688

EBEG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2016 Pilot, 2019 Jetta
As someone who only reserved 6 months ago, I am pleased to see so many vehicles, but confused, too. Are these ones that people ordered and then rejected? It's weird that so many of you out there have been waiting so long. There seems to be some disconnect here...
Just a theory, but it seems like the R1S shop, like the R1T shop, both have a disproportionate number of FE interiors. I also see a fair number of 20" bright wheels, 20"dark and 22" dark wheels. My guess is they over ordered some of those parts. So they build vehicles with the lesser-ordered options, put them in the shop, and get them out the door.

I'm sure it's not quite that simple, but I don't see how it doesn't factor in somehow.

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
I suspect they figured out the "LE vs Adventure" problem they had with early R1 Shop access. Some Adventure reservation holders were able to snag LEs, but that wasn't supposed to happen. Right now I see 10 R1S, all LEs. I suspect Adventure trims will be fewer and farther between for a while.
My config would be priced the same as an ADV or LE with my upgrades but your theory makes sense for others who would get a discount by grabbing an LE.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

Some Adventure reservation holders were able to snag LEs, but that wasn't supposed to happen.
In the future, will LE reservation holders be able to snag Adventure R1S's from the Shop? Or is that also not supposed to happen?

(I'm kidding! But sometimes I can't resist "poking the bear.")

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I have not seen one none LE Been delivered yet. Doubt it would be on r1s shop.
Sponsored