Sponsored

State11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, Defender D90
For anyone interested in timing after a shop purchase, I snagged my config in the shop on 5/8 and was notified that it was at the West Sacramento Service center this morning with an ETA of 6/3. I got a call this afternoon that it had already finished inspection. I pick it up on Thursday.

I'm happy with the timing and most things about Rivian, but isn't it crazy that you can purchase a roll of toilet paper and track it to your doorstep, but not a vehicle?
Sponsored

robertrivian

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Porsche Cayenne GTS, 2023 R1T on order
Clubs

Checked in with my guide to get some information about parts of the 8-step process. Also asked if she had a better idea of where my vehicle is. She said it looked like it was already at the local SC and should get through inspection and prep this week. Might be contacted to schedule a date next week. Woo!!
Great news. I pick my new R1S up at the Atlanta service center on 6/2. Very excited.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

Speaking of timing ... Illinois residents may want to consider that our state's EV rebate program appears to be getting $20.5M from the state's new budget. (The budget that the governor submitted to the legislature in February included $20.5M to revive the program.) I expect the program to reopen July 1st (start of state's fiscal year). In 2022, you needed a "purchase date" on or after July 1st to qualify. Will the rules be the same in 2023? Don't know ... but I plan to play it safe and delay purchase until July. (Over the past 4+ years, Rivian has been extremely cooperative in delaying my purchase. :)) The Illinois EV rebate is $4000 with no MSRP or income limits, but low-income applicants get first dibs at the available funds during each "cycle" of the program. It is a rebate, not a tax credit, and is considered taxable income on your federal return.

Last edited:

Robotpedlr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivan R1S
Occupation
Sales
I just got access tonight too and Guide assigned. Haven’t talked to her yet but my delivery window also went to “processing” I’m assuming this means timing for my config should be similar? Anyone else get access and have their configuration turn to processing?
Same happened to us yesterday. Shop access (no email, but noticed I now have the green banner and can access the shop). My config also says processing. Nervous about picking one from the shop that may be a reject from another delivery. Hopefully that is not the case. Several in there close to our config, but waiting for Black interior, the ones listed have OC.

Also how do I know if I have a guide assigned?

Ryanj

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi e-tron, R1S preorder
Same happened to us yesterday. Shop access (no email, but noticed I now have the green banner and can access the shop). My config also says processing. Nervous about picking one from the shop that may be a reject from another delivery. Hopefully that is not the case. Several in there close to our config, but waiting for Black interior, the ones listed have OC.

Also how do I know if I have a guide assigned?
Click on the “?” At the top right of your page and you will see a the name of your guide instead of the general CS contact info if you have one assigned.

I’m not nervous about selecting a shop truck but will try to be a little patient for a couple of configurations. I haven’t talked to my guide yet but if these trucks are still at the factory then waiting for my exact config probably isn’t that much of a longer wait.

Sponsored

emceter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
I actually decided to stop by the service center yesterday as I was informed Friday that my vehicle was on schedule to deliver over the weekend. I didn’t meet with anyone as I believe all were off for the holiday.

Yes mine was a super low VIN for 2023. Built Jan 2023 VIN 003xx That did concern me and I even asked about it here. I figured with it being an earlier build it may have had more eyes on it compared to the newer ones they’re quickly pumping out. That was a wrong assumption on my end.

Below are the issues I found from my visual inspection. I don’t have pics for everything but here are a few.

- The rear top tail gate piece has a bulge and is wavy with deep scratches
- Passenger side roof has deep scratches
- Middle painted piece between the two glass roof panels also has deep scratches. Looks like a tree branch scraped it and caused them.
- Wheel arch trim pieces misaligned
- Silver window trim around third row sticks out on both sides. No other R1S had this issue and I walked around 6 others on the lot for comparison.
- Both side emblems are misaligned within the indention for it.
- faint body panel dent above passenger side rear wheel arch
- Driver side rear door paint chipped
- Walking up to the vehicle I noticed the tail lights randomly flashed. Happened twice while I was there. No other vehicle did this.
- Crappy body panel caulk/ paint in the corner where the outer parts of the tail lights meet the body
- Right side of tailgate edge paint is rough and bumpy

The vehicle had a sticky note with the word paint attached to the dashboard.

