First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Audi e-tron
Occupation
Med Device
Curious to see if they make a huge push to deliver as many orders as possible before the end of the fiscal quarter at the end of June.
I picked my original config from the shop on Wednesday and just got a text from the Austin SC that it will be ready for pick up next week! And, it was scheduled to leave Normal either yesterday or today. I am a little shocked how fast this has happened. I'd definitely say Rivian is making a big end of Q2 push for numbers.
Sponsored

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
So...if the shop is now showing both, should I switch my pre-price hike R1S reservation to an R1T, which should pretty much immediately get me access to the shop, and then just choose an R1S? 😜
You'll have to be quick though. You would jump to the front of the R1T production line. A few hours later you might get an email saying "we built your R1T and it's ready to be delivered".

gregtay

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S LS/OC, '21 Escalade, '13 RS5 Cab
I picked my original config from the shop on Wednesday and just got a text from the Austin SC that it will be ready for pick up next week! And, it was scheduled to leave Normal either yesterday or today. I am a little shocked how fast this has happened. I'd definitely say Rivian is making a big end of Q2 push for numbers.
I'm jealous. I picked mine from the shop last Thursday and it is still sitting there as of today waiting to get loaded on a truck. 😏

NormalLife

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Audi e-tron
Occupation
Med Device
I'm jealous. I picked mine from the shop last Thursday and it is still sitting there as of today waiting to get loaded on a truck. 😏
Do you know this via your guide, or is there some way to see the status of transport?

kilik49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Kia EV6, Lincoln Navigator
I picked mine 5/17. I was contacted by my service center last week saying it would be ready the week of 6/12. Going from the factory to South FL.

Sponsored

gregtay

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S LS/OC, '21 Escalade, '13 RS5 Cab

LZ4321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S 2023
Are y’all seeing any LE GW with 22” wheels?

I’m going crazy over here trying to get shop access again.
Just got access this afternoon (about 50 ish hours after I was told it had been requested).

I don’t see any LE. Just 1 Adventure El Cap / BM / 21’s, and 1 Adventure RB / OC / All Terrain PKG

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! IMG_0358

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Anybody know or has any history with guide Danny R.????

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
I HAVE SHOP ACCESS AGAIN! Woohoo!!! :rock: Lets try this again.

Last edited:

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
Trains initially seemed to slow Rivian down when they were moving away from flatbed but tour guide today said it’s significantly faster they can fit ten per rail car stacked(5 each row) and rails are at the factory with a loading dock.

Sponsored

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
My guide said that starting next Thursday they will revert back to using rail for shipping for the most part vs truck. She said truck is definitely much faster. She then goes, don't quote me on it.

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
Probably location dependent, KC SC by truck is super fast

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Probably location dependent, KC SC by truck is super fast
Yup! Seems that way especially for Houston SC.

I saw you posted about a scratch. How did that happen?

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
Yup! Seems that way especially for Houston SC.

I saw you posted about a scratch. How did that happen?
Well, we were staying at a hotel in Normal overnight and I parked in the back near our R1T that was charging , tons of open spots and no left spot, what could go wrong? Went in to check in, take bags up took half hour, came back out to lovely Dodge Ram kissing the R1S(no means no) no way they could get out of the Ram without their doors hitting the R1S sure enough there was scratch on passenger rear door since it came from factory 100% positive it wasn’t there before and we definitely inspected it first.

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Well, we were staying at a hotel in Normal overnight and I parked in the back near our R1T that was charging , tons of open spots and no left spot, what could go wrong? Went in to check in, take bags up took half hour, came back out to lovely Dodge Ram kissing the R1S(no means no) no way they could get out of the Ram without their doors hitting the R1S sure enough there was scratch on passenger rear door since it came from factory 100% positive it wasn’t there before and we definitely inspected it first.
That sucks!! Why are ppl like this?! I guess you got the first damage out of the way. Sucks it happened so soon. I got a rock chip on my last car at 500 miles.
Sponsored