Sponsored

UzairInLa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Clubs

I was neither and got it after a test drive. They want people that are flexible and ready to buy immediately. I said no trade-in, flexible in many areas, and eager to buy. I got access a week later.
Exactly the same situation here. Opened up hours after my first mile. I was told I was on a “leads” list.
Sponsored

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

So is there any rhyme or reason to R1S shop access? I see a lot of people with reservation dates after me getting in...
Great question. Here's what I found ...
What Tony said in his 6/6/22 mass email: "... we’ll continue to add invites on a rolling basis weighing factors like preorder date, current configuration, and vehicle availability."
What @Lil'Dave and others said: friends and family
What @UzairInLa said: "leads" list
What @electrictaco said: "manager's request"
What Rivian's public-facing website says: " "

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! 2023-04-01

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I've made a request to CS to be added to the "I'm flexible with configuration and would love R1S Shop access" list. I've also had a First Mile drive on which I also said I was flexible on config. No luck for shop access in the ATL area. I guess I might try another First Mile test drive -- wife wasn't able to come the first time, so I would use her as the excuse -- and specifically mention some of the code words here, like "manager request", "leads list", etc. and specifically that I would love R1S Shop access and have see others with orders later than mine get it. Seems silly that this is a thing, but it's clearly a thing.

robertrivian

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Porsche Cayenne GTS, 2023 R1T on order
Clubs

I've made a request to CS to be added to the "I'm flexible with configuration and would love R1S Shop access" list. I've also had a First Mile drive on which I also said I was flexible on config. No luck for shop access in the ATL area. I guess I might try another First Mile test drive -- wife wasn't able to come the first time, so I would use her as the excuse -- and specifically mention some of the code words here, like "manager request", "leads list", etc. and specifically that I would love R1S Shop access and have see others with orders later than mine get it. Seems silly that this is a thing, but it's clearly a thing.
The R1S Shop in Atlanta hasn't had any S models for a while. Getting in is important but the inventory just isn't there. Hope for a April dump of vehicles once Rivian confirms that people didn't accept delivery during the March Push and don't want them. I think there will be less R models in the shop as T's because everytime I looked when I had R1T access there were models available. Not happening now that I have S access. Don't be sad you don't have access as there isn't any in there.

Sponsored

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
I was able to see very similar inventory for a few minutes, but can’t get anything to load in the shop now (not even “all out” message).

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The R1S Shop in Atlanta hasn't had any S models for a while. Getting in is important but the inventory just isn't there. Hope for a April dump of vehicles once Rivian confirms that people didn't accept delivery during the March Push and don't want them. I think there will be less R models in the shop as T's because everytime I looked when I had R1T access there were models available. Not happening now that I have S access. Don't be sad you don't have access as there isn't any in there.
That makes me feel a tiny bit better, but I'd still rather have access than not. Maybe I would luck out and refresh at the right time! :)

Tarkus

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Lincoln Mark LT & '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Outdoor/Indoor E911 Wireless Engineer
Ugh.... Another Compass Yellow LE & I cannot get access... (I no longer have any finger nails as well...) :cool:

robertrivian

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

That makes me feel a tiny bit better, but I'd still rather have access than not. Maybe I would luck out and refresh at the right time! :)
There were a bunch late the afternoon but now you can't get in. All were launch. Does anyone remember what you get with the launch besides the wrist band?

bgoldber88

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T LE, 2021 BMW X3 PHEV
Occupation
Engineer
lol were probably the ones keeping the servers offline with our mad refreshes to get inventory (R1T for me, not R1S lol)

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
There were a bunch late the afternoon but now you can't get in. All were launch. Does anyone remember what you get with the launch besides the wrist band?
launch gets you LG as an option and free wheel upgrade.

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 2022 Ford Lightning, Daiharsu Mira, Ranger
Clubs

When asking support about shop access, they said,

“We are actively working to send out invitation to our earliest reservation holders first from 2018-19 and proceeding accordingly from there.”

I’d be happy with many of the options posted above in the shop, I’m pretty flexible

robertrivian

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

launch gets you LG as an option and free wheel upgrade.
Looks like bright 20” are the upgrade not the black 20” AT plus the 20” AT are free. Is that correct?

larrydallas

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus R350, Rivian R1S
I was able to see very similar inventory for a few minutes, but can’t get anything to load in the shop now (not even “all out” message).
I haven’t been able to get anything to load either all afternoon in Arizona…

EDIT: Where are you located?

larrydallas

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus R350, Rivian R1S
Just got off the phone with CS, and apparently it’s their entire network. PAAK, R1 Shop, etc. are all mostly down. Was told it’s working well enough for them to perform core functions, but has been a major issue for them all day. Of course, CS has no root cause or ETA yet and don’t expect to notify pre-order holders. They WILL notify existing owners.
Sponsored