So after seeing all that I made up my mind to call my guide today and let her know I don’t feel comfortable taking delivery and would like to be matched to a different one or be given shop access again. It’s now a waiting game as she goes through the proper channels to get this resolved.

IMG_7510.jpeg

IMG_7544.jpeg

IMG_7546.jpeg

IMG_7495.jpeg

IMG_7518.jpeg
I am shocked they would try to sell a vehicle in this shape. This is worse than a base Kia in the 90s. Hell, even those didn’t come with deep grooves like this, not to mention the other imperfections

Robotpedlr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivan R1S
Occupation
Sales
Click on the “?” At the top right of your page and you will see a the name of your guide instead of the general CS contact info if you have one assigned.
Thanks… yep, see guide info there.

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
I am shocked they would try to sell a vehicle in this shape. This is worse than a base Kia in the 90s. Hell, even those didn’t come with deep grooves like this, not to mention the other imperfections
I do want to clarify, SC had not completed their PDI process as it had just landed over the weekend when I went to see it. Seeing all these issues however, made me realize it best I reject it even if it’s fixed up. I couldn’t understand why the taillights flashed randomly. First thought was maybe it has electrical issues. Also why was this unit at the factory for so long after production?

emceter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
I do want to clarify, SC had not completed their PDI process as it had just landed over the weekend when I went to see it. Seeing all these issues however, made me realize it best I reject it even if it’s fixed up. I couldn’t understand why the taillights flashed randomly. First thought was maybe it has electrical issues. Also why was this unit at the factory for so long after production?
That makes me feel better, I did not see that you said that at first. Ok, that makes me feel better, you just jumped the gun and did what I was trying to get my wife to agree on, going over to the service center before we could officially see it haha

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
That makes me feel better, I did not see that you said that at first. Ok, that makes me feel better, you just jumped the gun and did what I was trying to get my wife to agree on, going over to the service center before we could officially see it haha
lol I was just impatient. It’s about an hour from my house but I just got the itch to go. I’m glad I went though.

Sponsored

Honey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge 2013
Occupation
Firefighter
Everything's based on production date, so highly unlikely a current LE truck would have been built in the date range to have Meridian, but YMMV as someone did report getting a very low VIN on a LE selected in the R1S shop earlier this month.

I made this post a few weeks back detailing some of the relevant dates for the various manufacturing revisions, but to summarize, a January 2023 or earlier build should have Meridian Audio and a dash 12V. A February 2023 or later R1S build should have Rivian Elevation Audio and no 12V in dash. It's unlikely to see a frunk 12V on a 2023 R1S build regardless of date, but there was a small batch that was run with excess parts so it's not impossible.

For context, I selected my LE in the shop in April 2023 and it was built in March 2023. It does not have Meridian or either of the front 12V plugs, but does have the driver side safety enhancements (not having a 12V in the front of the cabin is honestly my biggest peeve with the truck, but I'd still trade that and Rivian audio for the safety improvements).
Mine was built in February 2023. it has meridian and 12v under the dash but not in the frunk. It also has the updated safety improvements. My build must have been the last few to have those features before they completely axed them.

Southern R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (LE/GW/OC/20"AT), Lexus GX 460 Luxury
Occupation
Builder
Mine was built in February 2023. it has meridian and 12v under the dash but not in the frunk. It also has the updated safety improvements. My build must have been the last few to have those features before they completely axed them.
That's awesome -- congrats! I suspect there are very, very few vehicles out there that have Meridian, 12V in dash, and the driver side safety improvements.

I would definitely go buy some lottery tickets with luck like that!!

gregtay

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S LS/OC, '21 Escalade, '13 RS5 Cab
Does seem like there is a history to this car... carrier truck drove it under a tree branch or something. That is rough :-O. Good call to the OP for rejecting it, that would have been a difficult decision to make.

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
As I wait, I’m just curious what others with shop access are currently seeing. Anyone mind sharing?

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

This afternoon down to 4 from 30 earlier in the day.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! IMG_1016
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! IMG_1015
Sponsored